• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Couples Only Earn Registry Rewards Points for Registered Items?

In summary, the couple only gets Product Value points for the items that they are actually registered for. For example, if they register for a Bar Pan. Aunt Sue goes in buys them the Bar Pan OFF their registry, but then says "Oh, they NEED the Food Chopper" - she can still buy them the Food chopper, but they only aquire the $29.50 for the bar pan towards their show total - NOT her total order. Right? So it helps the couple to register for more, and it hurts them if they haven't selected it on their registry. Did I understand the program correctly? Just curious because I have my first registry and the couple didn't pick very many items. I wanted to explain that
ChefinHarmony
Okay, I thought I read somewhere that the couple only gets Product Value points for the items that they are actually registered for. For example, if they register for a Bar Pan. Aunt Sue goes in buys them the Bar Pan OFF their registry, but then says "Oh, they NEED the Food Chopper" - she can still buy them the Food chopper, but they only aquire the $29.50 for the bar pan towards their show total - NOT her total order. Right? So it helps the couple to register for more, and it hurts them if they haven't selected it on their registry. Did I understand the program correctly? Just curious because I have my first registry and the couple didn't pick very many items. I wanted to explain that to the bride when I contacted her. Please let me know if anyone has personal experience with this!
Thanks!!
Joanne

I dont' know how that works.....but am intersted in an answer as well. I haven't done a wedding registry yet.

This is from the Wedding Registry Q&A:purchasing items for themselves: Gift buyers will be asked if they’re interested in ordering products for their own use. If so, this will be handled as any other online individual order.
- Please note that these purchases do not count toward the couple’s Registry Rewards, because they’re not gift purchases for the wedding.Q. Can the gift buyer purchase a greater quantity of an item than the couple requested?
A. No. As a service to the couple, the registry doesn’t allow this. However, a gift buyer can purchase a product that the couple didn’t list on the registry.HTH

ChefinHarmony said:
Okay, I thought I read somewhere that the couple only gets Product Value points for the items that they are actually registered for. For example, if they register for a Bar Pan. Aunt Sue goes in buys them the Bar Pan OFF their registry, but then says "Oh, they NEED the Food Chopper" - she can still buy them the Food chopper, but they only aquire the $29.50 for the bar pan towards their show total - NOT her total order. Right? So it helps the couple to register for more, and it hurts them if they haven't selected it on their registry. Did I understand the program correctly? Just curious because I have my first registry and the couple didn't pick very many items. I wanted to explain that to the bride when I contacted her. Please let me know if anyone has personal experience with this!
Thanks!!
Joanne
Anything ordered through the registry counts toward their total for the registry benefits. What doesn't count is if the Aunt Sue buys HERSELF a chopper. It's only the items bought for the couple that count.

So as long as they select to have all the items shipped to the couple - the couple gets the product total rewards, regardless if they actually registered for it? Does it give them the choice to shop the catalog for the couple or only select from the list?
Thanks!
Joanne

Bump! I am interested in this as well... I just got my first registry and am trying to figure out everything that I can about them now!! Also...what happens to items that are discontinued or restyled after February 28?

jenniferknapp said:
Also...what happens to items that are discontinued or restyled after February 28?

You read my mind. A friend has a registry through me and I know she has registered for things that were restyled...will they automatically be updated on the registry???

I do not believe that they will be automatically updated. They'll get an email that some things are being discontinnued (including the restyles), but will than have to add the new versions. If they were the same item numbers, they'd probably be Ok, but HO has assigned new numbers to the new versions.

chefann said:
I do not believe that they will be automatically updated. They'll get an email that some things are being discontinnued (including the restyles), but will than have to add the new versions. If they were the same item numbers, they'd probably be Ok, but HO has assigned new numbers to the new versions.
That's right. They get an email saying that there are new products and they have to add them themselves (or ask us to do that).

Now is a perfect opportunity to check in with anyone we have with a registry! You could tell them that these things with be added/deleted/changed on March 1st and you would be glad to update it for them on that date. That way they'll be set right away.

Thanks! I think I will talk with her and tell her that new products will be available, so I can send her a catty....maybe she will want some new products!!
Since I will contact her about this...is there anything else that I should mention....do I offer any of the invites or inserts from Merrill? Will she go through me in the end to claim her "host" rewards? Thanks :)

Ask her if she needs any additional cards. They only get 30 in the pack from HO. The cards from Merrill are nice and pretty inexpensive, really, so give her plenty.

All non-personalized Wedding Registry items are on sale at Merrill this month, too.

Now my question is... How are the shipping charges dealt with here? Does the buyer have to also pay the $4 shipping? Isn't everything delivered to the registered couple all at once or is it sent to them as orders come in? Hhmmm... confused.

All orders are charged direct shipping and are processed & shipped as they are ordered

Related to Do Couples Only Earn Registry Rewards Points for Registered Items?

1. What is the Registry Rewards program?

The Registry Rewards program is a special program for Pampered Chef customers who are creating a registry for a special occasion, such as a wedding or housewarming. It allows friends and family to easily purchase gifts from the registry, while also earning rewards for the registry owner.

2. How do I sign up for Registry Rewards?

To sign up for Registry Rewards, simply create a registry on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. During the registry creation process, you will have the option to enroll in the program and create a login for tracking your rewards.

3. How do I earn rewards through the Registry Rewards program?

For every purchase made from your registry, you will earn 10% of the total purchase price in rewards. These rewards can then be used towards future purchases from Pampered Chef.

4. Can I use my Registry Rewards towards items on my own registry?

Yes, you can use your Registry Rewards towards items on your own registry. This is a great way to save money on items that you still need for your kitchen.

5. Is there a limit to how many rewards I can earn through the Registry Rewards program?

There is no limit to how many rewards you can earn through the Registry Rewards program. The more purchases made from your registry, the more rewards you will earn to use towards your own Pampered Chef purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefinHarmony