• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Delicious World of Good Eats with Alton Brown | Goodeatsfanpage.com

In summary, Alton Brown is a popularcook who has his own show. He is funny and educational, and can be quite entertaining to watch.
genburk
Silver Member
I know we have a few fans of Alton Brown, but if we try to find the threads about him, they all start with another cooks name, so I thought he deserved his own thread.

If you haven't seen Good Eats, it is a great show to watch. He adds all kinds of tips, science, and fun to his shows.

For example, he has a show where his 'sister' wants him to make chocolate chip cookies. He makes the thin cookie, the cake-like cookie, and the moist and chewy cookie. He tells how changing the ingredients a little will produce that particular kind of cookie. You could learn all kinds of things about cooking science from him.

You can get a transcript of all his shows and lots of information about his show from

www.goodeatsfanpage.com

Now you can spend the next hour or two (or three) reading that web site.:eek:

Last edited:
I watch Good Eats with my husband. My husband LOVES good eats, he is all the time going around quoting Alton Brown in the kitchen. I don't think he has missed an episode. He is also the co host of Iron Chef America. Not so sure I like the beard!

I love Alton Brown! I think it's a show that many men enjoy too, since he is so "science based" in his explanations. I really think he's funny a lot of the time, too!

once you go to that website...i don't see transcripts...
yep...i'm internet surfing challenged!!!!

help please!
I don't have FN! ! ! !

As I stated in the Paula Dean thread, Good Eats and Alton Brown is what got me addicted to FN!!!! I love Alton Brown! My husband use to hate FN until Good Eats now I catch him turning on FN! He also likes Iron Chef America, cause Alton is the "host, narator" whichever, and he's so darn funny!
I could sit with a notebook in front of Good Eats and take notes forever, he is very educational and entertaining!
I think I'm going to add him to my DVR series recordings and then I'd never miss an episode!
I love FN! By the way, did you know that we can write off our cable bill because of Food Network?! Well you can, and I do!:) :D ;)

MissChef said:
I love FN! By the way, did you know that we can write off our cable bill because of Food Network?! Well you can, and I do!:) :D ;)

Really? A portion of it or all of it????

Part of the reason GE is so entertaining is that AB was a cinematographer in his previous career. So he knows all the tricks to making things interesting using camera work.

GE is the only FN show my DH will watch, too. Whenever I have another one on (well, except for the competitions), he just asks me, "When are you going to cook that?" But there's enough other learning on GE that it keeps him interested.

My goal is to make my PC shows as interesting and fun to watch as GE.

I LOVE GOOD EATS! I have all of the DVDs that have been released and am teaching a Science of Cooking for Kids Summer Day Camp this year through our Parks and Rec - I have based it on Good Eats and they even gave me the rights to show any of the DVDs I personally bought!!!

janetupnorth said:
Really? A portion of it or all of it????
I write off the whole kit & kaboole! Is that how you spell that?!:eek: :confused: :p ;) :D I watch every cooking thing on tv that you could imagine! :rolleyes:

Since I'm the one who originally hijacked the Paula Deen thread talking about AB & GE....I have to say that I LOVE AB! You should see my family when he is on - All three of us, DH, DS (almost 3 yrs) and myself, all lined up on the couch - watching a Cooking Show! Does my heart good!:D
I'm with you Ann - my goal is to be as much fun at my shows as he is on GE!And Janet - have you been able to catch an episode yet? After all this talk aren't you really curious about GE?

ChefNic said:
once you go to that website...i don't see transcripts...
yep...i'm internet surfing challenged!!!!

help please!
I don't have FN! ! ! !

For the transcripts, click on 'title' under the heading of 'episode index'. It will bring up all the names of the shows in alphabetical order. When you click on the title of a show, it brings up a box with all the info for that show. About the 3rd line down, it has the link for the transcript.

ChefBeckyD said:
Since I'm the one who originally hijacked the Paula Deen thread talking about AB & GE....I have to say that I LOVE AB! You should see my family when he is on - All three of us, DH, DS (almost 3 yrs) and myself, all lined up on the couch - watching a Cooking Show! Does my heart good!:D
I'm with you Ann - my goal is to be as much fun at my shows as he is on GE!

And Janet - have you been able to catch an episode yet? After all this talk aren't you really curious about GE?

I have also been known to hijack a few threads about Good Eats. At least on this thread, we fans can go back and find it so much easier. I can never remember which ones I added thoughts to. Of course, the next thread will have a different heading also, so I won't be able to find it either. but oh well.........

He is still great to watch...:)

Food Network is showing the "Behind Good Eats" special this Saturday, May 12! Set your VCR/DVR's! :D

Score! Thanks for the heads up on this one!

I have to say when I get married I think I am going to have to register for the GE dvds from Target... I definitely can't justify the money myself, but if I get it for a gift that's a whole 'nother story :)

Good Eat's Party at Gourmet Girl's house!!
I just love Alton. :) Not in a Johnny Depp way, but it's love baby!

I'll start DVRing them now or just adding one dvd a month to my target orders and then, maybe at leadership in 08 we can have a huge marathon before conference!

