• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Any of You Use a Product Checklist for Packing Before and After

no, make that 4 sets of the NEW products. I would like a list of the items that are necessary and new.I would like a list of the items that are necessary and new.
amy07
Do any of you use a product checklist for packing before AND after your shows? I'm thinking of doing this only because on a few occassions I have left something behind. Now my hosts have always been honest and called to let me know. However, I cannot find my cookbooks and I know that I had them at my last show in December. I'm not wanting to point fingers, but the host says they are not at her house. hmmmmm, so do you think they jumped ship on the ride home?:rolleyes:
So back to my question for those of you who do this would you mind sharing your "cheat sheet"? And in all honesty I don't know how I would use it leaving a show as I place my dirty dishes in my tub as I use them. So I'm open to suggestions.

I need one depending on the recipe I do! A couple of the recipes have items that I don't normally show at my shows that I need to remember to grab before I leave. Plus with the new recipes coming out, there is an even bigger selection of items I will need to remember.

I don't do an official list but I do a mental list. I count five cookbooks when I'm done and do a triple check before I leave. Once as I'm packing and I'm checking with guests if they need help. Twice after I have packed everything and the hostess is cleaning - always checking in the sink. A third time after I have loaded everything in the car. I make a special trip back inside and ask the host or other guests to check for me. I have forgotten tons of items but checking multiple times and asking for help does seem to help.

I have stopped bringing cookbooks to shows because they tend to get legs. :(

dannyzmom said:
I have stopped bringing cookbooks to shows because they tend to get legs. :(

I've lost 2-3 Season's Best this season, but thankfully nothing else. The only other one I lost was Casual Cooking b/c a guest thought she could take it with her when it was the free w/$60 gift.

As to the original question, I do one recipe a month, wash all dishes at my host's house, repack them exactly the same, and put it back in the car for the next show. I also do what Bee does--after I bring my bags to my car, I go back in for one last check and to say goodbye before I leave.

In three years I have "gifted" a knife and wine bottle opener, but gained 2 prep bowls from a host. I now started making a list of the products before leaving.

No list for going home, but I make a list so I can pack my bag. I try to keep all my things right by me, but tonight's show was messy. Very small work space and the host was getting out her items. I was making mental notes about what she had and what I brought. So far I havn't lost anything.

I don't think I've had a cookbook walk off, but I write my name on the title page (not the cover) with a marker in LARGE letters. And I beat my books up a little so that they look like I use them a lot. Nobody's going to take an obviously used book. :) I might start putting a label on the front and back covers with my name on it.

chefann said:
I don't think I've had a cookbook walk off, but I write my name on the title page (not the cover) with a marker in LARGE letters. And I beat my books up a little so that they look like I use them a lot. Nobody's going to take an obviously used book. :) I might start putting a label on the front and back covers with my name on it.

I don't know Ann, one of mine the pages are rippled because my son spilled something on it. Of course mine wasn't left behind or "accidentally" picked up, it just jumped ship!:rolleyes: LOL

just bumping

I would like a list - I have always taken too much to my shows and I have a show on Thursday and I do want to take too much this time - after the minor accident, I have had trouble lifting things with my left arm - the doctor says it will take a little longer to heal because of the winter time - so I want to take the most necessary products - I also want to take the new products. I have a few doubles of the NEW products (I earn level 1 & 2) and bought the whole sample package. With the doubles - I am going to offer the people at my show on Thursday if they book a catalog/cooking show and close it by March 14 (needs to be $300 in guest sales) will receive 1 of those products of their choice FREE.

So ladies and gents - type up your list and let me know

PLEASE

Thank You

:chef:

I make the same 4-6 recipes for each season. I picked 5 for this season. What I did was make a list of any and all products used in those 5 recipes. This is what I will take to my shows. I don't know if I will bring all the big items every time (fluted stone, 8 qt stock pot, etc) but at least I'll have the core products with me. You can also subsititute as needed (classic batter bowl instead of SS bowl). This has helped alot so I don't have to change my kit every month or as needed when host wants a different recipe. There is enough choices that there should be something for everyone. Now I just need to repack since I don't have any other kitchen shows until March.

Just be sure to look in the nooks and crannies of your car - I could have sworn something got "left behind" at a host's house and asked her repeatedly to check her house for it (I think I annoyed her a little! oops!). A month later, when cleaning out my car, I found it and was very embarrassed. I emailed the host and apologized, but I still felt really bad. I recently thought I left the new trivet at a host's house after searching my bags and car for it, and magically found it at my next show standing up on the side of my bag (with the bottom side facing out - black, just like the bag). I apologized to her, too, and promised I would never ask a host if I left something there again. If they tell me, great, but if not, my loss - a write-off I guess!As for a list, how about using the Shopping List and just checking everything off that you packed for the show. Then, you can use it to double check when you're repacking after the show. Just a thought - I may start doing this myself since I seem to be losing my brain cells lately! ;)

I make up my show notes for each recipe (i.e., Brie & Fizz) and include a packing list, grocery list (then I just cut and paste into an e-mail for the host), pre-show prep and then show notes. When the recipe is selected, I print it out, pack and go.

I have a ton of notes and would be happy to share with anyone.

I'm attaching my "Brie/Fizz" notes as an example...it's not written for interactive, but certainly could be.

HTH

Attachments

• Brown Sugar Brie-Fizz.doc
    38 KB · Views: 286
Chefstover2 said:
I make up my show notes for each recipe (i.e., Brie & Fizz) and include a packing list, grocery list (then I just cut and paste into an e-mail for the host), pre-show prep and then show notes. When the recipe is selected, I print it out, pack and go.

I have a ton of notes and would be happy to share with anyone.

I'm attaching my "Brie/Fizz" notes as an example...it's not written for interactive, but certainly could be.

HTH
Just to toot Stover's horn (was it as good for you as it was for me Kristen?;) ), I started using her format about 6 months ago and it has helped me TREEEEEE-mendously!

Last edited:

Related to Do Any of You Use a Product Checklist for Packing Before and After

What is a product checklist for packing before and after?

A product checklist for packing before and after is a list of items that you should have on hand when packing your products for a Pampered Chef party, as well as a list of items to check for when unpacking after the party.

Why is it important to use a product checklist for packing before and after?

Using a product checklist for packing before and after ensures that you have all the necessary items for a successful party and also helps you keep track of your inventory. It can also help prevent forgetting important items or leaving items behind at a party.

What items should be included on a product checklist for packing before and after?

Some items that should be included on a product checklist for packing before and after include: product inventory, business supplies (such as order forms and catalogs), cooking tools and utensils, demonstration products, payment options, and any special items needed for a specific party theme.

How can I create a personalized product checklist for packing before and after?

To create a personalized product checklist, start by making a list of all the necessary items you need for a successful party. Then, organize the list into categories such as product inventory, business supplies, and cooking tools. You can also add any additional items that are specific to your needs or party theme.

Where can I find a pre-made product checklist for packing before and after?

Pampered Chef offers a pre-made product checklist for packing before and after on our website and also provides a physical copy in our consultant starter kit. Additionally, you can find various product checklists and packing lists online from other Pampered Chef consultants or by searching on the internet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Alanna1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chef~Amber