• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing APampered ChefS Thick & Thin Slicing Rods - Questions Answered

In summary, the main difference between the thick and thin slicing rods is the thickness of the slices they produce. Both rods can be used on the same product, and they come as a set with the Pampered Chef Mandoline Slicer. They are also dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. The thickness of the slices can be adjusted by changing the angle of the slicing rods.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I have a quick question. I know that the old APCS made pretty thin slices, which is why they used to sell the "thick slice" rod. How does the current one compare? Is is more like the thick or the thin rod?

Thanks!

I got one of these a long time ago and I have to say I hate it. The apples need to be perfectly round and the perfect firmness to work. Blah....

The thin rod is sold with it now. You can still put the older thick rods in those models.They can also be used for potatoes and other things. I find it a useful tool when I use it.

It doesn't work well with all types of apples - some are just too soft generally to work well (like Johnagold). But firm apples work well.

So, next question. Does anyone have an extra thick rod they want to get rid of? :)

And, how many of you prefer the thick rod for "everyday" slicing, like for pies or applesauce. I had heard about needing to use firm apples, so that is fine.

What is the difference between the thick and thin slicing rods?

The main difference between the thick and thin slicing rods is the thickness of the slices they produce. The thick slicing rod creates slices that are approximately 1/4 inch thick, while the thin slicing rod creates slices that are approximately 1/8 inch thick.

Can I use both slicing rods on the same product?

Yes, you can use both the thick and thin slicing rods on the same product. This allows you to create a variety of thicknesses for different recipes or preferences.

Do I need to purchase the slicing rods separately?

No, the thick and thin slicing rods come as a set and are included in the purchase of the Pampered Chef Mandoline Slicer. They are also compatible with other Pampered Chef Slicer models.

Are the slicing rods dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the thick and thin slicing rods are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results.

Can I adjust the thickness of the slices with the slicing rods?

Yes, you can adjust the thickness of the slices by changing the angle of the slicing rods. The steeper the angle, the thinner the slices will be, and the flatter the angle, the thicker the slices will be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcaroline
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chefcaroline
  • PChefRenee
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies