• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Today I Find Out if I Still Have a Job...

In summary, my group of coworkers and I are all wondering what will happen today. Some are hopeful, while others are pessimistic. We are all preparing for the worst, but praying for the best.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
Earlier this week the company that I work for announced that they would be laying off 450 employees in North America. Today is the day they are doing it.

Both my BF and I work for the same company and he has a meeting at 9am with his upper manager. He thinks he will be okay, but we aren't sure. He does normally have a meeting every week with this manager, so it could just be routine, but it sure doesn't make the butterflies go away to know it is today.

In my group my supervisor thinks we will be alright in my group because there are BIG plans for more work for us after the 1st of the year. But that really doesn't mean anything either. This was a bit of a surprise for everyone.

BF and I are both paycheck to paycheck with no money in between. I will be Christmas shopping up until Christmas Eve so that the money "works". Between us we have 2 houses, 2 sets of bills, 3 cars (only 2 payments). I can barely make ends meet on my end and he can barely make them meet on his.
Please keep us in your prayers today that everything for us will be okay.

Thank you,

I know how you feel! DH and I both got laid off three years ago. We were in the same situation, both worked together. Luckily we had moved in together a few months before but it was also 4 months before our wedding. We were both able to get jobs right away! Good luck!

Wow! I'll be thinking about you. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Luck is on your side prayers your way.............................

I'll be praying for good news for you today, Chris!

I'm sure it'll all work out okay for you guys. I can understand how you must feel.

So sorry for your situation. They just laid off 33 yesterday at my husband's employer. It is not a huge company, so this is a substantial cut. He has been with them for a little over 8 years, so would probably survive one more cut like this and then be gone, too.

We have been preparing for this, so we would be ok for about 8 months without his job, but then all bets are off.

I know I am being selfish, but I don't want to go back to my old profession (oh, that sounds bad....I was actually a Respiratory Therapist).

Praying everyday that things will turn around for us all.

In the meantime, check out Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan. -- although we live well within our means and have been stashing away 15-25% of our income most months, he helped me to get finances under control and saved up so that we can weather this storm.....this too shall pass.

I'll be praying for you today Chris. Hope that all goes well and at the end of this day you can breathe a big sigh of relief.

Praying for you, too, Chris. Please keep us updated!

Chris - we'll be praying and I second Janice's advice! I was thinking the same thing.It takes some lifestyle/logic changes, but you can have control even in dire times. Hoping for the best for you - keep us posted!

Yes Chris will be praying for both of you.

Chris, having gone through the same things about a month ago, I completely understand what you are going through. I will keep you and BF in my prayer's.

Please let us know what happens.

Prayers on the way. What a terrible situation to be in.

Am keeping you guys in my prayers today. I also second Janice and Janet ref Dave Ramsey. We only read thru his program two months ago, but it's already been a huge eye opener for us.

UPDATE:Re: Today I find out if I still have a job...Update!!!! BF still has a job. His shift is changing again, but he still has a job. He may possibly work 3 13hour shifts...the entire weekend. We are hopeful that he can keep 3rd shift and just change to M-F, but he still has a job, so for that we are MOST thankful!!!!

Me-...I still don't know. I may not know until 4pm today. So I am just working my butt off and trying to keep positive!!

Thank you all for your prayers and advise. We are going to check out Dave Ramsey's site!! Thank you thank you thank you and keep em coming!!!

Hope it all works out!!

Hope all goes well for you this afternoon.

UPDATE!!!Today I find out if I still have a job...It isn't done for everyone in the company yet. But my group got the ALL CLEAR!!! None of us are losing our jobs!!! Hooray!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and wishes!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats what a relief!!!

congrats chris!

Whew, thanks for letting us know!

What a relief.. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow, I feel for the ones who were not so lucky. Powerful bad news.. life changing. We need to ALL pray daily for our country and the economic problems.

That is great news Chris :)

That is great news Chris!

Last edited:
Yeah!!!!! :d

Glad to hear it. I've been thinking about you all day : )

I'm so happy for both of you Chris!!! Enjoy your Christmas Season.

congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Oh wow, I'm SO happy for you!!!

So happy to hear it (although I'm sad for the others who found out they did lose their jobs). Congratulations and am glad you can breathe a little easier!

Thank you all for your prayers and congrats. It was so sad to see some of my friends from other groups leaving today. So sad. I tell you what, if there is ever a time for someone to realize just how God works, this would be how.
The one girl that left has been a friend of mine for over 15 years. Just last week she told me how depressed she was that she and her hubby found a house and put an offer on it only to have the sellers decide to take it off the market. Just last week!! Then today..she lost her job. HE knows what he is doing.
It was a huge relief to find out we were both okay.
Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts!! I so appreciate my extended virtual family!!

Glad to hear that it did work out for both of you.

Oh I just got on CS now and saw your thread - I feel horrible I didn't get to reach out for you today!!!!!!! I am so relieved it worked out Chris!!!!

Think maybe your and the BF might wanna combine some expenses???;)

So glad its all clear Chris -

Great to hear Chris!!

Re: UPDATE!!!Today I find out if I still have a job...
pampered.chris said:
It isn't done for everyone in the company yet. But my group got the ALL CLEAR!!! None of us are losing our jobs!!! Hooray!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and wishes!!!

Chris, I'm so happy for you! Our company just let both second shifts go this week for both facilities. We are down to one shift for each facility, with the understanding that they will complete the same amount of work that THREE shifts used to complete.

I'm doing the job of 3 people, my DH is doing the job of 2 people, the CFO is doubling as a trainer, and our Exec Asst. is doubling as the receptionist. DH has to fire another employee tomorrow- He's working at my company now and the pay they offered him is really low- but it's a job and we'll make due. :) Those who shall be last will be first- right? :)

I know the rest of us are safe, but it still stinks- I know all too well what it is like being unemployed- and so does DH. Thankfully we had money stashed away, 401K's that we could dig into- which was a tough decision to make, but when you'd prefer to keep your house, you do what you need to do.

God provided for us in Amazing ways! He is so wonderful that way!

Blessings to you, Ed and Britt! :)

That is great news Chris.
Funny Dor about combining expenses!

Related to Today I Find Out if I Still Have a Job...

1. "What are the chances of being laid off in this round of layoffs?"

The chances of being laid off in this round of layoffs are uncertain and will depend on the specific criteria and needs of the company. However, it is important to stay positive and prepare for all possible outcomes.

2. "What factors determine who will be laid off?"

The factors that determine who will be laid off can vary, but they typically include job performance, skills and qualifications, seniority, and the needs of the company. It is important to focus on your job performance and highlight your skills and qualifications to increase your chances of keeping your job.

3. "How will the layoff process be communicated to employees?"

The layoff process will likely be communicated through a meeting with a manager or HR representative, or through a written notice. It is important to attend any meetings or read any notices carefully and ask any questions you may have.

4. "What happens if I am laid off?"

If you are laid off, you may be eligible for severance pay and other benefits, depending on your company's policies. You should also inquire about any outplacement services offered by the company to assist you in finding a new job.

5. "What can I do to prepare for a potential layoff?"

To prepare for a potential layoff, you can update your resume and LinkedIn profile, network with colleagues and professionals in your industry, and start searching for new job opportunities. It is also important to review your finances and create a budget in case of a job loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • pchefinski
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • candiejayne