• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Your NMD Meeting Live Up to the Hype?

other perks ;) So, in summary, the conversation was about a meeting that had been held with a director, during which they discussed booking for the Holiday Season and January & February Specials, which included an incentive trip. There was a door prize drawing and one person won a Trifle Bowl. There were different incentives for different levels of sales and recruitment for the trip, and some people were disappointed that they were unable to attend the meeting or join a hospitality cluster. People also discussed the details of the specials as well as the destinations for the incentive trip.
BAh humbug for those that say that can't do it. Pestimistic! GEt a calculator out and figure it out. 4 qualified? Hard? No. When you set your mind to it, you do it. When you tell yourself you can't, you won't.

You have to want it. I'm getting out my pictures from Disneyworld and printing them and hanging them around the house. My family is going to help us get there.

My director did say, there's more, something about shows being held between 11-5-08 and 11-30-08 being entered into drawing for awesome prizes, but didn't elaborate, so I'm hoping in the morning she sends us an email and gives more info. on that.

We heard nothing about this.

Frankly, I am quite dismayed at the jump from level 1 (one recruit) to Level two (FOUR recruits.) Um, for someone like me who is lucky to be a hobbyist, recruiting just two this year is going to be a challenge.

I know this is a huge undertaking and they want all the achievers to be there for Doris' birthday and PC's 30th, but I am dismayed that there is not a more achievable level for those of us who do not aspire to directorship, and those of us who do not have a family of four to take on a trip. In addition, some of the people who have kids might prefer to leave them at home.

I'd have to sell more than $3,000 every month to achieve this trip, even if I recruited 5 people and promoted to director.

And I'm sorry ... but $23,000 points and all you get is conference registration? They often have a program to earn this free or half price anyway. What about PC dollars for those who don't go to conference?

lockhartkitchen said:
BAh humbug for those that say that can't do it. Pestimistic! GEt a calculator out and figure it out. 4 qualified? Hard? No. When you set your mind to it, you do it. When you tell yourself you can't, you won't.

You have to want it. I'm getting out my pictures from Disneyworld and printing them and hanging them around the house. My family is going to help us get there.

:thumbup:

length requirement

I just got home from my meeting. I am SOOOOOOO excited! I can't wait to tell my kids tomorrow, when they are awake.

My DH is excited also. What do you all think about the added bonus pts for being a director? I think it is great that they are going to look at your level as of December 1, 2009 & "deposit" the bonus points.

I can hardly wait for January to get here, to start working on the trip. :)

As for the specials ... get in the way back machine .. they are very similar to last January and February.

January it's extra credit, starting at $500, and even if you don't have a $500 show you still get a scraper collection for 60 percent off.

February is one product at 60 percent off, not two like last February. Frankly that's a disappointment because I would have loved to offer that to my $1,000 hosts from last year. It would be better for them to break down their show into two parties.

The February guest special is free sprinkles, just like last year ... the January guest special stinks .. it's those little bamboo spoon sets ... only $5 worth of stuff for somebody who spends $60??? Even my AD said she'd be adding something onto that ...

Last year my January sucked eggs but my February was great ... anything at all at 60 percent got people booking.

I know that a lot of people are concerned about the recruiting requirements, but I know you can do it. Are you asking everyone at your shows. Are you making sure you share what a great oportunity it is. I think one reason they do this is that your business is a lot stronger if you don't focus on just one part.

Also, a lot of you are asking about what is happening Nov. 5th - 30th. It is customer appretiation month and 5 Host and Consultants EACH DAY will receive a Reversible Bamboo Carving Board and a Forged Cutlery Carving set.

Again, I know the trip sounds hard to earn, but I know if we want it bad enough and really focus on making our businesses what they need to be we can earn it. Also, if it is to easy to earn something, I know I at least, am not as proud of my accomplishment.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My director did say, there's more, something about shows being held between 11-5-08 and 11-30-08 being entered into drawing for awesome prizes, but didn't elaborate, so I'm hoping in the morning she sends us an email and gives more info. on that.

Between Nov 5th - Nov 30th PC will be drawing 50 names each day to give away the reversible bamboo carving board & forged cutlery carving set. You will be able to go online tomorrow and register your shows. You can continue to add show's as you add them to your calendar.:D

lockhartkitchen said:

Here, here!

What you BELIEVE is what you ACHIEVE.

Our directors didn't share that hostess in Jan. could get scraper collection, they said the scrapers were for Past Hostesses. I hope that Jan. hostesses can get that, I know lots of people want scrapers back as 1/2 price specials.

Thanks for sharing what February is, I've got people to call about new year shows and I know February will be bigger draw for me, with them being able to choose anything @ 60% off. Matter of fact, I've got people that I couldn't get dates booked for Cookware, they'll be my first calls.

I'd have to sell more than $3,000 every month to achieve this trip, even if I recruited 5 people and promoted to director.

And I'm sorry ... but $23,000 points and all you get is conference registration? They often have a program to earn this free or half price anyway. What about PC dollars for those who don't go to conference?

Since I've been home, I've also sat down with hubby and figured out what I'd have to sell each month to reach Level 2, and even with points I'd make with recruiting, I'd still need over 41000 pts., and that's over $3000.00 in sales for 13 months (13 because of double points in Jan.) and for me personally that's just not possible. Even when I've sold the most and had 10-13 shows in a month, I've been able to reach that, sometimes, but then my family is not happy with me being gone that many nights/days.

I guess no matter what, you can't please everyone, and I think it's great for everyone who feels they can do it, and WOO HOO for you, but right this moment, I don't see it as possible for me and my family.

Lisa

It's 5 every day for the host appreciation, not 50.

Yes, 5 each day for 25 days, that's what my director said and she said it was an awesome special. She also said, we could start registering our shows today, as it starts for shows on the 5th.

Lisa

Well it will take some work but if it would be easy, everyone could go and how special would that be? Even my new recruit who is signing on Friday is setting goals! At first I was a little disappointed that it was Disney World but after I saw all that would be there and how special everything was, I was sold! I have my DD, SIL, and 2 grandkids but one will be under 2 years old so I think they don't pay for anything. That will be a great reward for helping me achieve my goals! I was not interested in recruiting at all but my goal is one a month... Can I do it? I will sure try!

The January Host Special to get the Scraper Collection at $150 level is great! Why shouldn't the $500 plus shows get the bigger reward? I hope that pushes the Host to try harder! I have heard that this is the month many Hosts really pull out all the stops to do it the best/highest!

I went online first thing when it was obvious my grandson was not interested in going back to sleep and they have not added the link to register shows yet. I told my recruit that would be a good "selling point" to get people to book for her! I currently have 3 Cooking Shows and 3 Catalog Shows booked for November plus my Kids in the Kitchen thing. As soon as they put out the flyer online for us, I am going to get it and email it to all my potential hosts and mine who have already scheduled for this month! My goal is $3,000 this month with is more than my highest month so far of $850. If I say it's impossible, then it is! LET'S GO FOR IT!!

Walt Disney said "If you can dream it, you can do it" SO GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!

Our company has soooo much to offer anyone, at any place in their lives, that recruiting should NOT be difficult for anyone. PC gives us every tool available and you must use them to your fullest~if you keep telling yourself that you can't do it, you won't.

How many people do you think Walt went up against when he had a cute idea for a cartoon character themed amusement park??? He poo-pooed those people and made "the happiest place on Earth" and YOU work for a company that wants to provide a trip for FOUR to that happiest place with all kinds of extras involved!! GO FOR IT!!

I am sooooo happy to get the information from all of you. I attended my NMD and my director was so scattered with the information. We are all sitting taking notes and then she would say, "oh, no it is ..., not ..." and we'd have to start over. Never informed us of the November appreciation special. Hopefully everything will be on CC today in detail.

I do have a question on the Disney trip. It says it is for a family of 4. Does it have to be 2 adults and 2 kids? Can it be 4 adults? I have 8 grandchildren, how am I suppose to pick 2? Would rather take my sister and her husband. I have always earned Level 1 (so I guess 2010 Conference will be FREE for me), but never Level 2. Would love to finally make a trip.

For those who are concerned about the recruiting requirement:

If you are doing enough shows to meet the sales requirements, you are getting up in front of enough people to meet the recruiting requirement. You do need to make a conscious decision to ask everyone about the business opportunity. Take online training courses; take teleclasses; and work with your Director.

You can do this if you want to do this!

My Executive Director lives in Murphy, NC. That is not the most populated place on earth. She has an amazing business.

Time for a little tough love - stop making excuses and just do it!

My family absolutely loves Disney. I cried a little when I saw the trip. It is definitely worth the work. It is a destination that is great for everyone!

The requirement for qualifying recruits for the trip has changed from past years, too. So it's actually EASIER to qualify someone - they can still count for you if they go inactive as long as they reactivate and do $1250.

chefann said:
The requirement for qualifying recruits for the trip has changed from past years, too. So it's actually EASIER to qualify someone - they can still count for you if they go inactive as long as they reactivate and do $1250.

Very good point Ann. Also, the number of points for Consultants and Future Directors went down!

Pampered Chef really wants a lot of people to earn this awesome vacation!

I am very excited about the trip! I think it's awesome that we work for a company that gives us these extra incentives. They don't have to you know. For those of you already complaining that you can't do it or that it's too hard or that the requirements are too high - you haven't even tried yet! You've already decided that you don't want to work for it. Too bad. What's the worst that will happen if you set your goal on the trip and you don't make it? You'll have a better commission check! That's a pretty good reward in and of itself.

If you don't want to work towards the trip - that's fine with me, just don't bring everyone else down that does want it.

lockhartkitchen said:

I totally agree!!! If you want it it will happen!

I have been in the biz 5 years and never signed a recruit and never earned a trip but 2009 is my year baby!!!

I want this trip soooo badly for my family I cannot even tell you! I was in tears watching the video at the meeting.

I will not be arround CS nearly as much except to share ideas. I have found that the negativity & whining is wearing me down. I mean it's your biz & it's up to you to make it happen!!!

Did you know that a handful of consultants who made it to the top 50 event in Chicago were from Iowa and all lived in towns with a population of less than 400! An advanced director in my group was there and told us all about it! Or the Amish lady who had no car and the phone was in the garage!

I'm done complaining! I will work toward what I am offered and be gratful for it!

Director CS Here I come!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
I am very excited about the trip! I think it's awesome that we work for a company that gives us these extra incentives. They don't have to you know. For those of you already complaining that you can't do it or that it's too hard or that the requirements are too high - you haven't even tried yet! You've already decided that you don't want to work for it. Too bad. What's the worst that will happen if you set your goal on the trip and you don't make it? You'll have a better commission check! That's a pretty good reward in and of itself.

If you don't want to work towards the trip - that's fine with me, just don't bring everyone else down that does want it.

Exactly! Don't try to zap the energy from the rest of us!

Disney???? I am SOOOOO Jealous!!!!!!!!! I hope that's our trip too!!! I'd love to take my DD! :D I want to take her when she's a little older, but I would take her at 5 YO if it was curtosy of PC! ;)

pamperedlinda said:

I TOTALLY agree with you 100%! If we work hard we will see benefits! I'm new and am aiming high. I might not make my goal, but I'm sure going to try because it would be an awesome reward on top of the great commissions I will make due to all my efforts! Some things are out of my control. But I can be determined and do my best. If I fall short, I'll be disappointed, but I'll be proud of myself for trying and grateful for what I do achieve! There are great success stories out there. Stay positive and keep focused! Our upbeat attitudes will also draw people to us. If we are negative and downers, it'll come through in our interactions with others. Don't quit before you've even started!

It was pretty amazing!! The theme was all about boarding an airplane, we had a pilot actually come and wear his gear! A lot of props and traveling THEMED items. So much fun we always have a blast!

..............and..................

The Dream Patrol came!! It was so exciting. For those of you who don't know I am on Morfia's team, but we do meetings with David Meenan!! (he is a wonderful person if you never met him!)

Morfia nominated him for recruiting!! It was just amazing, and great to be a part of that!! (Look for us in CN!!)

David was shocked and that was great!! HO people were wonderful too!

lockhartkitchen said:

Yep yep yep!!!! Great ideas!! You can do it!!:thumbup::thumbup:

ChefHarri said:
I know that a lot of people are concerned about the recruiting requirements, but I know you can do it. Are you asking everyone at your shows. Are you making sure you share what a great oportunity it is. I think one reason they do this is that your business is a lot stronger if you don't focus on just one part.

Also, a lot of you are asking about what is happening Nov. 5th - 30th. It is customer appretiation month and 5 Host and Consultants EACH DAY will receive a Reversible Bamboo Carving Board and a Forged Cutlery Carving set.

Again, I know the trip sounds hard to earn, but I know if we want it bad enough and really focus on making our businesses what they need to be we can earn it. Also, if it is to easy to earn something, I know I at least, am not as proud of my accomplishment.

More GREAT advice!!!

P.S. I'm one of those people who sat their when they announced trips in the past and figured I'd NEVER earn a trip. NO way. It seemed so unattainable. Well, having that type of thinking is probably why I didn't earn a trip for the first two years. Here's a suggestion to those open to it-double book one of your months and do twice as many shows as you normally would/could do. It may be a crazy month, but just SEE what it does for your business!! Not to mention your commission check.

vwpamperedchef said:
It was pretty amazing!! The theme was all about boarding an airplane, we had a pilot actually come and wear his gear! A lot of props and traveling THEMED items. So much fun we always have a blast!

..............and..................

The Dream Patrol came!! It was so exciting. For those of you who don't know I am on Morfia's team, but we do meetings with David Meenan!! (he is a wonderful person if you never met him!)

Morfia nominated him for recruiting!! It was just amazing, and great to be a part of that!! (Look for us in CN!!)

David was shocked and that was great!! HO people were wonderful too!

That so cool!!!! What a neat experience to be there for all of that. And how cool that David was shocked! There's probably not much that shocks him any more.:)

I have never done 10 shows in one month. I'm doing it in November because I only need 7505 more points for Miami!!! I could give one flying flip about Miami, but I KNOW this trip will be absolutely amazing with PC!!! I cannot wait to see how they'll pamper us! I teared up watching the video because I could imagine how excited my kiddos would be. I know that if I had gotten down about the Level 2 trip this year and said, "well I just don't care about Miami I'm not going to try" Then Disney would seem impossible now! So, if Disney alone doesn't excite you think about the next trip. Working towards Disney sets you up for achieving the next trip!

This year will be my first earned trip in 5 years. It was the first year I BELIEVED I could do it!! I always said I could, but didn't believe it was possible. In 2009 I will be working towards Level 4!! Is that a stretch for me? HECK YEAH!!

Because of my success this year working on a trip that is ho-hum to me I KNOW I can earn the trip my family would LOVE!!

I was so excited when we found out!! I actually dressed with a Disney shirt on because that's where I wanted it to be. I am going to work my butt off getting this trip! We've been wanting to take our family, but with finances can't afford it, so this is our chance, plus look at all the money made on the way to getting the trip! My husband is also excited about this one!
I plan on amping up my business, this is the push I needed. I have been unmotivated since my surgery and radiation, but this has given me a new boost.
I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed, but remember, even if you don't have young children or have been before, or go often, it's FREE this time and with PC, so you know you'll have a blast.
I really didn't think that the requirements seemed any harder to reach than they are now. But, whatever they are, I'm going for it!! I hope to see all of you there also!!!
Think positive and positive things will happen!!

I cannot WAIT to find out what the Canadian trip is!!! When is the Disney trip for you guys?

My boyfriend isn't so pleased with me being gone so much. I work full-time and I'm doing as many shows as I can possibly cram in right now (I have 5 this week alone). But you know what? He will be very happy when we're both in Aruba celebrating!

The Trip is Scheduled for June, 2010.

June 13-17 2010

Winnipegk said:
I cannot WAIT to find out what the Canadian trip is!!! When is the Disney trip for you guys?

My boyfriend isn't so pleased with me being gone so much. I work full-time and I'm doing as many shows as I can possibly cram in right now (I have 5 this week alone). But you know what? He will be very happy when we're both in Aruba celebrating!

Oh wow that's late! Then conference only a month later?

It's in June so that kids are out of school (that's my theory, anyway).

janezapchef said:
I was so excited about the trip I actually cried. Then I came home and emailed everyone who might be getting me a Christmas present and asked them to give me money instead of gifts so I can go to Leadership. I had completely written off going since flights to Denver from Cleveland aren't really affordable yet. I am more excited about Level 2 than Level 3 for once, except the first timers thing. I am VERY, VERY excited!

Jane, I love this idea and I want to go to Leadership now too. Guess what my cute little 3 year old told me she wanted for Christmas? I have no choice but to earn this trip, if not for my own satisfaction, but seeing my kids excited about it! :D

SO EXCITED!:D

Our theme was like we were taking off in an airplane too...to our new trip destination. We were supposed to come dressed to show where we think we're going. I won wearing my Mickey Mouse shirt & ears.

For those who aren't excited about the January special, just realize that just because you don't like it doesn't mean your hosts won't like it. Plus if they book in January and get a February booking off that, it just means they get double benefits! Don't even talk about February until your January is the way you want it to be. If you focus on February of course your January is going to suck.

I don't get how people aren't excited about extra free product????

Chef Kearns said:
I have never done 10 shows in one month. I'm doing it in November because I only need 7505 more points for Miami!!!

This year will be my first earned trip in 5 years. It was the first year I BELIEVED I could do it!! I always said I could, but didn't believe it was possible. In 2009 I will be working towards Level 4!! Is that a stretch for me? HECK YEAH!!

Because of my success this year working on a trip that is ho-hum to me I KNOW I can earn the trip my family would LOVE!!

This is really important for people to read, and I'm so glad you posted it. So you've never done it? SO WHAT??? It's important to you and you believe it's going to happen. That's what matters.

I've set the insane goal of selling $10,000 in January. Am I nuts? Yes, that's pretty much been established. Can it be done? Well, people do it every month! Are they people that do 2 shows a month? No. The most I've ever sold in one month was $6000, so, it will definitely be a stretch for me. I KNOW I can do it though. And, on the off-chance I reach a little lower, that will still be a HUGE amount!

For the naysayers, look back. I really don't think there has ever been a trip at Level 2 or above that was "easy" to earn! I've had the thought that it's going to be tough EVERY YEAR, and I go home and do the same things I've always done. Hence, I've never earned above level 1. This year, I came home and immediately got to work. Doing what I've always done is going to get me what I've always gotten. You can't expect to be a hobbyist and earn an exclusive trip. I'm sorry, but that's just not a practical expectation! Now, working your tushy off and booking more shows than you've ever done IS going to get it for you!

And, on the believing you can do it, that is sooooo important. Visualize yourself at Disney everyday! I changed my wallpaper on my computer to a picture of Cinderella's castle at WDW and my screensaver to a slideshow of pics of my daughter from when we went to Disney (for one day -- I have about 500 pics:). She asked me yesterday why I changed the things on the computer, and I told her that I did it to remind me to keep working hard so we can go there. That was the best thing I could have done because literally EVERY TIME she sees it, she says, "Mom, remember, you have to keep working hard!" It's like electricity in my veins!

Again, hobbyists can enjoy a lot from this company. I know because I did for about 6 1/2 years. But, just like I didn't enjoy a $1000+ paycheck on a regular basis, I didn't easily earn a trip. I changed HOW I work and got more out of it! If you want more from this, you have to change how you approach it, plain and simple. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just speaking my mind.

Stepping off soapbox.....NOW!

janezapchef said:
This is really important for people to read, and I'm so glad you posted it. So you've never done it? SO WHAT??? It's important to you and you believe it's going to happen. That's what matters.

I've set the insane goal of selling $10,000 in January. Am I nuts? Yes, that's pretty much been established. Can it be done? Well, people do it every month! Are they people that do 2 shows a month? No. The most I've ever sold in one month was $6000, so, it will definitely be a stretch for me. I KNOW I can do it though. And, on the off-chance I reach a little lower, that will still be a HUGE amount!

For the naysayers, look back. I really don't think there has ever been a trip at Level 2 or above that was "easy" to earn! I've had the thought that it's going to be tough EVERY YEAR, and I go home and do the same things I've always done. Hence, I've never earned above level 1. This year, I came home and immediately got to work. Doing what I've always done is going to get me what I've always gotten. You can't expect to be a hobbyist and earn an exclusive trip. I'm sorry, but that's just not a practical expectation! Now, working your tushy off and booking more shows than you've ever done IS going to get it for you!

And, on the believing you can do it, that is sooooo important. Visualize yourself at Disney everyday! I changed my wallpaper on my computer to a picture of Cinderella's castle at WDW and my screensaver to a slideshow of pics of my daughter from when we went to Disney (for one day -- I have about 500 pics:). She asked me yesterday why I changed the things on the computer, and I told her that I did it to remind me to keep working hard so we can go there. That was the best thing I could have done because literally EVERY TIME she sees it, she says, "Mom, remember, you have to keep working hard!" It's like electricity in my veins!

Again, hobbyists can enjoy a lot from this company. I know because I did for about 6 1/2 years. But, just like I didn't enjoy a $1000+ paycheck on a regular basis, I didn't easily earn a trip. I changed HOW I work and got more out of it! If you want more from this, you have to change how you approach it, plain and simple. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just speaking my mind.

AMEN!!!! PC offers a lot of things that a hobbyiest can earn. If you want a trip, guess what, you have to do what it takes to earn it.

janezapchef said:

Well said Jane. This trip has made me want to get off my butt and work my business. We need to cheer each other on and support each other. We ALL can earn any level of this trip if we believe!

And yes, we already knew you were crazy. ;)

Last edited:
chefann said:

i was totally excited to hear this because my only recruit went inactive before even qualifying - although im certain she wasnt a kitnapper. she got a summer internship (in chicago of all places) & has been emailing me back & forth talking about getting back into it. she wants to try it all again after the holidays .... perhaps ill have one qualified recruit by the end of jan?!

vwpamperedchef said:

ours was a mission impossible theme. there were 3 or 4 clusters there & they rented out an old theater. it was actually a little cheesy but the kids seemed to love it (everyone was invited to bring their families along).

susanr613 said:
Warning - downer post!!!

The meeting was GREAT -it was my first with a hospitality director and she did a super job of keeping things on track and acknowledging everyone's efforts. I have to say that the incentive trip does nothing for me, and the requirements shut out a lot of people. I am disappointed - my only motivation to earn the trip is to give DS a nice vacation for a very low cost, as his Bar Mitzvah is that year (and therefore no $$ for trips). I had hoped that the trip would help motivate me to double my sales next year and really get on the ball with recruiting. Now I will have to come up with some other motivational factors.

To everyone who is excited, I am glad you are and wish you much success :)

i was a little bummed too at first. im 23 with no children. we live on the west coast so if we wanted to do a disney trip, we could pop on down to california. i was really hoping for a great hawaiian or mexican trip to take my bf on. but then i started to get into the trip by thinking its a free florida trip for 4. i could take my bf & my little brothers (one of them is 10). so i called my mom on my way home & told her that i could potentially earn a trip for 4 to disneyworld - & if she wanted to be on that plane with me she needed to be selling me to everyone this next year! ;)

i am still fairly new to pc - doing this since march - so i didnt even get a january or february last year. i have also been a full time employee & a full time student for the past few years. ill be graduating with my bachelors on december 13th (WAHOOOOO!!) & i really want to put that extra free time - plus those extra 2 months that i didnt have last year - into my business. it would be awesome if come sept 2009 when i have to quit my full time job to start law school, i had a solid pc career to fall back on..

We were asked to write our ideas on a piece of paper and put it in this very cute black with pink polka dots travel bag. I was the only one to guess Disney World and so I won the bag!!! I was so excited about the bag!!!!

I think it is a trip for 4, not just a trip for a "family of 4". So, those without kids, think who you could take. I told my bro last night (who lives in CO and whose girlfriend I have been trying to recruit) that we could take a big family vacation to Disney in 2010. His gf (who will probably be his wife by then) could take my parents. My other bro and SIL would be the only ones who need to pay. ;)

Everyone is talking about the trip which I think is so awesome. I guessed Disney at my meeting. I do think that thinking in the present I am very excited about the November special. I can't wait to tell my hosts that they are going to get the chance to win something at their show. I believe it is the bamboo cheese board and cutlery set? I am a bit hazy right now. I might even get lucky and have more shows on the books because of it.
Did I say I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF???

Our national meeting did not have a theme. It was the usual cluster meeting with a video of the trip that was it. And she mentioned extra money for hosts in January (did not say levels or how much) but that was it. Nothing was said about scrapers. Nothing said about registering parties. Nothing said about Feb Host specials. Nothing said at all about guest specials. I feel we got pretty robbed in our meeting anyways. It seems there was a lot at our meeting we didn't get the info on :(

lockhartkitchen said:

I agree completely.
One very wise Director-friend of mine (Hi Lori G!!) once shared some very wise words:

"When you know what you want and you want it badly enough, you'll find a way to get it.
So, how badly do you want it??"

Fluffy215 said:
Our national meeting did not have a theme. It was the usual cluster meeting with a video of the trip that was it. And she mentioned extra money for hosts in January (did not say levels or how much) but that was it. Nothing was said about scrapers. Nothing said about registering parties. Nothing said about Feb Host specials. Nothing said at all about guest specials. I feel we got pretty robbed in our meeting anyways. It seems there was a lot at our meeting we didn't get the info on :(
That was how my meeting was last night, too. If I hadn't gotten an email from a director friend, I wouldn't have known about the November Host Appreciation, either. Actually, we didn't even watch the video, now that I think about it.

chefann said:
That was how my meeting was last night, too. If I hadn't gotten an email from a director friend, I wouldn't have known about the November Host Appreciation, either. Actually, we didn't even watch the video, now that I think about it.

That makes me really sad. :(

This is the first cluster meeting (and I was a guest at someone's meeting close to work) I have been to in two years. It made me realize how much I miss them. I hope to be able to make it to more. :)

pamperedpals said:
That makes me really sad. :(

This is the first cluster meeting (and I was a guest at someone's meeting close to work) I have been to in two years. It made me realize how much I miss them. I hope to be able to make it to more. :)

There was some drama about whether we'd even have a meeting at all. The director who ran it was planning to have a regular cluster meeting (later in the month) without mentioning any of the NMD announcements. And that was only the tip of the iceberg.

It just makes me more intentional about promoting so that I can lead my own meetings.

<h2>1. What is the typical format for a NMD meeting?</h2><p>The NMD meeting is typically a fun and low-key event where consultants and their teams gather to discuss upcoming promotions, share tips and strategies, and celebrate achievements. Some directors may also include team building activities or games to make the meeting more engaging.</p><h2>2. Do I need to dress up for the NMD meeting?</h2><p>No, dressing up is not necessary for the NMD meeting. It is meant to be a casual and relaxed event where consultants can feel comfortable and have fun.</p><h2>3. Is there a gift or reward for attending the NMD meeting?</h2><p>It is not mandatory for directors to provide a gift or reward for attending the NMD meeting, but some may choose to do so as a gesture of appreciation for their team's hard work and dedication. This gift can vary from meeting to meeting.</p><h2>4. What topics are typically discussed during the NMD meeting?</h2><p>The NMD meeting usually covers upcoming promotions and specials, as well as strategies for booking and growing business. Directors may also use this time to recognize team members' achievements and share success stories.</p><h2>5. Can you reveal any information about the upcoming trip for NMDs?</h2><p>The details of the upcoming trip for NMDs may vary depending on location and timing, so it is best to wait until all consultants have had their meetings before discussing it. However, based on feedback from consultants who have been to previous trips, it is safe to say that the trip will be an exciting and rewarding experience for those who qualify.</p>

1. What is the typical format for a NMD meeting?

The NMD meeting is typically a fun and low-key event where consultants and their teams gather to discuss upcoming promotions, share tips and strategies, and celebrate achievements. Some directors may also include team building activities or games to make the meeting more engaging.

2. Do I need to dress up for the NMD meeting?

No, dressing up is not necessary for the NMD meeting. It is meant to be a casual and relaxed event where consultants can feel comfortable and have fun.

3. Is there a gift or reward for attending the NMD meeting?

It is not mandatory for directors to provide a gift or reward for attending the NMD meeting, but some may choose to do so as a gesture of appreciation for their team's hard work and dedication. This gift can vary from meeting to meeting.

4. What topics are typically discussed during the NMD meeting?

The NMD meeting usually covers upcoming promotions and specials, as well as strategies for booking and growing business. Directors may also use this time to recognize team members' achievements and share success stories.

5. Can you reveal any information about the upcoming trip for NMDs?

The details of the upcoming trip for NMDs may vary depending on location and timing, so it is best to wait until all consultants have had their meetings before discussing it. However, based on feedback from consultants who have been to previous trips, it is safe to say that the trip will be an exciting and rewarding experience for those who qualify.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sheila