• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad/ Berry Spinner.... Whats It Good For?

In summary, the Salad and Berry Spinner is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for more than just spinning salads and berries. It can also be used to spin delicate laundry, such as bathing suits and bras, and to spin pasta for salads. The baskets can also be used as colanders, and the bowl can be used to serve salad or cover food at a picnic. It can even be used to dry off black beans and corn for a southwestern salad, dry herbs to make them easier to chop, and spin any vegetables that have been washed for a salad. Other creative uses include using it to dry off frozen spinach for spinach dip, entertaining kids by letting them spin vegetables for soups, and using it as a popcorn bowl or cake
bsaxman
Silver Member
My grandmother just ordered one... NOW she asks what it does! :cry: I don't own one... I know it spins salads and berries... (duh) but anyone else got any useful tips or uses for this product?

Thanks

Brandi :chef:

People have used it to spin delicate laundry like bathing suits and bras. Others use it to spin pasta for salads.

Use the baskets as colanders. Serve salad in the bowl. Use the baskets to cover food at a picnic to keeps flies away.

or...sit it on your shelf down in the basement and forget to use it! :eek: (OK, I may be speaking from experience here!) LOL

Just kidding...I heard the spinning pasta out on an Alton Brown show...that would be very cool so your dressing doesn't get watered down!

Spin dry black beans and corn for a southwestern salad.
Spin dry herbs (makes them easier to chop)
I love to spin dry pasta with it!
Spin any vegetables you have washed and want to put in a salad.

I make the Tex Mex Chicken Skillet a lot and they want you to dry off the Mexican Style Corn with paper towels. I spin it in the Salad and Berry Spinner.

I have one that I have only used to try it out a few times. If anyone is interested..............................let me know.

I agree with Kelly that a good use for it is to put it on a shelf and forget about it!!!!:eek: :D :blushing:

I use mine a lot. I buy fresh red leaf lettuce and spinach. I wash it all at once and spin & break, and spin & break, and spin & break, and spin....... I do this about every 4 or 5 days. Works great for herbs, too.

Last edited:
Do you think it would work w/ frozen spinach?

That's a nice thought. Wouldn't the spinach just get stuck in the openings?

ChefBeckyD said:
I love to spin dry pasta with it!

Oh my, it is getting late...I read this and thought...
"Why is Becky spinning dry pasta with this except to entertain Micah..."
They I realized...oh, she meant spin dry pasta.

It works great with frozen spinach!!! That was my ah ah moment cuz i don't make many salads. But I love spinach dip and absolutely HATE to drain it..someone suggested using the spinner and it's awesome!
I made spinach dip at show and the host forgot to thaw and drain the spinach, so i asked if she had the spinner and she did. I told her to use it and she was impressed too. Works like a charm!

I'm gonna attempt to combine all these handy things and email them to my grammy :) Thanks everyone for the comments and keep em coming. I wont send the email till sat just in case !!!!

Thanks

Brandi :chef:

janetupnorth said:
Oh my, it is getting late...I read this and thought...
"Why is Becky spinning dry pasta with this except to entertain Micah..."
They I realized...oh, she meant spin dry pasta.

Not too far off the mark though! Micah LOVES to spin things for me, so sometimes I let him spin stuff I wouldn't normally bother spinning - like veggies I am chopping up for soups, etc....Keeps him happy and it's teaching him to help in the kitchen!:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
Not too far off the mark though! Micah LOVES to spin things for me, so sometimes I let him spin stuff I wouldn't normally bother spinning - like veggies I am chopping up for soups, etc....Keeps him happy and it's teaching him to help in the kitchen!:chef:

Becky,
Max is always using my spinner and other kitchen gadgets to entertain himself. It keeps him happy and me happy so I just let him play/cook away!!!

