• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Requests for Mail E-Newsletter on Your Website

In summary, the woman said she didn't want to receive the newsletter electronically, but would be interested in receiving it through the mail. The expert suggests telling her that you are trying to keep your overhead costs down and she has access to the internet, but offers a special offer if she would like to subscribe to the newsletter.
ChefNic
I always ask when someone places an order on my website, if they want to be added to my monthly email newsletter.
Today, I asked and the lady said if she could receive it through the mail, she would be interested.
Well, I don't really want to start snail mailing them....it would start getting expensive if that word got out!
How do I tell the lady, 'No" and not lose a customer?

I was thinking about saying, ''if there is something you are interested in, when it goes on special, i'll let you know...''
I don't just want to say...''check back on my website''..becuz I know I have to keep a watch out for her...she won't do it - chance are anyway that she won't.

Any advice??
Thanks so much!

I don't snail mine and I probably lose business but it would just get out of hand for me! Way too much time folding, stamping, printing out labels and none the less, BUYING THE POSTAGE! If they want something, they know my number or website. I'm interested to see others views as well!:)

I do not have the time, money, or patience to MAIL a newsletter.

It's an e-newsletter or nothing from me!

However, I DO send out a mini catalog each season to all my past hosts, potential hosts, recruit leads, and "preferred" customers. For me, my preferred customers are all my family, women from church who have been customers, everyone in my neighborhood who has been a customer, anyone from my MOMS Club who has been a customer, and everyone who has placed an order of $100 or more.

I just got done doing all the spring mini catalogs for the ladies from church while watching today's Oprah on TiVo. :)

I definitely don't want ...and will not mail them out...

But how can I let her know this without sounding like..."It's too much money, time, etc... you aren't worth it..."

Thanks

I have and do send newsletters out via snail mail TRYING to get SOMETHING going from those people that do not have access to e-mail (evidently I live in the land of no computers) Unfortunately, it hasn't produced anything for me.
That being said, and in my moment of clarity, I think that you can just tell this person that you really are trying to keep your overhead costs down and she obviously has access to the internet. If she doesn't wish to have the newsletter emailed to her. And always offer something special on your PWS to people that check it out. Hope that helps. Valky

Maybe add her to your preferred list and send her the mini catalogs and anything else of note??

I am trying to determine who are my "preferred customers"...I like the idea of $100 and up. I did just send a batch of customer care postcards today and put "if you'd like a spring mini cat, please call or email"...maybe I will get more emails out of that or at least, I am only using a 24 cent stamp instead of 39!

I'm also going to put that into the top of my March enewsletter. No point in emailing a ton of minis to a bunch of people that don't want them, right? I'm trying to drive traffic to my website through the newsletter anyway since I pay for that!

I have a VERY GOOD Customer and repeat hostess who does not use the internet. I always mail my newsletter and anything else I'm emailing out to her via USPS. A few times she has even surprised me with a Catalog Show when it's a monthly special that she likes. When she first told me that she didn't use the internet and would I mail her the newsletter I was wondering about her....turns out it's the best thing I did. She'll call me every now and then and say "I've been taking orders for you, when do you want them" I love this woman!

If I were you I'd cater to her for a while, maybe send it to her for a few months and then check in with her over the phone to see if there's anything that she needs or if she'd interested in hosting a show. Then decide if you want to continue. You just never know where your next great host will be!

If you don't want to send it, you could always just say, "hmmmm. I don't presently mail one out. That's something to consider. Perhaps I will if I'm organized enought." You don't have to make it seem like she's not worth the postage - just that you're not together enough to do it....

I just thought of something...perhaps a Newsletter Subscription Service -- "If you would like to Subscribe to a printed Newsletter, it's only $5 a year!"

jwpamp said:
I just thought of something...perhaps a Newsletter Subscription Service -- "If you would like to Subscribe to a printed Newsletter, it's only $5 a year!"

I don't know about that Janice. I would rather have someone buy PC from me than make them pay for a newsletter. I don't think it would "fly".

You could either mail her quarterly (with the upcoming 3 months of guest/host specials included), or you can mail her monthly/bimonthly for a certain period and "renew" her if she continues to order from you... I am personally not organized enough to mail every month, but if I had someone who didn't have computer access and really wanted to know the specials on paper, I'd probably send her a quarterly newsletter for 6 months to a year and drop her if she didn't place an order within that year... That would be around $2 for the year in postage and supplies for a *potential* good customer...

1. How can I sign up for the Pampered Chef Mail E-Newsletter?

To sign up for our Mail E-Newsletter, simply visit our website and enter your email address in the designated sign-up form. You will then receive a confirmation email to complete the subscription process.

2. How often will I receive the Mail E-Newsletter?

Our Mail E-Newsletter is sent out once a month, usually at the beginning of the month. However, we may occasionally send out special editions for holiday promotions or limited-time offers.

3. Can I customize the content I receive in the Mail E-Newsletter?

Yes, you can! When you sign up for our newsletter, you will have the option to select your interests and preferences. Based on your selections, we will tailor the content of our newsletter to better suit your needs.

4. Is the Mail E-Newsletter free?

Yes, our Mail E-Newsletter is completely free. We want to keep our customers informed and up-to-date on the latest Pampered Chef products, recipes, and promotions.

5. Can I unsubscribe from the Mail E-Newsletter at any time?

Absolutely. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter email. You can also update your email preferences or unsubscribe by contacting our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Bren706