• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Benefits of a Salad & Berry Spinner - Is It Worth the Price?

In summary, the salad spinner is $50 and it comes with a lid to store the salad in the fridge and a brake to stop the spinning. It is dishwasher safe.
DebbieSAChef
Ok who owns this or one like it? Can you tell me what it's for? I mean $50.00 for a salad spinner?? It pulls water from the salad or berries, is that all?

I need to know what are some highlights to give to my guests about this product. It seems very steep to me. Is it worth it?

Debbie :D

Don't have one - but are these not available until May 1st?

I heard supposedly...that ours has a brake on is so you can stop it. Plus the 2 different bowls, one for salad one for berriers and it comes with a lid to store the salad in the fridge with i believe. I could be speaking out of turn though, but that is what I have heard. I hth. I am kinda irked cause I seriously JUST bought one from TW. LOL Oh well....

Most salad spinners do not have a berry bowl. I love the salad spinner that I have now. It is OXO brand. removing the liquid from salad helps the salad to keep longer. I like to take bagged salad and put it through the salad spinner and then put it in a ziplock bag and squeeze the air out of it and then put a couple of paper towels on each side of the salad inside the ziplock. I can keep salad up to two weeks with this method:)

We can all earn it by having $1250 submitted between March 16th and April 20. At this point none of us have it.

I played with it ALOT at Leadership! I LOVE IT!! I cannot wait to have it in my home. No, to most guests they won't see the "special" in it. However, you've got to use it and play with it yourself. I guarantee you'll love it too!

It is like the Salad Scissors for me. I did not think I would like those things. I haven't even unwrapped mine. However, I was put in charge of discussing the new products at our meeting last night. We had raw carrots in a bowl with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. Those babies went right through the carrot like it was nothing! Using them will MAKE you love them!

KimberleePowell said:
Most salad spinners do not have a berry bowl. I love the salad spinner that I have now. It is OXO brand. removing the liquid from salad helps the salad to keep longer. I like to take bagged salad and put it through the salad spinner and then put it in a ziplock bag and squeeze the air out of it and then put a couple of paper towels on each side of the salad inside the ziplock. I can keep salad up to two weeks with this method:)

I have OXO as well, and it has the same brake..and you can get an additional accessory kit that has a lid and berry bowl set...I paid about $24 for mine...I think that our price is steep.... My OXO works well, but it is one of those things that I got because someone told me how much they love theirs...and now mine sits in the cabinet and is more of a hassle for me to get it out, etc...

I like the fact that (at least from the pictures) you can use the bowl to serve the salad. Most of the salad spinners I've seen have ugly plastic bowls. I can see using the bowl for more than just the salad. I do agree, though, that the price seems a bit steep.

For $50 I was hoping that the bowl would be glass for serving, but it's just really nice acrylic. They mentioned onstage at Leadership that it spins faster than most other spinners on the market, so it will remove more water.

Anyone remember if it is Dishwasher safe? I too have the OXO one for years and I use it everyday, but it got put in the DW and now spins a little funny. Thanks!

So, if the bowl is acrylic and we use the salad choppers in it, do you think the bowl will get all scratched and look bad to serve in? That's what I am afraid of.

sillylittlechef said:
So, if the bowl is acrylic and we use the salad choppers in it, do you think the bowl will get all scratched and look bad to serve in? That's what I am afraid of.
And I would not put an acrylic bowl in my dishwasher. I have had to replace the clear collar on my chopper because of how bad it looked after putting it in the dishwasher several times (I still put the rest of it in the dishwasher though). Washing it by hand keeps it much nicer.

sillylittlechef said:

Yes, I would assume it would get all scratched up...

I think the price is steep too. I'm going to use that to encourage ppl to get it free or 1/2 price for booking :)

it spins 13 1/2 miles per hour. I saw it at leadership and it is really nice.

I don't think it would get scratched up from the Salad Scissors. The scissors are curved and the blades never scrape the bowl. Have you practiced using the scissors yet? Give it a whirl!!

BethCooks4U said:
And I would not put an acrylic bowl in my dishwasher. I have had to replace the clear collar on my chopper because of how bad it looked after putting it in the dishwasher several times (I still put the rest of it in the dishwasher though). Washing it by hand keeps it much nicer.
Is that why mine looks all foggy now? Here I thought it was just everyday use!

heat123 said:
Is that why mine looks all foggy now? Here I thought it was just everyday use!
Nope-it's the dishwasher. DW detergent is very abrasive, as is water under pressure. You've got both of those in a DW, which causes little scratches in glass and plastics. Which is why glasses and tools start to look foggy after a while.

I never knew that Ann! Thanks for the info, here I kept washing my Easy Reads in the dishwasher, because I thought I wasn't getting them pretty enough by hand, and they come out even worse from the dishwasher... you learn something new everyday!

I can't wait to get this new product since I don't own a salad spinner; however, I agree $50 is a lot of money! I don't think I would spend that on it if I went to a show.

I agree w/the DW problems. I hand wash most of my products because I want them to stay looking nice for my shows. We have hard water here besides which can leave a residue on our dishes.

You are getting several products in one, though. Not only like you guys mentioned with the serving bowl but the collanders as well. I grow herbs, and it is a PAIN to wash them because they are so delicate. rinse in a collander then leave to air dry (which means I can't use them right away or towel dry by hand- ugh) The berry basket will be perfect for them!!

1. How does the Salad & Berry Spinner work?

The Salad & Berry Spinner is a simple and easy-to-use tool that helps you quickly and efficiently wash and dry your greens and berries. Simply place your greens or berries in the basket, attach the lid, and spin the handle to remove excess water.

2. Is the Salad & Berry Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad & Berry Spinner is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the lid and spinner basket to ensure they last longer.

3. Can I use the Salad & Berry Spinner for other types of produce?

While the Salad & Berry Spinner is specifically designed for greens and berries, you can also use it to wash and dry other types of produce such as herbs, cherry tomatoes, and grapes.

4. How do I clean and maintain the Salad & Berry Spinner?

To clean, simply wash the lid and spinner basket with warm soapy water after each use. To maintain the spinner, make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. You can also remove the spinner basket and clean it with a small brush if needed.

5. Can I use the Salad & Berry Spinner to store my greens in the fridge?

No, the Salad & Berry Spinner is not designed for storing produce. We recommend transferring your greens to a separate container or bag for storage in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • bsaxman
  • Products and Tips
Replies