• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Job Corps: All You Need to Know from Real Experiences

In summary, Job Corps is a good place for teens to find jobs and training, and it is highly recommended.
nikked
Gold Member
Anyone familiar with Job Corps? What have you heard about it?

Thanks...

Nicole :)

nikked said:
Anyone familiar with Job Corps? What have you heard about it?

Thanks...

Nicole :)

Is that like Ameri-Corp?

Our old babysitter got a job through that, working at an Inner City Clinic, and when her time was up, the clinic she was working for hired her permanently. She had a really good experience - I know she loves her job.

And we lost the best babysitter, ever!:cry:

I have heard of it. There was a scandal in Knoxville, TN back many years ago where some of the workers killed another one...

On the positive side, it is a good place for teens to find jobs & training. You may want to google it to see where it is now and what is involved!

I refer a lot of misguided teens to them. Good program if you know someone who needs a little direction in life. They provide job readiness and training as well as education to get there GED if needed. I would highly recommend it.

Shed,

That's kind of the situation we're in with our teenager, Mary.

We're almost through the application process, and it seems like it's all a go for her to begin in January. Just was wondering what other's experiences have been with it. It's nice to hear that you actually recommend them!!!

Thanks...

An ex of mine from high school went through it before we dated, it set him straight for awhile, atleast until he hooked up with old friends of his and got right back to where he started.

We have a Job Corp. facility right in the town that I live in. As far as I know they are always filled to capacity and you always see articles and pictures in our newspaper for programs that the students have gone through and completed successfully (nursing, cooking, etc.). I have also known a few kids that have gone through the program and I know even more people who work there. I believe it is highly recommended. I know it can be on the strict side, but it has also turned troubled kids around.

Thanks everyone for the information.

1. What is Job Corps and how does it work?

Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people ages 16 through 24 learn a trade, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. This program is funded by the federal government and offers hands-on training in a variety of fields, as well as support for personal and professional development.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for Job Corps?

To be eligible for Job Corps, you must be between the ages of 16-24 and meet at least one of the following criteria: low-income, homeless, a foster child, a runaway, or have a disability. You must also be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and not currently on parole or probation.

3. What kind of training programs are available through Job Corps?

Job Corps offers over 100 different training programs in various industries, including healthcare, construction, hospitality, information technology, and more. These programs range from 8 to 24 months and provide hands-on training, classroom instruction, and on-the-job experience.

4. How long does it take to complete the Job Corps program?

The length of the program varies depending on the training program you choose. Most programs take between 8 to 12 months to complete, while some may take up to 24 months. The program also includes a 21-day orientation period where you will learn important life skills and prepare for your training.

5. What kind of support and resources are available for Job Corps students?

Job Corps provides a wide range of support services for students, including housing, meals, healthcare, transportation, and a living allowance. The program also offers career counseling, academic support, and job placement assistance to help students succeed in their chosen career paths.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • traci davis