• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Unique Sticker Placements with Our Holiday Spreaders

In summary, The Pampered Chef is taking the following actions because some of their holiday plates contain lead levels that exceed California's Proposition 65 requirements. The plates will be either returned to the company or have stickers put on them that state the product does not comply with Proposition 65.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Where am I sticking them now?
The Holiday Spreaders...and what else?

I'm not putting them on anything. I'm going to address it on a case by case basis or maybe make an announcement about the plates and spreaders.

The Holiday serving plate and appetizer plates...they're all in the same picture, so one sticker oughta do it.

Thanks!
Kris - every time I see your sig line and I read "heading to Miami" my heart skips a beat and I momentarily think "She's coming to visit - she's coming to visit - crap, I have to clean the house - LOL"
Then I realize you're refering to the incentive trip - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Thanks!
Kris - every time I see your sig line and I read "heading to Miami" my heart skips a beat and I momentarily think "She's coming to visit - she's coming to visit - crap, I have to clean the house - LOL"
Then I realize you're refering to the incentive trip - LOL

LOL

Well, I'll give you a heads up...I'm coming down for Christmas, so make sure the house is clean, OK? :D

Chefstover2 said:
LOL

Well, I'll give you a heads up...I'm coming down for Christmas, so make sure the house is clean, OK? :D

I'll start cleaning NOW - LOL

I wanna visit Carolyn too!!

DebbieJ said:
I'm not putting them on anything. I'm going to address it on a case by case basis or maybe make an announcement about the plates and spreaders.

Ditto---

First of all its too much work, secondly what happens when they are available? You have to go back and gently pull off the stickers?

LOL, I dont have patience for that.

But are the beaded products ok?:confused:

Beaded products are OK. The holiday plates are only not OK in California.

So, right now I shouldn't show the Holiday Serving Plate, right? I don't have the Holiday Spreaders, but they are on stop sell, too? Is that everything?

chefann said:
Beaded products are OK. The holiday plates are only not OK in California.
So we can show those?

That's what I thought. Let me double check the note from HO.

KellyTheChef said:
I wanna visit Carolyn too!!

Me too!

Hey Carolyn, I'm trying to make arrangements to come see my dad in 2 weeks. He lives in WPB - maybe we can get together for lunch? How far away is Kristi? Maybe she can meet too? I'll let you know when I finalize my plans.

OK- the note from HO is confusing as to whether non-Californians can take orders for the plates.
Holiday Plates
While the Holiday Serving Plate (#2807) and the Holiday Appetizer Plates (#2808) meet federal lead requirements as well as our quality standards, we recently determined that these products do not comply with California’s Proposition 65 requirements. Although Proposition 65 does not prevent the sale or use of these products, it does require strong warnings to be placed on products sold to or used by California consumers that exceed certain levels of lead and other listed chemicals. Proposition 65 does not apply to sales or use of products in any other state or in other countries. While our supplier provided us with certifications from independent testing facilities indicating that the above products meet the California lead limitations, we conducted additional independent testing on random samples which indicates at least some of these products contain lead at levels that exceed the state’s warning threshold for lead. The Proposition 65 lead limits are very low. In fact, FDA tests show that lead levels found in some everyday food products can exceed the California standard. However, we want to continue to follow our quality guidelines which require our products to comply with California’s Proposition 65 requirements. We know that you and your customers have come to expect the highest quality standards from The Pampered Chef.Given the situation with the holiday plates, we will take the following actions: 1) If you live in California and received the Holiday Serving Plate (#2807) and/or Holiday Appetizer Plates (#2808) as part of the Director Benefit Kit, the June Sell-A-Thon or as part of a sample order, we will issue a call tag so that the products can be returned to us. If you received a call tag for the Holiday spreader, you may return these products with the Spreader. You will receive a separate email before the end of the month identifying the date on which you can expect Federal Express to pick up the products.2) If you live outside of California and received the Holiday Serving Plate (#2807) and/or Holiday Appetizer Plates (#2808), you may choose to return the products to us or keep the products. You may return these products with the call tag issued for the Holiday Spreader. If you did not receive the Holiday Spreader and want to return the plates, please email the Solution Center at [email protected] to obtain a call tag. 3) If you submitted a sample order for the plates that hasn’t shipped, your order for these products will be on backorder. The backorders will be filled when we have acceptable plates in stock.

It doesn't say we can't continue to sell them. I just skimmed. Let me know if I'm wrong. They'll just be on BO?

I wonder what were gonna do with the wine glasses..:confused:. I ordered them in my samples & never got them, so I called HO last week & they said there are issues with them & when they are resolved I'll get them!:confused:

pamperedlinda said:
Me too!

Hey Carolyn, I'm trying to make arrangements to come see my dad in 2 weeks. He lives in WPB - maybe we can get together for lunch? How far away is Kristi? Maybe she can meet too? I'll let you know when I finalize my plans.

I would LOVE to see you!!!
I am not sure how far Kristi is - she's north of WPB, I am south of WPB.

JAE said:
It doesn't say we can't continue to sell them. I just skimmed. Let me know if I'm wrong. They'll just be on BO?

That's the impression I get.

dannyzmom said:
I would LOVE to see you!!!
I am not sure how far Kristi is - she's north of WPB, I am south of WPB.

When I make my plans, I'll call ya and we can figure out something. DH & DS are going to the Reno Air Races and then to CO to visit MIL. I really need to visit my dad, but I'd so love to stay home alone!

So lets just assume that if you don't live in California you are allowed to sell the plates/server and spreaders. (or are the spreaders still a no-go?) If we are allowed to sell these then the only products we have all determined as something not to sell would be the dots wine glasses, or at least until they fix the disappearing dots issues. We can sell the glasses, but we just don't want to, right?

Spreaders are a no-sell, as far as I know.Hopefully, HO will include specifics in the NewsWire tomorrow.

I gathered from the first part of the message from HO that the Holiday Spreader, Holiday Serving Plate and Holiday Appetizer Plates are on do not sell.

I have news to share with you regarding three fall 2008 products, the Holiday Spreader (#2809), the Holiday Serving Plate (#2807) and the Holiday Appetizer Plates (#2808). Effective immediately, these products will be placed on “stop sell.” This means do not show or sell these products until further notice.

Oops- must have skimmed that part. Thanks!

I haven't used stickers b/c I hate to mess the catalogs up. Do they come off easy when u remove them?

jrstephens said:
I haven't used stickers b/c I hate to mess the catalogs up. Do they come off easy when u remove them?

Mine came off very easily.

I think the "case-by-case" idea is the best. Some people may not be even thinking of Holiday things yet and that way, it doesn't make it look bad...

I have been going back and forth on whether to put a sticker on the catalog or not!

Last season with the Sheet Pans, I had host's collecting outside orders with checks and I found myself writing checks back to the customers. Also, I had one host upset since I had to remove the sheet pans form outside orders and her show total was one level lower.

It really seemed to be a hassle.

So, I think I am stapling a strip of paper to the front of the catty. It is easy to attach to host packs as I go, since I am only stapling it to the upper right corner (I don't actually have to remove the entire catty from the host pack).

I really don't want to deal with this for outside orders and catty shows. I will not be attaching this to the cattys I hand out at shows - as I will address this issue at shows as it comes up.

Here is what I am attaching (cut into 3 strips).

Attachments

• Not Available Fall08.doc
    85 KB · Views: 343
Thank you, Kathleen. I just jumped on CS really quickly to see if I could find something like this to include in my host packs. I appreciate it!

I must have missed this in an email somewhere...how do we get the "Not available" stickers? :confused:

Bumping up. Help. :confused: :blushing:

If they're available (and I can't recall right now if any of the notes from HO mentioned them), they'll be in PP/P3 with the supply order stuff, as a free item.

I believe that we can order them on our paperwork supply and if you are using PP3 then they should have it updated already and you can just order it. Just do a search, and it should be there, that's what I would do!

chefann said:
If they're available (and I can't recall right now if any of the notes from HO mentioned them), they'll be in PP/P3 with the supply order stuff, as a free item.

we were typing at the same time! Yeah, what Ann says!;)

Does anyone know how many stickers you get? If I order 1 thing of stickers will that cover 25 catalogs, or 10 catalogs?

there's 50 on a sheet

Is it just the Holiday Spreaders that are on Stop Sell?

The plates and platter are okay now?

I can't find that last update email I got on these items.

Thanks,
Kim in MD

if I'm remembering right, it's just the holiday spreaders that are on the stop sell.

The plates and platter aren't available until October 1 (tomorrow). Orders have to be DATED 10/1 or later, so you can't just hold an order from September to submit tomorrow.

Related to Discover Unique Sticker Placements with Our Holiday Spreaders

1. Where am I supposed to stick the holiday spreaders?

The holiday spreaders are designed to be used as decorative stickers for your baking or cooking tools, such as spatulas, spoons, or rolling pins. You can also use them to decorate gift tags, cards, or other holiday crafts. Be creative and have fun with them!

2. Are the holiday spreaders reusable?

No, the holiday spreaders are for one-time use only. Once they are applied to a surface, they cannot be removed and repositioned. However, they are easy to peel off and should not leave any residue on your tools or crafts.

3. Can I use the holiday spreaders on any type of surface?

Yes, the holiday spreaders are designed to adhere to a variety of surfaces, including plastic, metal, and paper. Just make sure the surface is clean and dry before applying the sticker. They are not recommended for use on fabrics or other textured surfaces.

4. How many holiday spreaders come in a pack?

The number of holiday spreaders in a pack may vary depending on the design. Generally, each pack contains 8-10 stickers. However, we also offer larger packs with more variety and quantity for those who want to use them for multiple purposes.

5. Can I use the holiday spreaders on food items?

Yes, the holiday spreaders are made with food-safe materials and can be used on food items. However, we recommend placing them on the handle or packaging of the food rather than directly on the edible portion. They are not recommended for use on hot surfaces or in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • jbachen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedpnina
  • Products and Tips
Replies