• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing.

my host canceled on me the night of the show...I was so upset, I wouldn't speak to her for months! But, when I did speak to her, she was so apologetic and we had a great time at the party she hosted for me the following week. I chalked it up to bad luck and moved on. A few months later, I did a party at another host's home...this host canceled on me the day of the party...I was so mad, I refused to do the show. But, when I finally got a hold of her, she was so apologetic and we had a great time at the party she hosted for me the following week. So, it can be a
mpkegley
Here's my dilemma - At my show last night, there were a couple guests (ex: guest A and guest B) discussing a Pampered Chef show for next month (with another consultant). I didn't think anything about it. So, after the show I was taking up orders and guest A comes and she books a show for next month. Then guest B comes and books one for Feb. I still didn't think much about it because I thought guest B was doing the show next month and decided to help host out and do another in Feb. Turns out, when I was leaving I heard them discussing with the host how they were going to have to call this other consultant and cancel the show for next month that guest A had booked. Make a long story short, she decided that she would rather do the show with me. I feel really bad for this other consultant! I would be upset if a host did that to me, but I didn't ask her to do it and I thought the other girl was doing the show (it is at her house). I wouldn't even have known if I hadn't overheard them talking about it as I was going out the door. I was shocked. What would you do?

It is not your fault! I understand that you wouldn't want this to happen to you but you cannot control what the hosts do. It happened to me that I had a host who had a wonderful party and her sister was having a party the following friday with a different consultant. I encouraged her and let her know that it was their decision and there were no hard feelings. I got a call the week after the second show happened and was complimented on how I did my shows. Therefore I continued to service these ladies and they were a blast. It was their decision not mine to continue to be my customers.

Great job
mpkegley said:
Here's my dilemma - At my show last night, there were a couple guests (ex: guest A and guest B) discussing a Pampered Chef show for next month (with another consultant). I didn't think anything about it. So, after the show I was taking up orders and guest A comes and she books a show for next month. Then guest B comes and books one for Feb. I still didn't think much about it because I thought guest B was doing the show next month and decided to help host out and do another in Feb. Turns out, when I was leaving I heard them discussing with the host how they were going to have to call this other consultant and cancel the show for next month that guest A had booked. Make a long story short, she decided that she would rather do the show with me. I feel really bad for this other consultant! I would be upset if a host did that to me, but I didn't ask her to do it and I thought the other girl was doing the show (it is at her house). I wouldn't even have known if I hadn't overheard them talking about it as I was going out the door. I was shocked. What would you do?

I don't mean that in a rude way towards the other consultant but obviously you are doing something right, something fun, and something hosts want at their homes! Great job!

I mean it would be foolish to say "Now ladies you can't cancel on that consultant, you have to have your show with her, I won't have a show with you." I mean we are providing a service and it wasn't intentional. They'll just find someone other than you. I have had hosts who had other consultants they were not happy with, not necessarily with bad customer service (although some) but just a certain style of show they wanted for their family and friends.
If someone wanted a show with someone else, and it has happened because it was their relative or good friend, I wouldn't be insulted. It happens!

Debbie :D

Thanks for the input, I know it wasn't my fault. I didn't even get the chance to ask her if she wanted to book the show before she asked me about the date. I just feel bad for the other consultant. I just worry too much, I guess. Thanks again.

Some customers don't feel a particular loyalty to their consultant..I found myself in a similar situation twice...the first time, I did a craft show w/ another consultant who I had just met (not from my cluster or anything, I didn't know her before the fair) and there was another ds rep who was next to us...well, the other rep came over to me later in the day and said she booked a show w/ the consultant I was working with, but asked me if I could do her show instead...

Just this week, I was calling on some outside orders from a show I am getting ready to close and I asked her before we got off the phone if she would be interested in hosting her own show and she right away said "oh sure!"...I asked her if she had hosted a PC show before and she said "oh yes, I have my own consultant, but it's ok, I'll do my show w/ you this time to help Suzy Host"...I was like OH! Are you sure? And she replied yes, absolutely that was not a problem for her, she knew that her friend was in need of a couple bookings so she didn't feel bad about booking w/ me instead of her own consultant.

I think sometimes that happens and I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Like someone else said, obviously you clicked w/ this girl and she liked you...go with it and good luck!

chefsteph07 said:
Some customers don't feel a particular loyalty to their consultant..I found myself in a similar situation twice...the first time, I did a craft show w/ another consultant who I had just met (not from my cluster or anything, I didn't know her before the fair) and there was another ds rep who was next to us...well, the other rep came over to me later in the day and said she booked a show w/ the consultant I was working with, but asked me if I could do her show instead...

Just this week, I was calling on some outside orders from a show I am getting ready to close and I asked her before we got off the phone if she would be interested in hosting her own show and she right away said "oh sure!"...I asked her if she had hosted a PC show before and she said "oh yes, I have my own consultant, but it's ok, I'll do my show w/ you this time to help Suzy Host"...I was like OH! Are you sure? And she replied yes, absolutely that was not a problem for her, she knew that her friend was in need of a couple bookings so she didn't feel bad about booking w/ me instead of her own consultant.
I think sometimes that happens and I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Like someone else said, obviously you clicked w/ this girl and she liked you...go with it and good luck!

Just FYI, she could've booked the party through you and used her own consultant and her friend would've still gotten credit and been able to purchase the host special. Just so you know!

WowThis means you are doing something RIGHT! You are really clicking with these ladies and they must've really enjoyed your show and personality, and that (in my opinion) is one of the ULTIMATE COMPLIMENTS you can get!

I would never suggest stealing customers, but in this case you didn't push them or ask them to cancel their shows with the other consultant, they did this all on their own! So be proud! Hold your head up! Great job!

Chef Kearns said:
Just FYI, she could've booked the party through you and used her own consultant and her friend would've still gotten credit and been able to purchase the host special. Just so you know!

My point was, she doesn't feel loyalty to her consultant like some hosts do, and had told me that she's had PC shows w/ other consultants besides the one she normally uses.

chefsteph07 said:
My point was, she doesn't feel loyalty to her consultant like some hosts do, and had told me that she's had PC shows w/ other consultants besides the one she normally uses.

She probably did feel loyalty to her consultant if she brought up that she had one. Most people don't know that the booking follows the host, not the consultant.

I dont believe you should say anything. Ethically you did nothing wrong. You must have been very good at what you did if they felt inclined to cancel with a different consultant and book with you.

If you had suggested to them they book with you instead of this other consultant, then I think you would have been wrong. Be proud of what a great job you did at your cooking show. You obviously impressed them and they had fun.

Something to remember...if the show she has booked with the other consultant was booked from someone else's show she needs to make sure the first host gets her booking benefit at your show. But, my next question is this...if she booked from one host and then booked from your host, would both of them be able to get the booking benefit?

Shawnna, only one of the past hosts would get the benefit.

that is what I thought.

Oh, and I did mean to comment on the original post. Since you did nothing to try to sway them towards your "camp", it is ethically okay to do the show. Now, I would make sure to tell them that they can still help out Suzy Host and do the show with their original consultant - provided it wasn't booked off someone else's show.

Well, I did get 4 bookings with only 5 guests. They booked a show for every month. I have thought a lot about this and decided that I should not worry so much. I didn't ask her to do it and since they had so much fun, they are going for this every month. Guess that is not too bad. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

It does sound like you did something right in your show. I'm amazed at how critical of other consultants some guests have been at my shows. "So n so didn't do THAT at their show" and other comments leave me a little uncomfortable but flattered... especially when they buy or book through me and are vocal about NOT doing so with the other consultant. I can't feel bad about that other consultant. I'm learning from the process of hearing about other consultants... I've even asked point blank with folks who are very vocal about how she/he does it so I learn from what that other person is doing. Now, her way might work better with other folks who quite possibly are doggin' on me at one of their shows... I"m sure it all evens out in the end so I don't worry about it. Just consider it a compliment that something about your presentation shined on these folks and they chose you to do their parties. :D

1. What is the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" product?

The "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" product is a versatile kitchen tool that can help with a variety of cooking and baking tasks. It is designed to make meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. How do I use the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing"?

The "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" can be used in multiple ways, depending on the task at hand. It can be used as a spatula, whisk, tongs, spoon, and more. It also has adjustable tension for different tasks. The best way to learn how to use it is to watch our instructional videos or attend a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration.

3. Is the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" is dishwasher safe. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. Can the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" is safe to use on all types of cookware, including non-stick. Its silicone ends will not scratch or damage your cookware.

5. Is the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" covered by a warranty?

Yes, the "Dilemma, Kind of Long and Confusing" is covered by our Pampered Chef guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it for a replacement or refund within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
SKwong
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies