• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Sauteed Halibut Recipe with Citrus-Basil Sauce | Hooked on Fish Cards

In summary, to prepare the halibut for this recipe, make sure it is thawed completely and pat it dry. Then season it with salt and pepper. Different types of firm white fish, such as cod or tilapia, can be used for this recipe but adjust the cooking time accordingly. Fresh citrus juice is recommended for the sauce, but bottled juice can also be used. The sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When cooking the halibut, it should be opaque and flaky, or reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Anybody have the hooked on fish cards? I need the recipe for Sauteed Halibut with Citris-Basil Sauce for dinner tonight. I cannot find my cards. I think I left them at a host's house.

Thank you!!

I am making something else. Nobody else has these cards? The recipes are good you should try them.

I did have them but have never tried any of the recipes. Ended up giving it to my mom as a hostess thank-you gift. Maybe I should really try some of the recipes??

Recipe for Sauteed Halibut with Citrus-Basil SauceSautéed Halibut with Citrus-Basil Sauce

1 lemon
1 orange
1 pink grapefruit
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup light corn syrup
2 halibut fillets (6 oz each) about 1 inch thick
1 ½ tsp pantry citrus & basil rub
1 tbsp pantry basil oil or olive oil
1 tbsp snipped fresh basil leaves

1. Zest lemon and orange to measure 1 tsp zest from each; set zest aside. Juice entire lemon. Cut orange and grapefruit into segments; set aside. In 8 inch sauté pan, simmer lemon juice, onion and salt over medium heat about 4-5 minutes or until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Stir in corn syrup; set aside.

2. Sprinkle halibut fillets with citrus rub. Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Place fillets in skillet; cook 8-10 minutes or until halibut flakes easily with a fork, carefully turning once. Remove fillets from skillet; serve with orange and grapefruit. Add orange and lemon zest and basil to sauce; spoon over halibut.

Yield: 2 servings

Related to Discover Sauteed Halibut Recipe with Citrus-Basil Sauce | Hooked on Fish Cards

1. How do I prepare the halibut for this recipe?

To prepare the halibut, make sure it is thawed completely and pat it dry with a paper towel. Then season it with salt and pepper on both sides.

2. Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of firm white fish such as cod or tilapia for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I have to use fresh citrus juice for the sauce?

Fresh citrus juice is recommended for the best flavor, but you can also use bottled juice if needed.

4. Can I make the sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just reheat it before serving.

5. How do I know when the halibut is cooked through?

The halibut will be opaque and flaky when it is cooked through. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • ShellBeach