• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Directors: Did You Notice (Sell-A-Thon)?

P
Pampered Laura
Did you notice that the Sell-a-Thon says that Director's Packages will be based on the JUNE $3000 & $6000 level, as well as JULY'S $3000 level.... but our Director's package will NOT include the JUNE $1500 level OR the JUNE/JULY 2 Shows Level?

I wonder what's in the $1500 package that Director's won't get in the Director Benefits package! I love that we get these packages, but I didn't notice they were changing the "progressive" packaging this year until another director pointed it out. Weird huh!

Edited to add: And, it says the value of the Director Package is more than $600...
But the value of June $6000 package: $550
Value of July $3000 package: $300
= $850? Right?

Weird...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did notice that, and thought it was kinda wierd. Maybe it is so that we don't end up with 2 of everything. Or that we still have a reason to strive for the higher levels

No, they switched it up because I finally became a director and I am a day late and a dollar short for everything...so if you used to get all the products and now you only get some...you can blame me...that is the type of luck I have!! sorry.. :)

pckrissy said:
No, they switched it up because I finally became a director and I am a day late and a dollar short for everything...so if you used to get all the products and now you only get some...you can blame me...that is the type of luck I have!! sorry.. :)

Krissy you sound like me!!:D That's exactly the kind of thing I would say. I really really wanted Directorship, but now they are changing everything. I'll probably miss out on all of the stuff I really wanted so badly to begin with. OH well...

I'm not saying that Directorship is not great or something to strive for. I am a products junkie. It is why I started this business and why I stay in. It is why I want directorship (that big box(es) of FREE products each season).

pckrissy said:

That cracks me up - sounds like something I would say!;) But, atleast you are getting a directors package!

It's because directors should be setting the standard. Directors should be doing enough shows to earn those other levels on their own.

DebbieJ said:
It's because directors should be setting the standard. Directors should be doing enough shows to earn those other levels on their own.

You typed the words right out of my mouth - LOL

We usually do, that's why most directors earn two of everything. One full package for achieving the highest level, and one full package for being a director. I just thought it was weird that we'd automatically earn the TOP levels, and not the "bottom" level. I'm wondering if all of this means that whatever is in the bottom level package is NOT in the other two? Usually it progresses, like products ABC are in the #1 package, so package #2 includes ABC and also DEF. KWIM?

I am still going to earn my products as well. I don't plan to sit back and do nothing!! Don't take me the wrong way...I plan to work business just as hard if not more...Directorship won't change my monthly goals...

Pampered Laura said:
We usually do, that's why most directors earn two of everything. One full package for achieving the highest level, and one full package for being a director. I just thought it was weird that we'd automatically earn the TOP levels, and not the "bottom" level. I'm wondering if all of this means that whatever is in the bottom level package is NOT in the other two? Usually it progresses, like products ABC are in the #1 package, so package #2 includes ABC and also DEF. KWIM?

Maybe it doesn't contain all the products from those packages?? The flyer says that the director's package will contain products from the $3000 & $6000 level. Maybe it's just a sampling from them worth $600, not all of them.

I love that they are giving us the things in the higher packages! We directors all should be at least earning level one.

Don't forget to subtract out the value of level one when trying to figure out what they are giving us!

When you earn package 2, you also get package 1. Think of it that way.

cmdtrgd said:
When you earn package 2, you also get package 1. Think of it that way.
That's the way I was looking at it. I assumed it's the same way as previous years/seasons. I guess I didn't pick up on the fact that it might not be ALL levels. Maybe they said that because sometimes the Directors don't get the VERY top level available. I seem to remember that happening at one point, right?

I think they are doing it that way because there is so much new this time that they have to divide it into two months for the sell a thon so they decided to mix up what we get.

Just curious-what do you guys do with the extra products?

wedding/house warming/Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary gifts. And, now my daughter is 14...a high school Freshman this August...so I am going to start filling her hope chest.

I also use them as incentives for Hosts, use them for donations to "Silent Auctions", give them as prizes to my Team and share them with family members!

I use them as incentives for hosts, gifts for my parents and SIL (they are PC junkies), most things I keep one in my kit and one in my kitchen so my kit is always stocked. Occasionally I will use them to pump up my team.

1. What is the difference between the Sell-a-Thon and the Director's Package?

The Sell-a-Thon states that the Director's Package will be based on the June $3000 & $6000 level, as well as July's $3000 level. However, the Director's package will not include the June $1500 level or the June/July 2 Shows Level. This means that the Director's Package will not contain all the benefits offered in the Sell-a-Thon.

2. What is the reason for the change in "progressive" packaging this year?

The reason for the change in "progressive" packaging is not specified, but it could be due to a shift in company strategy or budget constraints.

3. What is included in the $1500 package that Director's won't get in the Director Benefits package?

The contents of the $1500 package are not specified. However, it can be assumed that it contains benefits that are not included in the Director's Package, such as additional products or bonuses.

4. How much is the value of the Director Package compared to the individual June and July packages?

The value of the Director Package is stated to be more than $600. However, when considering the value of the individual June and July packages, which are $550 and $300 respectively, the total value is $850. This discrepancy is not explained and may require clarification from the company.

5. Is it unusual for the Director's Package to not include certain levels or benefits?

It is not unusual for the Director's Package to differ from the Sell-a-Thon or other promotional packages. Companies may offer different levels of benefits to different groups of employees based on their roles, responsibilities, or achievements. However, it is important for the company to clearly communicate any changes or discrepancies in packaging to avoid confusion or disappointment among employees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Poll
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine