• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Did You Receive the Email from Jean Jonas About the Upcoming Conference Call?

A
analisanna
Did everyone get the email from Jean Jonas today about the very important conference call on Feb. 28th? What do you think this is about?

Suzy in Texas

Maybe she's going to announce the date of the new web launch? :confused:

or clarify the rumor about everyone getting HO leads :confused:

I figured it has to do with the web launch when I read it.

I would be very careful about posting anything about the phone call on here. I really think the original poster should remove the whole thread. It was pretty clear that it wasn't supposed to be discussed on ANY loops and this one's out there for everyone to see :bugeye: Not even behind the apron...Hopefully I'm just being extra cautious :confused:

especially since HO monitors this--even Behind the Apron. I know this for a fact.

My apologies-I am so sorry. Please let me know how to remove this post.

Suzyengl said:
My apologies-I am so sorry. Please let me know how to remove this post.

No worries... you didn't divulge any info about the call... you just mentioned there is going to be one. No biggie. :)

I'm in the call but just getting a weird recording... :confused:

me too.. someone finally came on the line and asked the access number then put me back into a hold

what do you all think of the announcements?

Bummed I missed the call. I got distracted by my day job and just called in a few minutes ago for questions - so listening to those to see if I catch up at all .

I think they are all pretty good. Not sure about the $500 for 2nd G D's though... I'll have to think that through once I see it in black and white to see how I feel...

finley1991 said:
Not sure about the $500 for 2nd G D's though... I'll have to think that through once I see it in black and white to see how I feel...
I think it is huge. I love that we get a $500 bonus when a 2nd line promotes. I work a lot with my downline director's team. It will keep me motivated to do more.

I am very bummed about direct shipping charges on replacement party. I can't imagine telling someone they need to pay $8.75 for the egg slicer plus wires.

are the direct shipping charges just on non-commissionable orders? Nothing has changed with commissionable orders, right?

Shoot! Totally forgot:cry: - spent the afternoon making a place for, and then moving a new piano into the house...:clap:

Can someone enlighten me on the announcements? :eek:

cookingwithlove said:
I think it is huge. I love that we get a $500 bonus when a 2nd line promotes. I work a lot with my downline director's team. It will keep me motivated to do more.

I am very bummed about direct shipping charges on replacement party. I can't imagine telling someone they need to pay $8.75 for the egg slicer plus wires.

Or $2.50 worth of Prep Bowl Lids -- the item I get most often. I thought about stocking up on them, but I'm not excited about tying up money with stuff that sits in my garage. I guess we can add it to our cart when we order supplies, but most of the time we would have to turn around and pay shipping again to get it to the customer.

Sandi

cookingwithlove said:

Shipping would be $4.75 for that (one set). I don't like it either. What I will do is tell them what the shipping is and they can decide if they want it right now or when I place the next order (which is not every month). Depending on if they are a great customer or a stranger I might still charge them $2 shipping to cover my shipping to get it to them. I understand why they have to do this but it hurts after we have all been so spoiled - I know my customers thought I was the best when I told them no shipping and direct to you.

...hmmm I think I will make the suggestion that they let customers order replacements on a SHOW order (I'm sure they can mark it as not counting toward show sales - they can now with the past host 60% off item). Often people say they want to add the replacement item to what they're getting so that would simplify somethings. That's the big thing. They don't want to pay shipping for their order and they sure won't want to pay a separate shipping for a replacement.

LOVE this idea!! That would be great and make everyone happy!

Sandi

Because I did not know where to send it, I sent this to Jean:

Thank you for taking time to update us on the exciting and changing news. While nobody wants to increase shipping, I understand why we are doing it. I can understand increasing consultant shipping on supply, personal and sample orders. However, I feel The Pampered Chef should reconsider the shipping charges on replacement parts. I feel that the free shipping, directly to the customer was one example of our incredible customer services. Many customers are just are looking for inexpensive fixes to their products, ie, prep bowl lid, garlic press cleaners, egg slicer plus wires. It will be very difficult to look someone in the eye and say that a garlic press cleaning tool will be $7.25; $4.75 of which is shipping. It looks like we are making a profit on the shipping. While I know we pride ourselves on not inflating our prices to hide the hidden costs, perhaps we can consider doing something like this for our replacement parts to keep the cost down for the customer. I foresee many unpleasant conversations with my loyal customers. I also foresee that I will either spend money out of my pocket to cover the cost of some of the shipping or waiting to place replacement orders once a month, ship them to me and then spend the whole day driving around Portland Oregon and surrounding areas to deliver them.

Another thought…. With the new web ordering, perhaps there is a way we can added replacement parts to a show order, but not have it affect the Host Rewards.

finley1991 said:
I think they are all pretty good. Not sure about the $500 for 2nd G D's though... I'll have to think that through once I see it in black and white to see how I feel...

