• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Answer Regarding Holiday Spreaders and Being Pregnant

In summary, Lindsay was concerned about the safety of her pregnancy and the quality of the Holiday Spreaders. The contact she had with the spreaders was low risk, but the handles could be dangerous if they deteriorated over time. The Pampered Chef Solution Center Representative was interested in Lindsay's feedback and has passed her concerns on to the appropriate area.
redsoxgirl
I knew it probbaly wasn't a big deal, but I still wanted to contact HO and ask about the lead and being pregnant. Here is our exchange:

Hi-

I appreciate the prompt email on these issues.

I do have one question/concern.

I am 5 months pregnant and have touched the handles of the spreaders quite a bit. I had to 2 do adjustments on them for shoddy paint jobs and handle construction. As you can imagine, I examined the 2nd set quite carefully and touched them for quite some time to see if they were defective (which they were).

Is this something I need to be concerned with???

On a side note, I think the spreaders looks pretty cheesy and am not real excited about showing them to my customers. It looks like a very un-artistic 3 year old made them! The quality (or lack there of) of these products is not something I would expect from Pampered Chef.

I look forward to your prompt reply regarding the lead issues.
Lindsay

------------------------

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Home Office. We understand your concerns regarding the contact you have had with your Holiday Spreaders. The chance of your health being at risk from this contact is low. The handles of the spreader are sealed with polyurethane. Exposure to the paint used in the product could occur if the seal encasing the handle deteriorates with continued use over time and you were to ingest any paint that transferred onto your hands.

In regards to the quality of this item, we are always interested in hearing your feedback and have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate area.

Solution Center Representative

interesting...i hope you feel comfortable with the response you received.

yeah... mostly...
I just won't be touching the ones I have again! LOL

1. Can I use the holiday spreaders while pregnant?

Yes, our holiday spreaders are safe to use while pregnant as they are made with food-grade materials and do not contain any harmful chemicals. However, we always recommend consulting with your doctor before using any products during pregnancy.

2. Are the holiday spreaders dishwasher safe?

Yes, our holiday spreaders are dishwasher safe. Simply place them in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing them for longer durability.

3. Are the holiday spreaders heat resistant?

Our holiday spreaders are not designed to withstand high heat or be used for cooking. They are primarily used for spreading and serving food. We do not recommend using them in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop.

4. Are the holiday spreaders suitable for all types of spreads?

Yes, our holiday spreaders are versatile and can be used for a variety of spreads such as butter, jam, cream cheese, and more. They are also great for serving dips, sauces, and condiments.

5. Do the holiday spreaders come in a set or individually?

Our holiday spreaders are sold individually, but we also offer sets for a discounted price. Check our website or catalog for current holiday spreader sets available. They also make great gifts for the holiday season!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefruthie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • peichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • kkimpinski