PCSarahjm said:
[/B]

Becky,
Max is always using my spinner and other kitchen gadgets to entertain himself. It keeps him happy and me happy so I just let him play/cook away!!!
Is Max 3.5 too?:D

One tip I always share at shows:If you have a hamster or gerbil, it makes a handy little carnival ride. If you notice that he's getting motion sick, you can stop it immediately with the brake. If you're too late, it's dishwasher safe. :)That always gets a huge laugh and a few eewwwwws.

I start off by telling people that you can use it as a berry and salad spinner like it says, then I pull it apart. I tell them you can use the colendars as well... colendars. Then with the bowl I tell them that it can be the world's biggest popcorn bowl (works great with a movie theather in town that lets you bring your own bowl on Tuesdays), works great for a cake cover (for cakes made in the fluted pan) and that my friend told me it makes the best ice cream bowl when she was pregnant! I also tell them that it makes the best bra spinner. That always gets looks! All you do is a little warm water and woolite in the bowl, rinse and spin to dry. But then I make sure to tell them that I haven't used mine to do this so they don't have to worry if I used it to make the recipe!

I really like my salad spinner. I suppose it's more for the healthy families who enjoy salads (spinning washed lettuce is wonderful), fresh berries, and I believe we've done other things like our grapes in there (our children LOVE fresh grapes).

I've found that the slots in the collanders are too far apart to drain my spaghetti, though. It goes right through the cracks and down the sink. Thankfully I didn't get rid of my spaghetti collander before discovering this. :)

I was wondering why you would spin "dry pasta" as well. I thought maybe you were spining the dry pasta in water to infuse it or something. My brain works quickly to make up explinations for things that I don't know the answer to. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is not.

fikibiff said:
I was wondering why you would spin "dry pasta" as well. I thought maybe you were spining the dry pasta in water to infuse it or something. My brain works quickly to make up explinations for things that I don't know the answer to. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is not.

I have a wonderful new use for the spinner! When I have leftover muffins, cookies, or quick bread, the cover is large enough to fit over most plates - Instantly you have a beautiful diner-like baked goods cover! I really want a cake plate with a cover ~ this has kept me from buying one (I'm hoping PC will come out with one). It's a good seal onto your counter.

Use #2 - I have used it as a collander for large amounts of pasta (when my other collander is dirty). Just hold on with a potholder and pour it in. It's deep enough not to lose any.

I use the spinner/lid combo for washing fruit & veggies. Spray the veggie wash into the bowl, put fruit in, cover with water and swish around. Then pour into callander part and rinse with fresh water. Up to you if you want to "dry" them - but I put them back into the big bowl as a holding place while I slice and chop other pieces.

I have used the bowl for salad, popcorn. It's a nice sized bowl - like that it's not glass.

Related to Salad/ Berry Spinner.... Whats It Good For?

What is a Salad/Berry Spinner and how does it work?

A Salad/Berry Spinner is a kitchen tool used to clean and dry salad greens, berries, and other fruits and vegetables. It consists of a large bowl with a removable basket inside and a lid with a spinning mechanism. To use, simply place the greens or berries inside the basket, close the lid, and spin the handle to remove excess water.

Can the Salad/Berry Spinner be used to dry other types of produce?

Yes, the Salad/Berry Spinner can be used to dry a variety of produce such as herbs, beans, and cherry tomatoes. It is not recommended to use the spinner for delicate fruits like raspberries or blackberries, as they may get crushed during the spinning process.

How do I clean the Salad/Berry Spinner?

The Salad/Berry Spinner can be easily cleaned by disassembling the parts and washing them with warm soapy water. The basket and lid are also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

Can the Salad/Berry Spinner be used for hot foods?

No, the Salad/Berry Spinner is not designed to be used with hot foods. It is recommended to only use it for cleaning and drying cold produce.

What are the benefits of using a Salad/Berry Spinner?

Using a Salad/Berry Spinner helps to remove excess water from produce, which can improve the texture and flavor of your salad or fruit dish. It also helps to extend the shelf-life of your produce by removing excess moisture that can cause them to spoil faster. Additionally, using a spinner is more efficient and less messy than hand-drying produce with a towel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Tanya423
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • babywings76