• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Legit Ways to Make Money Online: A Guide for Busy Parents

In summary, the conversation revolved around a couple struggling to make enough income with one of them having unstable work hours. They considered finding online jobs or selling items on websites such as eBay and Craigslist. Suggestions were made to look into transcriptionist jobs and check out websites such as Chacha.com and WAHM.com. There were also discussions about the difficulties and challenges of selling items online. Some individuals expressed interest in work-from-home opportunities and offered help and advice.
buckeyefan08
So DH and I are feeling the crunch, his hours are up and down and my shows are not enogh to make up the money. I called a daycare for the kids so that I could maybe go back to work. After finding out that daycare will be $320 A WEEK! :)cry::yuck::cry:) we realized that isn't really going to work. By the time we pay for that and gas I'll probably be loosing money ever week not making it.
Is there anything legit on-line that I could do to bring in some money? I thought maybe some of you internet savvy people could help.
Thanks!

Promote your website to your email contacts. We are not allowed to sell PC online or to give a link to our webpage online. Sorry.

Good luck!!

pampered.chris said:
Promote your website to your email contacts. We are not allowed to sell PC online or to give a link to our webpage online. Sorry.

Good luck!!

She's looking for other online jobs.

oops!! Sorry!! Blond moment!!

How good a typist are you? There are local offices that handle depositions for court cases that are looking for transcriptionists. I'm sure there are similar offices in your area. You'd get tapes of the depositions and type them out. You usually can work as much or little as you want, and can do it when the kids are napping or in bed.

Can you book more shows? you already have a job that you know how to do--you are a PC consultant! Chacha.com is a good one. If you join, you can use me as a referral- [email protected]. Do you have stuff you can sell on Ebay or Craigslist?

chefann said:
How good a typist are you? There are local offices that handle depositions for court cases that are looking for transcriptionists. I'm sure there are similar offices in your area. You'd get tapes of the depositions and type them out. You usually can work as much or little as you want, and can do it when the kids are napping or in bed.

medical transcriptionists as well ...
my mom did transcribing when we were kids. she liked it because she got to stay home with us but still make an income.

How do I find out how to get into transcribing? I can type most of the time! LOL! Plus my oldest DD is starting Kindergarten so she will be gone all day and the baby sleeps a lot. I could definetly find time to do that.
Where do I start?

dont know how close you are to akron. but i think looking on craiglist is a good start...

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/hea/803084520.html

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ofc/791587423.html

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/ofc/791521571.html

Thanks so much Meghan! Looks like I need to get on craiglist! I'll check them out!

Thanks I checked out craigslist for my area too! Seems my "age" is a problem around here....

Hmmmmm .... Are those part-time opportunities I could do in my spare time?I'm the only wage-earner in my household. Got depressed when I calculated my bills vs. my normal income and realized I had $3 to my name for food after gas, utilities and my house payment ... Tell you what, Lisa .... if it's more than either of us could handle maybe we could "job share!"

sell stuff on ebay :)

Just a warning ... it is easy to get burned doing that.

My roomate tried to do that and got hit with a huge amount of fees ... they charge for every listing, every picture, everything!

Craig's List is free, but everybody there thinks they're at a yard sale and everything should be cheap.

An EXCELLENT board that I spend my entire days on (in my free time other than here) is WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms. I landed my first work at home job here about 6 years ago and have worked from home since. I LOVE this board and you WILL find a job here from home.

You have to look around since there is so much but there is a huge list of jobs, companies hiring, other wahm's (work at home moms) etc.

If you have ANY questions or need help, let me know! I am a pro on the board!!

Hope this helps!
Ann

I am also looking to do something like this. With my DH work travel schedule, sometimes it is difficult to book more shows. (He will be gone 3 weeks in Nov.) However, I would love to have a little more income to pay off some debt. Please email me any info anyone may have on how to go about doing this. Thanks!

pamperedchef02 said:
An EXCELLENT board that I spend my entire days on (in my free time other than here) is WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms. I landed my first work at home job here about 6 years ago and have worked from home since. I LOVE this board and you WILL find a job here from home.

You have to look around since there is so much but there is a huge list of jobs, companies hiring, other wahm's (work at home moms) etc.

Hope this helps!
Ann

What is your work from home job??

Admin Greg said:
sell stuff on ebay :)

I love this idea!! You can charge $10 for a $1 item on there. That's where your profits are.

ragschef said:
I love this idea!! You can charge $10 for a $1 item on there. That's where your profits are.

That's assuming that you get people to actually bid on it. And you take into account all the fees eBay charges: listing fee based on starting price, fee for pictures, fee for bold/featured, final value fee, fee for buy it now, fee for longer time period... Plus PayPal fees to accept payments via credit card (it's against eBay policies to accept only funded PayPal, which can be accepted by the non-fee account).

I am wondering the same thing... What is your job, Ann?

As far as ebay goes, you just have to be aware. I've had very good luck getting rid of my random stuff on there.
My dad (who is retired) has made it his new hobby/job. He goes on craigslist and finds yard sales and buys stuff cheap, then he comes home and puts it on eBay. It's amazing what people sell at yard sales and even more amazing what people will buy on eBay.
I'm not saying it's the ideal way to go for a work from home job, but you can definitely make some money on there.

pamperedchef02 said:

Hope this helps!
Ann

Can you let us know your job you landed? I have checked this out and am still kind of leary that they are scams, so, I'd be very interested in finding out what it is you do.
Thanks much,

This WAHM site looks great. I answered an ad on Craigslist.com a few weeks ago. I got an email back today that the "jobs were filled" but if I would send $100 a month, they would help me earn "much more"! The lady's name is "Jana Murray" so stay away from that one!

I still can't figure it all out. I went to the WAHM website & even went to a few of the telecommute websites. Nothing has panned out yet. I can't find anything on craigslist or in the classifieds. I really don't want any calling, just data entry, typing jobs, etc. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

Related to Discover Legit Ways to Make Money Online: A Guide for Busy Parents

1. What makes this guide specifically helpful for busy parents?

This guide is tailored towards busy parents because it provides practical and time-efficient methods for making money online. It takes into account the limited time and flexibility that parents often have due to their family and work responsibilities.

2. Are the methods outlined in this guide legitimate?

Yes, all the methods mentioned in this guide are legitimate and have been proven to be effective by numerous parents who have used them. We have also personally vetted each method to ensure that they are reputable and trustworthy.

3. Do I need any specific skills or knowledge to implement the strategies in this guide?

No, you do not need any specific skills or knowledge to use the methods outlined in this guide. They are designed to be accessible to anyone, regardless of their background or experience. However, some methods may require basic computer skills.

4. Can I make a significant amount of money using these methods?

Yes, you can make a substantial income by using the strategies in this guide. The exact amount will vary depending on the effort and time you put into it, but many parents have been able to earn a full-time income or more by utilizing these methods.

5. Is this guide suitable for both stay-at-home and working parents?

Yes, this guide is suitable for both stay-at-home and working parents. The methods outlined can be adapted to fit around any schedule and can be done from the comfort of your own home. Whether you have a few hours a day or just a few minutes, there are options for everyone to make money online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • heather9892
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies
Views
candiejayne