• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility of the Usg: Slicing Onions with Ease

In summary, The USG was just redesigned and comes out in the fall selling season. It is nice because you can leave the skin on the onion and slice.
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
yes-seems like a funky question...but can you/have you sliced onions with it?

Yes! I do them for hamburgers!;)

thank you!
I have barely used mine and am passing it on to a friend-and I didn't want to go in and test it out to try and find out! :p

You're welcome Jessica, they come out perfect using the V shaped blade! Don't forget to tell her to use the food holder!;)

I use my US&G mostly in the summer when grilling, to cut my tomatoes, pickles and onions

Onions are great with the USG. My SIL just sliced some, separated them, floured them and fried up some great onion rings last week! A few days later my brother was advertising for me by telling friends about it. I even sold one to his daughter after that. I did tell her about the redesign, but she wanted to get it now and not pay the extra $14.50 for it, too.

Jeanie Gay

What is nice about slicing onions on the USG, you can leave the skin on the onion and slice. The skin comes off easy. :) I tell my guest that and they LOVE the idea!
Colleen

I use it and love it for tomatoes, onions, and cukes. I only really use the v-blade. My director told me that you can use it for lettuce or cabbage, too. I tried it with a hunk of iceberg lettuce and it didn't work so great. Any ideas? I think it's a great tool, but I don't think I use it as much as I should/could.

pcjeanie said:
Onions are great with the USG. My SIL just sliced some, separated them, floured them and fried up some great onion rings last week! A few days later my brother was advertising for me by telling friends about it. I even sold one to his daughter after that. I did tell her about the redesign, but she wanted to get it now and not pay the extra $14.50 for it, too.

Jeanie Gay
When did they redesign the USG? I had one that was defective years ago before I was a consultant and just got my money back instead of replacing it...what is the redesign

They just barely came out with the new design it will be in the fall selling season

1. How can I slice onions with ease using the Pampered Chef Usg?

The Pampered Chef Usg is designed with a sharp, serrated blade that easily cuts through onions without squishing or tearing them. It also has a comfortable grip for better control while slicing.

2. Is it safe to use the Pampered Chef Usg for slicing onions?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Usg is designed with safety in mind. The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel and has a protective cover for safe storage. Just be sure to always use caution when handling sharp objects.

3. Can I adjust the thickness of the onion slices with the Pampered Chef Usg?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Usg has an adjustable blade that allows you to control the thickness of your onion slices. Simply twist the dial on the side to make your desired adjustments.

4. What other foods can I slice with the Pampered Chef Usg?

The Pampered Chef Usg is versatile and can be used to slice a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, and more. It can also be used for slicing bread or soft meats.

5. How do I clean and maintain my Pampered Chef Usg?

To clean your Pampered Chef Usg, simply hand wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. It is also recommended to occasionally oil the blade and store it in a dry place to maintain its sharpness and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • siderits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies