• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Difference Between Posting on Blog Vs E-Mail/Newsletter

That's why we have a PWS! Customers can find out about anything you want them to know from there. PC does all the workfor us as far as specials and theme shows not to mention recruiting promos. All it takes is a few clicks to update it every month.
noelskitchen
Would there be a problem posting our pc newsletter on a blog? Especially if we want our customers to keep up to date on specials, recipes, etc. Or refer back to them if need be. Our newsletters have a pc recipe on them so with all this trademark stuff it's really confusing.

Since a blog is online and you would be referring to yourself as with PC, I'm guessing it would violate policy. Those who know the details better will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it is that the blog is available for everyone to see it on the internet where your newletter only goes to people you send it to & isn't able to be found by someone searching the internet.

No, you can't do that. You CAN have your personal website and post that information there. That's what I do. My newsletter really just is full of short descriptions and teasers so that they can go to my website for more info. Then they can check out the outlet while they are there too.

I thought we werent supposed to post our personal website on our blog.

We're not. No PWS, or even stating that we're a consultant. That's very clear in the policies.

noelskitchen said:
Would there be a problem posting our pc newsletter on a blog? Especially if we want our customers to keep up to date on specials, recipes, etc. Or refer back to them if need be. Our newsletters have a pc recipe on them so with all this trademark stuff it's really confusing.

This is why we have a PWS! Customers can find out about anything you want them to know from there. PC does all the workfor us as far as specials and theme shows not to mention recruiting promos. All it takes is a few clicks to update it every month.

from the policies manual... pg 24 "Internet/Web: Additional Guidelines
Consultants and Above
Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web
Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name
when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.

You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to
communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants
about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or
promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
rooms, other than those created for communicating with
other Consultants.

Other than through your Pampered Chef® Personal Web
Site, you may not promote or advertise your business on any
other Web site, Internet directory, search engine, etc"

Ann That is exactly what I thought but the post above mine made it sound like you can post on blogs. And I just wanted to clear it up.

It seems pretty interesting that when you type Pampered Chef or anthing refering to PC other things come up, even posts on Chef Success come up. It kind of defeats the purpose of the policy if all outsiders can see things about PC and not go to the PC website.

What is the difference between posting on a blog and sending an e-mail or newsletter?

Posting on a blog involves creating and publishing content on a website that is accessible to the public. Sending an e-mail or newsletter involves sending a message directly to a specific group of people via their email addresses.

Which is more effective for marketing purposes - a blog or an e-mail/newsletter?

Both can be effective for marketing purposes, but it ultimately depends on your target audience and the type of content you are sharing. Blogs are great for reaching a wider audience and establishing your brand, while e-mails and newsletters are more personalized and can be used to nurture relationships with existing customers.

Do I need to have a blog to send out an e-mail or newsletter?

No, you do not need to have a blog to send out an e-mail or newsletter. You can still create and send content directly to your audience without having a blog. However, having a blog can provide additional benefits such as driving traffic to your website and increasing your online presence.

Can I use the same content for both my blog and e-mail/newsletter?

Yes, you can repurpose content for both your blog and e-mail/newsletter. However, it is important to tailor the content to the specific platform and audience. For example, your blog post may be more in-depth and informative, while your e-mail/newsletter may be shorter and more personalized.

How often should I post on my blog or send out e-mails/newsletters?

The frequency of posting on your blog or sending out e-mails/newsletters will depend on your specific goals and audience. It is generally recommended to post at least once a week on your blog, while e-mails/newsletters can be sent out weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. It is important to maintain a consistent schedule to keep your audience engaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefNic