• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Calorie-Free Snacks to Support Your Weight Loss Goals

In summary, if you are trying to cut down on your calorie intake, you can snack on vegetables, nuts, or Weight Watcher cookies.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I am trying to cut down on my calorie intake this year! I am a teacher and love to snack during the day. What can I snack on all day and not gain any weight??? Am I dreaming?:angel:

Raw veggies like carrots, make sure to drink plenty of water it will help you cut down snacking.

There are lots of fat free snacks but just about everything has atleast a few calories.

You can get some of the Weight Watcher or South Beach Diet snacks or even the 100 calorie snacks, but other than vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, etc), I don't know of any "calorie free" things. If you are a daily snacker, you would probably be better off with some of the 100 calorie packet things to help curb your hunger.

the only calorie free things i know of are water, coffee, and tea. all food has calories, so it's a matter of finding your biggest bang for the buck. veggies with fiber and water fill you up and are good for you.

not an expert, but i would swear making popcorn (not microwave) is good for you too. add your own seasons like something zesty. good luck.

susanr613 said:
the only calorie free things i know of are water, coffee, and tea. all food has calories, so it's a matter of finding your biggest bang for the buck. veggies with fiber and water fill you up and are good for you.

hehe you beat me to it I was going to point that out!!! Carrots have a high natural sugar count also but that being said if your going to snack snack on veggies :)

My MIL told me of a good recipe for Weight Watcher cookies. (bc I am a cookie girl)

Take one packet of instant oatmeal and mix with 1 egg white. Bake on small bar pan in toaster oven,.

VOILA--- I think 2 points for the entire thing/cookie.

for less expensive snacks (than prepackaged) buy the "snack size" ziplock baggies, take your favorite snack, and divide the whole box up into 100-cal. bags, or single servings. Weight Watchers used to have us do this at the beginning of the week so all of the bags are ready for you to grab and run.

100 cal packs aren't going to keep you full though...

One of my favourite snacks when I'm trying to lose weight is triscuits and low-fat cottage cheese. I can't remember off-hand, but if you have about 7-8 triscuits and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, it isn't too high in calories, and because it is high in protein and fibre, it actually keeps you full (and you avoid sugar!). If you are trying to keep really low in calories, even 1/4 cup of cottage cheese is actually alot more than it sounds, when you measure it out.

Baby carrots are good to have on hand too. And nuts, if you're careful to measure them out and only eat small quantities.

I tried those 100 calorie packs, and hated the flavor. I would rather do what Gailz2 said, and just take baggies and bag up my own stuff. Other things that I would have for snacks are 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, a part-skim mozzarella stick, almonds, light yogurt, fruit, veggies, and make sure to have water water water. :)

I really can't stand those "100 calorie" packs. It's almost an insult what you get in them. Not to mention they are all processed and we all really don't need anymore processed food!!

Stick with good foods like whole grains, low fat dairy, good proteins and fruits and veg.

You could snack on jello, or yogart well probably not infront of your kids but celery and cucumbers and other raw veggies don't have any calories if you go to CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more you can type in foods and see what their calories are and they give suggestions of foods with no calories.

As I'm reading your suggestions, I just ate a small bag of Grandma's Mini Sandwich Cremes! There is no hope for me!

Watermelon....when I was strict with WW, I would buy a whole seedless watermelon, cut the entire thing up, put it in a large container & eat it all day! Sometimes I would sit down & eat the entire thing...:eek: BUT!!! I was NOT hungry!! :cool:
Also our PC Salsa is 0 points...its just what you have with it you have to watch!!

vwpamperedchef said:
My MIL told me of a good recipe for Weight Watcher cookies. (bc I am a cookie girl)

Take one packet of instant oatmeal and mix with 1 egg white. Bake on small bar pan in toaster oven,.

VOILA--- I think 2 points for the entire thing/cookie.

How does it taste? ha!

I may do a few days of WW depending on the scales after "this" week.

I loved the jello when I did WW. I think the ones I ate it took almost 5 to equal 1 point. And the WW snacks are pretty good too. I made my own 100 calorie packs - it was much cheaper.

And Vanessa's Salsa chicken with rice was DELISH! I still have it.

popcorn was just rated in the top 5 low calorie foods I just read the little blitz on yahoo homepage

Related to Discover Delicious Calorie-Free Snacks to Support Your Weight Loss Goals

What are some examples of calorie-free snacks?

Some examples of calorie-free snacks include fresh fruits and vegetables, air-popped popcorn, rice cakes, and sugar-free gelatin or pudding.

Can I still lose weight while snacking?

Yes, it is possible to lose weight while snacking. Choosing calorie-free snacks in moderation can help keep you satisfied and prevent overeating during meals.

Are there any calorie-free snacks that are high in protein?

Yes, some calorie-free snacks that are high in protein include hard-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, and deli meat roll-ups with lettuce and cheese.

Can I incorporate calorie-free snacks into a balanced diet?

Absolutely! In fact, incorporating calorie-free snacks into a balanced diet can help keep you on track with your weight loss goals by curbing cravings and preventing overeating.

Are there any tips for finding and preparing calorie-free snacks?

Some tips for finding and preparing calorie-free snacks include reading labels and ingredient lists, opting for whole and unprocessed foods, and using herbs and spices to add flavor without adding calories.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Kathytnt