I didn't get out of work in time. What is this a one time thing or every month? Anything else announced?

trps said:
I didn't get out of work in time. What is this a one time thing or every month? Anything else announced?
One time thing. For new promotes going forward; not awarded on re-promotes.Here are my notes:Shipping on non-commission orders: We will be able to lump personal, replacement part and sample orders in one order. Supply orders and kit enhancement are separate. (Currently there are 7 kinds of NC orders... now there will be 3). Shipping rates are like they are on the sample order form for spring products. Pampered Perks are adding Apple.
2% discount on iPads
10% discount on iPods
10% discount on accessories
8% discount on MacBooks
20% discount on AppleCare warranty
Free engraving and free shippingDale Carnegie Training added to Professional Development vendors.Director Benefits Boxes will include ALL of the new season samples unless it's a whole line roll-out (like the simple additions were this time, or if it's something like a new cookware line, etc.) Two ways to earn: Sell $1250 in 3 of the 4 qualifying months as listed in the Consultant Policy Guide or a total of $5k in the 4 months combined.Build Wide AND Deep: One time $500 bonus when a 2nd Gen D is promoted.I'm sure others will correct and/or add anything I might have missed. HTH!

Not sure about the $500 for 2nd G D's though... I'll have to think that through once I see it in black and white to see how I feel...
what would be the downside to this?

PamperedK said:
what would be the downside to this?

Some D's who are promoting their own D's feel that their D's aren't much help... so handing the non-helping D's (like a SD or higher) $500 when they haven't helped can be a punch in the gut.

For example:
Linda is Colleen's D. Colleen works her tail off and helps Cassie promote to D. Linda is an MIA director who has ZERO contact with Cassie. When Cassie becomes a D, Linda is handed a $500 bonus.

For me personally, it doesn't matter... My D is an NED so whatevs. But I know so many who's D's do NOTHING.

Regardless, HO has their reasons...

oh ok. I didn't really think of it that way. I'm working super hard to promote 2 2nd Gen Directors so I'm happy about this change. :)

finley1991 said:
Some D's who are promoting their own D's feel that their D's aren't much help... so handing the non-helping D's (like a SD or higher) $500 when they haven't helped can be a punch in the gut.

For example:
Linda is Colleen's D. Colleen works her tail off and helps Cassie promote to D. Linda is an MIA director who has ZERO contact with Cassie. When Cassie becomes a D, Linda is handed a $500 bonus.

For me personally, it doesn't matter... My D is an NED so whatevs. But I know so many who's D's do NOTHING.

Regardless, HO has their reasons...

Yes, but I know of many examples that are the reverse. Where a downline promotes and is still very much dependent upon the upline. So the upline work her tail off and promotes a 2nd generation, because this is the only way we can promote. That upline should get rewarded.

Question: What do we get for promoting a 1st line? I just can't remember and I don't want to look.

cookingwithlove said:
Question: What do we get for promoting a 1st line? I just can't remember and I don't want to look.

Warm fuzzies. :veryfunny:

finley1991 said:
Warm fuzzies. :veryfunny:

You're funny :D!!! That's what I thought, but there have been so many changes I wasn't sure!

I totally forgot about this call today! Oops!!!

Me too. I got so involved with trying to finish up everything with heading to TN that I never even gave it thought until I saw a FB post...which sent me immediately here. :)

Thanks for posting the info. I totally forgot about the call. Wish they would have e-mailed us a replay # for those who missed it. :(

flemings99 said:
Thanks for posting the info. I totally forgot about the call. Wish they would have e-mailed us a replay # for those who missed it. :(

Barb...I work full time and I constantly miss many calls so I love your suggestion. :)

A teammate of mine said they did mention they'd send out a replay# but I haven't seen that yet.

There were lots of questions asked at the end that they didn't have answers for. Maybe they will post the replay once they have had a chance to come up with answers.

Sandi

1. Did You Receive the Email from Jean Jonas About the Upcoming Conference Call?

Yes, I did receive the email from Jean Jonas about the upcoming conference call. It was sent out to all employees on our company email list.

2. Did Everyone Get the Email from Jean Jonas Today about the Very Important Conference Call on Feb. 28th?

Yes, everyone on the company email list should have received the email from Jean Jonas today about the conference call on Feb. 28th. If you did not receive it, please check your spam or junk folder.

3. What Do You Think This Is About?

I cannot say for certain, but based on the subject line of the email and the date of the conference call, it is likely an important company announcement or update. We will all find out more information on Feb. 28th.

4. Who is Jean Jonas?

Jean Jonas is a senior executive at Pampered Chef and is responsible for organizing and leading company-wide conference calls and meetings.

5. How Can I Prepare for the Conference Call on Feb. 28th?

It would be a good idea to review any previous company updates or announcements and come prepared with any questions or concerns you may have. Additionally, make sure to have a pen and paper ready to take notes during the call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedlinda