• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Meeting Themes: Dreams Are Just Goals With a Deadline

In summary, last year the conversation focused on using music and visual aids to help consultants think about their dreams and set goals with deadlines. The idea was that a goal is just a dream with a deadline and by breaking down the steps to reach that goal using the 3-2-1 method, consultants could stay focused and motivated. The activity involved writing or drawing dreams on clouds and taking them home as a reminder of their goals and the steps needed to achieve them. This approach was successful and the speaker plans to do it again this year.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
We did this one last year...
Dreaming: play music, lights out, tape clouds up on wall when done, move from Dream to goal "A Goal is just a dream with a deadline" Set a deadline for when you want this goal to happen, (now) do the math to see how 3-2-1 can get you to that deadline and the goal and THE DREAM

Lemme see if I can expand...
I started with a bunch of clouds cut out of white card stock. I had these ready before the meeting. Everyone was told to bring a pillow and their cutest slippers (we did a prize for the cutest slippers)

I lowered the lights and put on a CD of "dream" songs. I had literally googled "dream songs" and then had DH make me a CD of songs about dreaming.

I had everyone put their head on their pillow and just THINK - think about their dreams...dreams that PC could help them reach.

Then lights went back up and I lowered the music a bit and had them write or draw their dream on their cloud.

We then talked about how a GOAL is really just a dream with a deadline. I asked them each to give their dream a deadline. Then we broke down the steps to each that goal/dream/deadline focusing on the fact that every one of them led back to 3-2-1.

Ex:
one gal said "I want to pay off my house by Dec of 2008"
Ok - let's break it down...
you have $xxxxx left to pay off
that breaks down to $xxx per month between now & then
how many shows a month does it take to earn that much per month?
How can I get those shows on my calendar?
By making 3 contacts a day...which will lead me to 2 shows a week...which will lead me to 1 recruit a month...

Each consultant got to take their cloud home and was encouraged to post it up on the wall in their office space.

Every time they looked at it, they were reminded of their dream, their goal, and the steps they needed to take to make it happen.

I'm so glad we did this last year! It really helped me focus and stay motivated throughout the year. I think I might do it again this year with some new goals in mind. Thanks for reminding me!

Every time they looked at it, they were reminded of their dream and the steps they needed to take to make it a reality.

I love this theme! It really emphasizes the power of setting goals and creating a plan to achieve them. The visual of the clouds and the music really set the tone for a reflective and motivational atmosphere. I especially like how you tied it back to our business by breaking down the steps to reach our goals with the 3-2-1 concept. It's a great reminder that every little action we take can lead us closer to our dreams. Thank you for sharing this idea, I will definitely be using it in my next team meeting!

What is the purpose of having a meeting theme?

The purpose of having a meeting theme is to provide a central focus for the meeting and to inspire and motivate attendees. It also helps to create a cohesive and engaging atmosphere.

Why is "Dreams Are Just Goals With a Deadline" a popular meeting theme?

This theme is popular because it emphasizes the importance of setting goals and taking action to achieve them. It also encourages attendees to dream big and work towards their aspirations.

How can I incorporate the "Dreams Are Just Goals With a Deadline" theme into my meeting?

There are several ways to incorporate this theme into your meeting. You can use relevant quotes or images, have a discussion about setting goals and deadlines, and even have attendees share their own dreams and goals.

What are some benefits of using a meeting theme?

Using a meeting theme can help to increase participation and engagement, create a memorable experience, and reinforce key messages. It also adds a fun and creative element to the meeting.

Can I use this meeting theme for different types of meetings?

Yes, this meeting theme can be used for a variety of meetings, such as team meetings, training sessions, and conferences. It can also be adapted to fit different industries and audiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • almondfarm