• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director's Frustrations with Recruit Qualifying: One Show Short!

In summary, Kris is having a 1000 catalog show this coming week, but one of her recruits will not be able to participate because she is in the hospital for surgery.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I have 3 recruits who need to qualify this month and I will be a director - and walk at conference! Two will definitely qualify! One is one show short....she has not tried very hard despite my coaching and helping. We already pushed back her SS#1 to June, it was May. She has one cooking show at $300 and two catalog shows right at $150-160. That leaves this week to try to get $150 in orders together - the problem is - she is going in for surgery in the morning and will be in the hospital overnight, then pretty much on bedrest the rest of the week. There goes my hopes!
I could try to get together $150 on my own for her but do not even know where to start! (she is a friend of my daughters and like one of my own kids). I sent out a June/July newsletter 2 weeks ago - so I hate to email all my customers so soon. I thought about trying for a mystery host book party, thing is most of my customers here in town just placed an order....I'm clueless....I wish I had a magic wand!
I soooo frustrated. This has been months trying and it comes down to ONE SHOW. Help!!!!

Last edited:
Why don't you e-mail ur customer list or at least talk to close friends and neighbors and offer a one time only 25% off product sale by FRI.--sometimes I even offer FREE shipping and put them on the same order--you may even want to put it under a past host neighbors name and get 10% off--some may be out of pocket but u will be walking girl!!!!

I had to give a show to a recruit before--luckily it was 2 orders that had come out of nowhere and i wasn't expecting them anyway--so instead of throwing it on one of my shows--plus they were both credit card orders so the new consultant from out of town didn't have to deal with $$--I let her keep the commission for any thing to add to her stuff--but u could probably ask for it--or tax deduct it

Hope this may help or get the wheels turning!!!:D

I am so sorry! Maybe you can visit her in the hospital and ask all the nurses there if they could place last minute orders. If they know it goes to help their patient they might help more. Then it would be more like her doing it instead of you doing it for her.

I am going to see her tomorrow night - and I will bring catalogs - good idea. My only hope I think is to email my customers and offer some sort of incentive. I have LOTS of extra catalogs - I may drop a bunch off tomorrow at some shops downtown. I am going to have a glass of wine and sleep on it tonight. My nerves are frazzled - lol - it has just been that kind of week. I did have an awesome show today! It is at $700 with more orders to come in - but I got caught in the worst rain storm driving home - the show was an hour away. Then I got the news that she only has 3 shows....
Any help you can give me on wording this email would be so appreciated - I dont want my customers to think I am being pushy, sending this so soon after getting my newsletter!
Thanks soooo much for the suggestions so far. :)

Sometimes in just calling my close friends and neighbors--they know I call when a host is close by and has a discount --easy for me to go pik up for them---I just mention that a nearby host has a show closing thurs with a 25% discount and FREE shipping---what a great time to stock up on gifts or some of our new products you may have been wanting to try----that way thurs gives you a second to figure out how to proceed---a simple easy e-mail--but for my friends -I CALL--the instant gratification of yes or no with them

GOOD LUCK:D

Here I am full of questions again.
Do I understand that you want to get orders and put them in her name? Or did I misunderstand. If I didn't misunderstand you might want to check and make sure that's legal to do.
Take it from one who learned the hard way :eek: if HO audits the order, the results will not be a happy ocassion.

Kris

$1000 Catalog ShowI had something work out for me back in April that came together in one week, it might work for you and/or your Consultant as well.

What I did was contacted guests, past hosts, preferred customers, those customers and/or hosts that drive you nuts sometimes with SO many phone calls (haha, laugh - you know you've had a couple!), friends, and anyone else, until I had 10 committed individuals.

In February I took my PC Business full time and everyone that I called knew that. So, when I contacted them, I told them that right at the end of the month I had 4 shows cancel on me (which I did, it stunk!) and since they cancelled so close to the show date, there was no way for me to re-book that show. So what I was doing was trying to pull together some extra orders by having a $1000 Catalog Show. Everyone was so willing to help!

I then asked each person if they think they could check with co-workers, neighbors, friends, family, etc. and commit to collecting at least $100 by the end of the week. I made sure to point out to them the benefit of participating in the $1000 catalog show. Normally, as a host, if you only collect $100 in sales, then you don't receive any benefits at all, not even a discount! But, with collecting $100 for the $1000 Catalog Show, I would be dividing the $1000 host benefits among all 10 "hosts" who participate. Each "host" would receive $21.50 for free ($215 free dollars/10 people), an unlimited 30% discount to purchase any personal items wanted, and then an extra free benefit of either a special item at a 60% discount, a 1/2 price item, 10% discount for the next year, or a free product (products I had on my shelf). I think I called 13 or 14 people before I got my 10 to participate.

Once all orders were collected, I took the host dollars and divided them among those who participated as hosts in the show. I ended up having only 9 people collect orders and it came to just over $900, so I divided all benefits among the 9 people. I divided the host dollars evenly among the 9, so they all got $19 I beleve. Then I also let each of them use the 30% discount that the host receives. By the time each person spent money at 30% off I had well over $1000 commissionable. I then listed out the rest of the host benefits that could be given away - at the $900 level I had the following: 3 half price items, 2 10% discounts for the next year, 1 Grilling Set at 60% off, then I had 3 Jar Openers sitting on my shelf. So I called the one who gave me the most in orders and told her she got $19 free and an unlimited 30% discount to buy whatever she wished. I then let her choose between the Grilling Set at 60% off, a half price item, 10% off for the next year, or a free jar opener. She picked the Grilling Set. So the next person I called I offered a half price item, 10% off for the next year, or a free jar opener. I just did that until all benefits were gone. When I got down to the last person it was just a jar opener so I just told her she had won a free jar opener, haha. I hope that makes sense!

For what the "hosts" were ordering for free, half price and at a discount, I just placed under 1 host order in the computer. I did write up individual receipts for everyone though. I had the show shipped to me and sorted it and gave it to each of the 9 "hosts" who participated so they could deliver thier orders.

It was super easy to do, and people loved getting free and discounted items for only collecting $100 in orders. I actually had one of the "hosts" call me earlier this week and tell me that the next time I offer that to count her in!

I hope this idea helps!

Why were u audited?
Just curious:D

I've never even heard of that.

You haven't heard of what???----being audited or the cool $1000 show idea---I've had other DSA companies e-mail me to get orders but---it is cool --I love it--I should try it in JULY---but I need to get thru JUNE first!!!:D

Don't Wait!Chef Susan - don't wait until July if you can use it for June. I think part of the reason it worked so well was because it was fast. I called them all on a Friday and all orders were due by the following Thursday. They didn't have enough time to "let me down" so to speak. Go for it!! :)

I've never heard of being audited.

Chef Becca, what a great idea! I will definately have to try that sometime;)

I don't want to go in to it to much, bad memories, but my director then put a show in a recruit's name so she could qualify, thus moving me to directorship and her to advance directorship, and she won a trip to boot. I lost directorship, my director got all my recruits (who fizzled out anyway when it was all said and done) and that's about all I'm going to say about that.

I wouldn't suggest you put a show into someone else's name if that's what you're thinking of doing. The price to pay is too high.

But hey! I'm on to better things.......left for a long time because I just couldn't get the fire again (not because I was mad or anything) and have a new director, and will do it right this time.

Yep, wrong and embarassing, but I don't want to see this happen to anyone else.

Kris

Great idea Becca - I was just sitting here thinking how I was going to put something together to spur on some huge sales before I leave for Conference - really trying for Atlantis. I pulled up this page and there was your response for another gal and voila - the lightbulb came on for getting some great sales going. Plan on setting this up starting tomorrow. Thanks for your great idea.

AJPratt said:
I've never heard of being audited.

My director has mentioned that we could get into trouble for doing dishonest things if HO finds out. So if you know that it is against PC policy, don't do it!

One of my recruits had a wedding to go to and bought a PC gift certificate for the wedding gift. She got a call from HO and found out that as a consultant, she is not allowed to purchase a gift certificate and receive commission on it. But since it was a first time offense, they just told her not to do it again. I don't know what the consequences are if it happens again.

It's good to occasionally read the Policies and Procedures section of Recipe for Success just to brush up on the guidelines!

Susan M said:
Great idea Becca - I was just sitting here thinking how I was going to put something together to spur on some huge sales before I leave for Conference - really trying for Atlantis. I pulled up this page and there was your response for another gal and voila - the lightbulb came on for getting some great sales going. Plan on setting this up starting tomorrow. Thanks for your great idea.

Susan - I'm glad you found the idea useful. I am actually anxious to do it again myself! It was way too easy!! Just glue the phone to your ear and don't put it down until you have your 10 people. Once you get those 10 you'll be PUMPED!!!

I'm working for Atlantis this year as well - I'm SO close! At the end of this month I'll have 54,000 points and I have 8 recruits that haven't qualified yet that will count 2,000 points each once they do - not to mention sales for July and on...I am almost there. You can do it!! :)

I think the idea of getting orders from the nurses is excellent. Be honest. Tell them what your consultant needs. With the average order being $33 it will only take 5 orders to make a show. Women love to help others in need. Go for it!
Those of you concerned about audits. They can happen and honesty is best.

Chef Becca KY said:
Chef Susan - don't wait until July if you can use it for June. I think part of the reason it worked so well was because it was fast. I called them all on a Friday and all orders were due by the following Thursday. They didn't have enough time to "let me down" so to speak. Go for it!! :)

hello do u have a flyer or a dialog--I was going to try to e-mail to people and it was just confusing--I do everything by e-mail--I know I have gotten something like this e-mailed to me by another org.
thanks

Chef susan said:
hello do u have a flyer or a dialog--I was going to try to e-mail to people and it was just confusing--I do everything by e-mail--I know I have gotten something like this e-mailed to me by another org.
thanks

Unfortunately I don't have a flyer or anything because I called each person. I am a HUGE emailer too so I understand why you're wanting something to send out. However, I am also a big believer that "Phone is for Feelings and Email is for Info". I would definitely suggest calling the individuals to get them geared up for this just because they can sense the urgency in your voice and you can read them on how they are responding. It's much easier to ignore an email or even say no in an email, than it is to say no to a live voice. Once you've told them why you're doing it, just make it all about how great it will be for them if they help you and you'll have people signed on in no time.

Sorry I don't have a flyer!

"Phone is for Feelings and Email is for Info".

Cute quote! I love this and will try to abide by it a little better!

OK here is the latest and this should work without being dishonest - I dont know why I did not think of this sooner. My daughter is a pediatric nurse and the girl that is my recruit is the receptionist at the same clinic. A bunch of the co-workers there want to help her out to qualify so are getting up orders. At the same time they want to help me out. I should have all the orders by tonight and will take them over to my recruits house for her to submit tomorrow when she is up to it. Much simpler than I thought and I don't feel like I am cheating by doing it this way! Thanks for all the good ideas and advice & keep your fingers crossed for me that I get to WALK!

Yikes! I guess I just really don't do more than have a show and send it.

Chef susan said:
thanks

Here is a flyer about having a $1000 show...you'd have to change specifics, because this one has one participant as the winner...I like the idea that everybody gets something for their effort!

I have a flyer that I created in Print Shop that I cannot post even as a jpeg because of size. If you would like the jpeg file for ideas or have Print Shop and would like the originals, please SEND ME AN EMAIL [email protected]

HTH

Attachments

• Mystery Host letter - 1000 show.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 516
Cindy I KNOW you can do this!!!!
Hope you go across that stage at conference!!!! And next year in TPC!!!

Kris

nikked said:
Here is a flyer about having a $1000 show...you'd have to change specifics, because this one has one participant as the winner...I like the idea that everybody gets something for their effort!

I have a flyer that I created in Print Shop that I cannot post even as a jpeg because of size. If you would like the jpeg file for ideas or have Print Shop and would like the originals, please SEND ME AN EMAIL [email protected]

HTH
WOW
thank you so much--1 of my girls asked me this am about doing something along this line thru e-mail and I said I had one made up--it was too confusing.......
so this is great--already sent it to her

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

Related to Director's Frustrations with Recruit Qualifying: One Show Short!

What are some common frustrations directors have with recruit qualifying?

Directors often become frustrated when they have a potential recruit who seems interested in joining Pampered Chef, but then backs out at the last minute or does not follow through with the enrollment process.

How can directors avoid these frustrations?

To avoid these frustrations, directors should focus on building a strong relationship with potential recruits and thoroughly explaining the benefits and opportunities of joining Pampered Chef. It's also important to set clear expectations and follow up consistently with the recruit.

What should directors do if a potential recruit seems hesitant or unsure?

If a potential recruit seems hesitant or unsure, it's important for directors to ask open-ended questions to understand their concerns and address them. They can also offer to connect the potential recruit with other successful Pampered Chef consultants for a testimonial or host a virtual or in-person event to showcase the business opportunity.

How can directors handle a potential recruit who is not responsive?

If a potential recruit is not responding, directors can try reaching out through different communication channels, such as phone, email, or social media. They can also offer incentives or special promotions to entice the recruit to take action.

What resources are available to help directors with recruit qualifying?

Pampered Chef offers various resources and tools to help directors with recruit qualifying, including training materials, webinars, and a mentorship program. Directors can also seek advice and support from their upline or other experienced consultants within their team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • chefhorton
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Intrepid_Chef