Woo hoo!!! I'm so down with that.

You bring the DVD's and I'll bring my lap top so we can watch them. Meet you in the hotel lounge!! :)

Maybe we should ask him to be a speaker - I know it's too late for this year, but we could wish for 2008

Conference's tagline this year IS "Live your dreams" - We are trying too.....

They could have a food science class - AB's way. :D

Do I hear a writing campaign starting?

I love to watch Alton! My husband bought several of his cookbooks for me.

By the way, his recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies is amazing. They are the only homemade cookies I make!

Lisa

Alison, how about if you consider them a business expense? I know that I am constantly on the lookout for tips and ideas to share at shows. Since our cooking magazines can be deducted, why not DVDs?

That's a good point, Rae. Actually, if you show parts of them at meetings for training (tips and ideas), then it makes it an even more legitimate expense.

Good point, Ann. We'll talk her into those DVDs yet!

You guys might be talking me into them :p

genburk said:
Maybe we should ask him to be a speaker - I know it's too late for this year, but we could wish for 2008

Conference's tagline this year IS "Live your dreams" - We are trying too.....

They could have a food science class - AB's way. :D

Do I hear a writing campaign starting?

Lucky ME!!!! When I was a personal chef, I belonged to the United States Personal Chef Association - and one year for our convention, Alton Brown WAS the guest speaker!!! He was awesome, and so very nice - not a stuck up celebrity chef type at all!

ChefBeckyD said:
Lucky ME!!!! When I was a personal chef, I belonged to the United States Personal Chef Association - and one year for our convention, Alton Brown WAS the guest speaker!!! He was awesome, and so very nice - not a stuck up celebrity chef type at all!

You are SO LUCKY !!

I love his show. Great information that can be used for any cooking.

He has some healthy recipes on the American Heart Assn's website now too!

Dang it Ann and Rae... I do have to go to target to return a top that I didn't like... I wonder if he has a grilling dvd that I could get... as it is my theme for the summer... Curse you, curse you all! :p :D :p

FN especially GE is the biggest reason I miss Cable. I't an extra expense we just can't just justify right now.

:(

GourmetGirl said:
Dang it Ann and Rae... I do have to go to target to return a top that I didn't like... I wonder if he has a grilling dvd that I could get... as it is my theme for the summer... Curse you, curse you all! :p :D :p

Bwaaa-haa-haa-haa-haa!

Maybe the GE DVDs needs to be budgeted in our CS conference expenses... then I can totally justify them as I'll get reimbursed for them (heck, reimbursed in drinks is just as good as money in my book! :) )

Now you're thinkin'!

Well thinkin does happen with me... not often, but when it does... d*mn I'm good ;)

For those who haven't seen it yet, the behind the eats special is on Food Network RIGHT NOW!!! It'll be over at 7:00 (Eastern), so grab the remote!!

So I was at Target tonight and Alton Brown DVDs were on sale for $9.99, so... I bought the Sweet Endings and More Sweet Endings (the only 2 they had left!). So we are now own for an Alton viewing party... 3 hours worth! woo-hoo! :)

OH! I'm comin' to your house for a party!

Hi All,

Just an update... I noticed that Good Eats is doing a new show tonight at 8pm and 3am about the relationship of a chef and their cutlery.

Thought it might be interesting. Just in case you want to tape it or watch it later. One of the first 2008 shows.

genburk said:
Hi All,

Just an update... I noticed that Good Eats is doing a new show tonight at 8pm and 3am about the relationship of a chef and their cutlery.

Thought it might be interesting. Just in case you want to tape it or watch it later. One of the first 2008 shows.

Thanks for telling us about this. I love Alton and just set the DVR.

Lisa

My husband has a man-crush on Alton. :rolleyes:

We watch him all the time and love him!

Since this thread's been resurrected, I have to chime in too! I never remember to watch GE these days (and no DVR) but I love him! My brother, a chef, recommended him to me when I told him I was watching cooking shows to learn to be a better cook.

I never catch it on TV, since Food Network moved it to 8:00. That's just not a good time for me. 7:00 was better.

Thanks for the heads-up on the cutlery episode. I'll have to remember to set the DVR. :)

Alton (and FN) is one of the major reasons I miss Cable!!!

I did manage to catch a few episones while were at my folks house over the holidays.

Thanks for this heads up! I'm sure he will have great info!

Alton BrownMy hubby loves Alton Brown too. He is so funny and creative in the ways he does his show. While I was on bedrest during my pregnancy I purchased Paula Deen DVD's and Alton Brown because I thought it would be neat to sit and watch them with hubby. He doesn't really care for Paula.

I love the way he incorporates all of these fictional characters into his shows, a sister, a nephew, church ladies angry at him for eating their casseroles..LOL He's so funny. He really has no sister, no nephew but he's so creative. I love that oriental lady who gets sarcastic with him when he goes shopping. I forgot the name of the store he shops at for kitchen stuff.

I have an episode about cheese and it's great. I love fondue. My kids watch his DVD's too, mostly my eleven year old son!! LOL

Debbie :chef:

W! The actress is actually his chiropractor! :D

Thanks for the heads up! I wrote myself a note to set the DVR when I go upstairs! I love Alton Brown!:chef: His show is the one that got my hubby to watch FN! He also thinks Paula's funny. He likes a lot of the Iron Chef America shows too probably because Alton, hosts it/moderates it, whatever... he does, he's on it! Keith(my hubby) is entertained by Emeril too! It's funny, he use to give me grief about FN when I first started watching it but now I catch him upstairs watching it even when I'm not up there! If Alton's on though, he usually will watch all of it, because he loves the education. My hubby's into learning and the science stuff that Alton teaches is right up my husband's alley!
Just a little FYI, I just learned from the Today show, that Gialda (sp?) is pregnant and due it April. She is not my favorite but she's okay and she looks cute pregnant.;)

Unique name!Giada De Laurentiis

I have never liked anything this person had cooked on her show. It looks ok but not something I would ever serve to guests. A friend of mine always jokes that it looks like her head is too big for her body. LOL

I will watch any cooking show. It's just something I am passionate about so even if I won't eat what they are cooking, I will watch it because I love cooking!!! WE don't have cable so I look at their stuff online.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Giada De Laurentiis

I have never liked anything this person had cooked on her show. It looks ok but not something I would ever serve to guests. A friend of mine always jokes that it looks like her head is too big for her body. LOL

I will watch any cooking show. It's just something I am passionate about so even if I won't eat what they are cooking, I will watch it because I love cooking!!! WE don't have cable so I look at their stuff online.

Debbie :D
How funny~!:D We don't like her a whole lot! She has grown on me over the years, I use to really not like her when I first started watching her because I really dislike how she over emphasizes her Italian words! Also, my hubby says, everytime he sees her, that he can tell by just looking at her that she is high maintenance! LOL! :D :p He said he could never be with a woman who acts like she's too good! Her show "Every Day Italian" is good but all the other shows she's on or appears on, that's when my hubby says that. And most of the time he's a good judge of character. I wonder if she will be such high maintenance when she has her baby and realizes that the world now needs to revolve around that baby and that it's not all about her?:confused: ;) :)

DebbieSAChef said:
A friend of mine always jokes that it looks like her head is too big for her body. LOL

We call her Lollipop Head :D

That's what happens when you're too skinny.

Never trust a skinny cook! :D

redsoxgirl said:
We call her Lollipop Head :D
my hubby has said this too! He also has said she looks like the cartoon characters that have big heads and small bodies!:D

<h2>1. What is Good Eats and who is Alton Brown?</h2><p>Good Eats is a cooking show that combines food science, humor, and entertainment. Alton Brown is the host and creator of the show, known for his quirky and informative approach to cooking.</p><h2>2. What can I expect to learn from Good Eats?</h2><p>Good Eats covers a wide range of topics, from basic cooking techniques to the science behind different ingredients and dishes. You can expect to learn new recipes, cooking tips and tricks, and gain a deeper understanding of the science behind cooking.</p> <h2>3. How does Alton Brown incorporate science into his cooking?</h2><p>Alton Brown uses a combination of humor, visual aids, and experiments to explain the science behind cooking. He breaks down complex concepts into easy-to-understand explanations, making learning about food science fun and accessible.</p><h2>4. Can I find transcripts and additional information about Good Eats?</h2><p>Yes, you can find transcripts of all Good Eats episodes and additional information about the show on the official fan page at goodeatsfanpage.com. This website is a great resource for fans of the show, as it contains in-depth information about each episode and behind-the-scenes details.</p><h2>5. How can I watch Good Eats?</h2><p>Good Eats is currently available for streaming on the Food Network website, as well as on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. You can also purchase individual episodes or full seasons on DVD or through digital platforms such as iTunes and Google Play.</p>

1. What is Good Eats and who is Alton Brown?

Good Eats is a cooking show that combines food science, humor, and entertainment. Alton Brown is the host and creator of the show, known for his quirky and informative approach to cooking.

2. What can I expect to learn from Good Eats?

Good Eats covers a wide range of topics, from basic cooking techniques to the science behind different ingredients and dishes. You can expect to learn new recipes, cooking tips and tricks, and gain a deeper understanding of the science behind cooking.

3. How does Alton Brown incorporate science into his cooking?

Alton Brown uses a combination of humor, visual aids, and experiments to explain the science behind cooking. He breaks down complex concepts into easy-to-understand explanations, making learning about food science fun and accessible.

4. Can I find transcripts and additional information about Good Eats?

Yes, you can find transcripts of all Good Eats episodes and additional information about the show on the official fan page at goodeatsfanpage.com. This website is a great resource for fans of the show, as it contains in-depth information about each episode and behind-the-scenes details.

5. How can I watch Good Eats?

Good Eats is currently available for streaming on the Food Network website, as well as on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. You can also purchase individual episodes or full seasons on DVD or through digital platforms such as iTunes and Google Play.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies