• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing $57 Show: Reflections of a Consultant in the First Year

In summary, this consultant had a $54 show and only received one order. She asked for more time to close the show, but the cousin who ordered the most saved her the day.
I have been a consultant for just under a year. I regularly have $1000 shows... not every show but every 3rd or 4th show is $1000. I just got home from a $57 show :mad: !!! YUCK! I am so bummed out... not just for me... but for my hostess. There were 7 people at the show and only 2 ordered. I need to stay focused and host coach some more (she was a consultant 6 years ago!), but PLEASE $57???? It's not even a show yet!

Gee... don't knock youself too much, if she used to be a consultant it looks like she should have known a little better....hopefully she'll work on outside orders.

Oh, bummer! So sorry. You know, I was a PC consultant from 1995 - 2001. In 2005 I had a PC show, and it seemed my friends were so busy that night, I only had about 7 people attend. The show orders were barely $200. I'm sure my consultant was very bummed, but I brought the show total up to $500 because I knew to ask people when they said "no" to coming if they wanted a catalog. Then I also knew to call each of them after the show to collect the orders. The consultant did not coach me whatsoever in any way, shape, or form. I knew what I was doing, though, lucky for her and me. Definitely, stay focused and do some more host coaching in case she "forgot". It could still turn out great!

Sorry to say it, but it happens to all of us at some point. I totally agree with the fact that outside orders may save the day. But, it's just one show, get back up on your horse and you'll be fine!

At least you've been having $1000 shows! So you have one "bad" show. It's just a small blimp in the big scheme of things. Besides she can always bring the sales up.

So I guess I'm saying..."get over it" ;) :D :rolleyes:

I had a $54 show on June 30th and she wanted to wait til after my 2 trips to close her show. I expected that she would get lots of orders and it would be a decent show but when I got back she had NOTHING! I couldn't believe it. She told me to just close it out. I explained I could not and it had to be at least $150 for it to be a show. she then asked for more time and realized she had some cousins out of state who love to cook. The very next day one of her cousins ordered over $100! She then asked for another week to close as she was waiting on one more person. I couldn't believe she needed a month to close her show! Plus I host coached her to death and she knew about her show about 2 months ahead of time! Well, at least it will be a show now!

PCJenni,
Keep us posted! We're pulling for you.

Related to Disappointing $57 Show: Reflections of a Consultant in the First Year

1. What is "Worst Show Ever... Bummed"?

"Worst Show Ever... Bummed" is a game from Pampered Chef that is designed to help consultants identify and overcome common challenges that may arise during a cooking show. It allows consultants to practice and improve their skills in a fun and interactive way.

2. How do I play "Worst Show Ever... Bummed"?

To play "Worst Show Ever... Bummed," you will need a set of game cards and a timer. Each card represents a different challenge that may occur during a cooking show, such as a guest canceling or not enough guests attending. Set the timer for a specific amount of time and have a volunteer pick a card. The consultant must then come up with a solution to the challenge before the time runs out.

3. Can I customize the challenges in "Worst Show Ever... Bummed"?

Yes, you can customize the challenges in "Worst Show Ever... Bummed" to fit your specific needs. You can write your own challenges on blank cards or use the included stickers to modify the existing challenges.

4. How can "Worst Show Ever... Bummed" benefit my business?

"Worst Show Ever... Bummed" can help improve your skills as a consultant and prepare you for potential challenges that may arise during a cooking show. By practicing different scenarios, you will feel more confident and be able to handle any situation that may come up during a real show.

5. Is "Worst Show Ever... Bummed" suitable for all levels of consultants?

Yes, "Worst Show Ever... Bummed" is suitable for all levels of consultants, from beginners to experienced professionals. It can help new consultants learn how to handle challenging situations and provide experienced consultants with a fun way to refresh their skills and come up with new solutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
redprincess
  • momoftwins
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • KimOwen