• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Soap Opera?

In summary, the people in this conversation are experts in their field. They watch different soaps and have different opinions on them. They all enjoy some daytime TV shows, but they all dislike soap operas.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Last night we did a fun little exercise at our meeting.I made a CDLast night we did a fun little exercise at our meeting.
I made a CD of "Dreams" songs - all songs about dreams and dreaming.
I cut out a bunch of clouds out of white cardstock and passed them around. I had everyonelay their head on a pillow while the dream music was playing and the lights were low. I asked them to think about their dreams...the dreams PC can help them fulfill. Then I turned up the lights and had them write them on the clouds in bold marker.
We taped them up on the wall and went around explaining our dream.
THen we talked about "A goal is just a dream with a deadline" and we set deadlines for our dreams...then broke them down Les Hewitt style bringing them all the way back to 3-2-1.
It was GREAT
Everyone took their cloud home and was encouraged to post it on the wall near their workspace!

Ohhh this sounds so cool! I think I want to do this at my September meeting. More details please!!

Oh I LOVE this idea, Carolyn!!! Do you have an outline you can post?

baychef said:
Oh I LOVE this idea, Carolyn!!! Do you have an outline you can post?

I wish I did, but I don't...this is the extent of my notes:

Dreaming: play music, lights out, tape clouds up on wall when done, move from Dream to goal "A Goal is just a dream with a deadline" Set a deadline for when you want this goal to happen, (now) do the math to see how 3-2-1 can get you to that deadline and the goal and THE DREAM

LOL

Lemme see if I can expand...
I started with a bunch of clouds cut out of white card stock. I had these ready before the meeting. Everyone was told to bring a pillow and their cutest slippers (we did a prize for the cutest slippers)

I lowered the lights and put on a CD of "dream" songs. I had literally googled "dream songs" and then had DH make me a CD of songs about dreaming.

I had everyone put their head on their pillow and just THINK - think abou their dreams...dreams that PC could help them reach.

Then lights went back up and I lowered th emusic a bit and had them write or draw their dream on their cloud.

We then talked abou thow a GOAL is really just a dream with a deadline. I asked them each to give their dream a deadline. Then we broke down the steps to each that goal/dream/deadline focusing on the fact that every one of them led back to 3-2-1.

Ex:
one gal said "I want to pay off my house by Dec of 2008"
Ok - let's break it down...
you have $xxxxx left to pay off
that breaks down to $xxx per month between now & then
how many shows a month does it take to earn that much per month?
How can I get those shows on my calender?
By making 3 contacts a day...which will lead me to 2 shows a week...which will lead me to 1 recruit a month...

Each consultant got to take their cloud home and was encouraged to post it up on the wall in their office space.

How did you come up with this idea?

cmdtrgd said:
How did you come up with this idea?

It just came to me when I got home from conference -- I ran it by my AD (with whom I do meetings) and we tweaked it and made it what it is.

Mine is Young and the Restless. I record it every day.

Well I was into MTV's the OC and The Hills.

I used to watch Days of Our Lives and Passions but stopped watching it when my afternoons got busy

I used to watch Days, GH and Y & R but seem too busy these days even to record it or maybe it's that I finally after 34 years grew out of my soap opera watchin phase?? I still like to get updated here and there.

Gosh, for me, my daytime entertainment has been CS, facebook, and one other board. May as well add this place to the list- facebook is starting to bore me. No need for soaps when you have THIS much entertainment!

UGH!!! I hate soaps! But it seems like a lot of network TV is becoming evening soaps, too!

Sorry, I DESPISE Soap Operas!!!!

I think the thing I hate the most is when a character dies off and then comes back as
1. another character
2. the long-lost twin
3. the same character who really didn't die, just everyone thought so

cmdtrgd said:
I think the thing I hate the most is when a character dies off and then comes back as
1. another character
2. the long-lost twin

That is what I like about Y&R, they normally stay dead, ha! That is one of the reason I quit watching Days of Our Lies, that and Marlana being possessed and then excorcised.

jrstephens said:
That is what I like about Y&R, they normally stay dead, ha! That is one of the reason I quit watching Days of Our Lies, that and Marlana being possessed and then excorcised.

Was that a typo or on purpose?

I have loved Guiding Light since HS. I still watch when I can but it comes on at 3 here and that is prime pick up kids from school and do homework time....

What is it that is appealing?

jrstephens said:

I had to take a break from Days when they had that ridiculous story line about Marlena -what a joke! And how many times can Stefano die and come back already!

friday said:
Gosh, for me, my daytime entertainment has been CS, facebook, and one other board. May as well add this place to the list- facebook is starting to bore me. No need for soaps when you have THIS much entertainment!

HA HA...mine has been cs as well!! I watch gh while on cs

heat123 said:
I had to take a break from Days when they had that ridiculous story line about Marlena -what a joke! And how many times can Stefano die and come back already!

which one???? I took a very long break when she was possessed

Nikkijo said:
which one???? I took a very long break when she was possessed

Yeah, that one! Soooo lame!!!!!

I don't record it, but Days is my favorite. If I;m able to, that's when I go on the treadmill.....and watch mindless tv. That's the only way I can justify watching it!!! Sometimes when I put my daughter down for her nap, I'll watch it for a few minutes in my bedroom. But if I'm slightly laying down, I fall asleep!!! I need more sleep! I've watched Days on and off since I was in middle school. There were several years-long stretches that I'd go without watching, but it's funny how quickly you catch up!

heat123 said:
And how many times can Stefano die and come back already!

I know, seriously!!!

pamperedbecky said:
I don't record it, but Days is my favorite. If I;m able to, that's when I go on the treadmill.....and watch mindless tv. That's the only way I can justify watching it!!! Sometimes when I put my daughter down for her nap, I'll watch it for a few minutes in my bedroom. But if I'm slightly laying down, I fall asleep!!! I need more sleep! I've watched Days on and off since I was in middle school. There were several years-long stretches that I'd go without watching, but it's funny how quickly you catch up!

Me too, I started watching Days when I was in 7th or 8th grade then eventually graduated to Y & R and GH (more realistic storylines so to speak).

I, too, watch Days although I've given up on it in the last few months - I've watched it since I was a kid (probably grade school age) - my mom is a die hard Days watcher as well which is where I got it. The good thing about the soaps is don't worry about your fave being killed off - they'll be back eventually and you can quit watching for a couple of years and the same storyline will be on still! I actually loved the Salem Killer storyline where they were offing all the characters - that was some entertaining tv!

I don't watch soaps anymore. Gave them up about 10 years ago. I used to be obsessed with All My Children, One Life To Live, and General Hospital. I loved them, but as with all soaps, you can watch them a month or so every 10 years and you are caught back up because it is the same story line over and over. I quit watching them because they are not good moral programs. I know, I know, its just tv, but I really believe that watching that stuff over and over can keep you bound and keep you from growing spiritually. Really, how many men can Erica sleep with? How many times can Asa destroy his family? How many times can the Sonny kill his competition? There are enough affairs, killings, drug dealers, and conniving business people in the real world. I don't need to watch it on tv.

I have actually given up most tv. I watch 3 shows and sometimes I even have to turn them off because of the language or sexual content. I don't know why they think we want to watch that junk. I am just as happy watching I Love Lucy.

cmdtrgd said:
Was that a typo or on purpose?

HA! Tht's so funny! It ws a typo but oh so true! I guess my fingers were wanting the truth to come out!!! HA!:D

cmdtrgd said:
1. another character
2. the long-lost twin

I agree with you on this...

I don't have time to watch Soaps because of my work hours and I have thought about taping them but I never watch what I tape anyway...but I like General Hospital and my sister gets Soap Digest so I read about it in there...I would like to tape Days and only watch the scenes with Constantine in them...(he is on Days right??)

chefheidi2003 said:
scenes with Constantine in them...(he is on Days right??)

I don't know who that is, so I'm assuming it's not Days.

I stopped watching soaps years ago, but I love Gilmore girls and I feel like that was a soap sometimes. They always ended it on a good part every week...

I have been a Days fan ever since I can remember (my mom used to watch it and she still does). I have met and have autographs of Peter Reckell and Calliope!!

I watch Passions but haven't watched it since it moved to Directv (not sure when it is on).

Sharisse

Y & R for me and I LOVE As the World Turns

I don't like that they are trying to kill off Carly

~

General Hospital, although I'm a little behind on it. They have been piling up on my DVR the last couple weeks. I've just been so busy.

I used to watch Days until it got really weird. Now I watch it once in a while.

momoftwins said:
I watch Passions but haven't watched it since it moved to Directv (not sure when it is on).

Sharisse

They moved it? Didn't know that. No offense but I HATE this show!!!!!!!!!! From the first day it started, I cannot even stand to have it on for a minute!

cmdtrgd said:
1. another character
2. the long-lost twin

Which is basically EVERY time. They ALWAYS come back to life!! I get annoyed when someone "supposedly" dies because I know that they will just bring them back eventually.

pamperedbecky said:
I don't know who that is, so I'm assuming it's not Days.

OOPS...I just googled it and he is on Bold and the Beautiful.

I watch Y&R. That's the only one I watch, though.

I love All My Children and As the World Turns! However, I don't usually have time to watch them much anymore.... but I too hate that Carly is "sick"....

I watch Y&R, B&B, and sometimes ATWT...btw, Carly isn't dying......

I have been watching General Hospital for about 20 years. I have to say I have been behind the last few weeks. I have been watching the Red Sox and as I am on here they are in game 6 of the ALCS. They are up 10 to 1 going into the 4th inning, I am so excited!!!! I hope they can keep it up and win tonight and tomorrow night to get to they World Series again!!!!

I don't watch soap operas. I used to watch Guiding Light when I was still living at home about 18+ years ago. I've watched a few others here and there over the years, but since having kids I haven't watched much. I really can't remember the last time or what I watched.

pcchris said:
I watch Y&R, B&B, and sometimes ATWT...btw, Carly isn't dying......

I haven't been able to watch in a bit... yay! Now she just needs Jack back!
I am so glad you watch too Chris!

Does anyone know what the illness is that Carly on ATWT has? I missed it and now I have no idea what is making her "sick"

Carissidy said:
Does anyone know what the illness is that Carly on ATWT has? I missed it and now I have no idea what is making her "sick"

It was at first a terminal brain tumor.....now the doc realized he misdiagnosed the situation, and Carly's not dying. She hasn't told Jack yet....I don't think...but they went "bowling" last week. Shame shame!!!

pcchris said:
It was at first a terminal brain tumor.....now the doc realized he misdiagnosed the situation, and Carly's not dying. She hasn't told Jack yet....I don't think...but they went "bowling" last week. Shame shame!!!

LOL Thats awesome! But what is her new diagnosis?

Carissidy said:
LOL Thats awesome! But what is her new diagnosis?

She's going to be fine..............but Brad knows, and I think he's going to tell Katie. Katie is supposedly going to figure out that Carly and Jack went bowling...poor Katie. She can't catch a break. She should just get married to Henry and be done with it....JMHO!!

Related to What's Your Favorite Soap Opera?

1. What is the purpose of the "Dreams" exercise at the meeting?

The purpose of the "Dreams" exercise is to encourage members to think about their personal dreams and how Pampered Chef can help them fulfill those dreams.

2. How did you prepare for the "Dreams" exercise?

I prepared for the "Dreams" exercise by creating a CD of songs about dreams and cutting out clouds for members to write their dreams on.

3. How did the exercise work?

The exercise involved playing dream music, having members lay their heads on a pillow, and writing their dreams on the clouds. These clouds were then taped up on the wall and discussed with the group.

4. What was the main message of the exercise?

The main message of the exercise was "A goal is just a dream with a deadline." Members were encouraged to set deadlines for their dreams and break them down into achievable steps.

5. What did members do with their clouds after the meeting?

Members were encouraged to take their clouds home and post them near their workspace as a reminder of their dreams and goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • janetupnorth