• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director soWhat Is the Call on the 2Nd Going to Be About?

In summary, everyone is speculating about what the email about the conference call on the 2nd of December is about. Some believe it is going to be a rah-rah call to kick off the New Year, while others think it might be related to revisions of the Career Plan, and some even think it might be an announcement of a Christmas gift or trip. Some people are concerned that announcing the trip in January could cause those who have never earned one before to fall behind on getting on track. There were also questions about why not everyone received the email invitation and why they might not announce trips in December.
I was tempted several times but my team came through every 2-3 months. One month I did give someone on an SC team an order but turned out it wasn't needed. I hated the pay cut on those many TL months but the thing that irked me the most was when two consultants qualified in a month that one of the chosen ones said she was submitting but didn't. Even the bonus is paid according to "performed as" - so not cool. I know it was just $5 each but it really upset me that they even took that. I tried every month to encourage them to submit and still will but I hated that underlying it was for me. Uggg...

is it March yet??

bethcooks4u said:
I was tempted several times but my team came through every 2-3 months. One month I did give someone on an SC team an order but turned out it wasn't needed. I hated the pay cut on those many TL months but the thing that irked me the most was when two consultants qualified in a month that one of the chosen ones said she was submitting but didn't. Even the bonus is paid according to "performed as" - so not cool. I know it was just $5 each but it really upset me that they even took that. I tried every month to encourage them to submit and still will but I hated that underlying it was for me. Uggg...

is it March yet??

:party::sun::party: March IS COMING!!! :party::sun::party:

baychef said:
I can't wait till the new plan starts!!

Me too!!!! No more EOM wondering!!!!!!

I want to go to bed. Will they just PLEASE make the announcement already! LOL

I have been thinking long and hard about how to respond to some of this. Before I dropped back to director, I had a couple of months where I submitted 150 for one of my downline director's teams. After the 2nd time it wore on me, it was stressful, and I realized I needed to rebuild the rest of my organization and come to a point where one person qualifying/ not wouldn't make or break me. I think that is what sucked about the plan.... it could come down to a simple submission of 150 that could literally affect the pay of not just my downline, but my upline all the way up. *I* didn't want to be the one to cause my director not to meet her qualifications. And I have high sales each month- 150 was a drop in the bucket so it wasn't a total huge deal. However, I did not want to continue that pattern so once I knew there were others in place I let her fall back on her own. She 12 or 13 total in her downline, so I love that the new plan will allow her to qualify with little effort on her part even.
I see why people have submitted sales for their teams... especially if it was a 150 show meaning the difference of 250 or 300 - and if you were dropping back to TL it's more like 500-700. That's a huge hit when you depend on that $$ each month.
What I don't get is why someone admits to doing it- to Jean Freakin Jonas!!! Duh!

beckyjsmith said:
What I don't get is why someone admits to doing it- to Jean Freakin Jonas!!! Duh!

I think people talked about that just as much as they talked about the real reason for the call!!!!! :D

It's taken me a few days to process the reality of it... after I got over my original excitement. And I'm still excited and I'm excited for my business!

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks when it's announced today! I'm sure CS is going to be BUZZING! Since I'm not on there anymore, I'm counting on those of you who are to fill me in on the juiciest comments!!!! :rolleyes:

She probably doesn't realize that she shouldn't be doing that. I bet her upline would flip if they had been on the call or heard it in a playback!

Speaking of the call, people were saying thank you for a gift. What gift? I mail is so freaking delayed over here! None of my team has even gotten the little Wahoo Recruiting Club gifts yet much less an end of the year thing.

A consultant has already spilled the beans that her Director called & a big announcement will be made today. Some are getting upset that they are being teased before the announcement. :(

Luckily no one has posted WHAT it's about yet.

I think they meant gift figuratively...... of how directorship is figured

dannyzmom said:
Would you mind sharing that email (minus your $$ numbers of course) so I can follow your format and share my #s with my team?

Would you share that with me as well?

Sheila said:
None of my team has even gotten the little Wahoo Recruiting Club gifts yet much less an end of the year thing.

Want me to send you the pack of gum wrapped in a white cardboard with WAHOO on it? I almost sent it back and said...save the postage and the cost of this...just tack it onto my commission check. I liked the post cards better. They gave me a chuckle at least!!

Sign me Miss Ungrateful!!!:(

baychef said:
Want me to send you the pack of gum wrapped in a white cardboard with WAHOO on it? I almost sent it back and said...save the postage and the cost of this...just tack it onto my commission check. I liked the post cards better. They gave me a chuckle at least!!

Sign me Miss Ungrateful!!!:(

Pack of gum? Was that the November gift? Seriously? ...and I complained about the smiley pen.

Sheila said:
A consultant has already spilled the beans that her Director called & a big announcement will be made today. Some are getting upset that they are being teased before the announcement. :(

Luckily no one has posted WHAT it's about yet.

It's unbelieveable the way they're complaining about "being teased". Ugg. You would think they'd be brainstorming like we all did for the week before we had our call.

...and then someone started a thread about guessing the trip destination. I'm surprised they aren't complaining about that too - after all someone knows.

bethcooks4u said:
It's unbelieveable the way they're complaining about "being teased". Ugg. You would think they'd be brainstorming like we all did for the week before we had our call.

...and then someone started a thread about guessing the trip destination. I'm surprised they aren't complaining about that too - after all someone knows

Maybe you should go in that thread and suggest that you know where the trip is....that would really get under some skin!! It would be fun to watch the fireworks fly then!!

DebChefIA said:
Maybe you should go in that thread and suggest that you know where the trip is....that would really get under some skin!! It would be fun to watch the fireworks fly then!!

LOL! :devil:

Let me guess... some of the guesses are for places we'll NEVER go, right?

DebChefIA said:

bahahahahaha!!!!:devil:

Love it, Deb!

DebChefIA said:

Oh, sure... I start enough fireworks over there without doing it on purpose. lol

...but it is tempting. :devil:

DebChefIA said:

Oh that would be great!

cookingwithlove said:
Oh that would be great!

I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!! I KNOW where the destination is!!!!

Just kidding! :D

finley1991 said:
LOL! :devil:

Let me guess... some of the guesses are for places we'll NEVER go, right?

Funny enough, most are for places we've been recently. DC, Miami, cruise...no one has suggested anything new.

No one knows me over there except one of my TL's who knows my humor....maybe I'll start a rumor that I heard from a credible source that we're going somewhere we've never been and that I'll get fired if I tell more. That should get them going!!:devil: Some people just beg to be messed with!

I never even got my october gift. Most of my team got theirs. I am ok with it. I do know something about the trip. Not where it is but about requirements. Kathy thought they told everyone. I don't think they did.

DebChefIA said:
Funny enough, most are for places we've been recently. DC, Miami, cruise...no one has suggested anything new.

No one knows me over there except one of my TL's who knows my humor....maybe I'll start a rumor that I heard from a credible source that we're going somewhere we've never been and that I'll get fired if I tell more. That should get them going!!:devil: Some people just beg to be messed with!

HAHA! Tell them that because of the recession, PC is scaling WAY back and next year's trip is to Detroit!!!!!!!

In January!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

PamperedK said:
Would you share that with me as well?

If you provide an e-mail address. ;)

beckyjsmith said:
I never even got my october gift. Most of my team got theirs. I am ok with it. I do know something about the trip. Not where it is but about requirements. Kathy thought they told everyone. I don't think they did.

You know you guys are probably going to have to give me the scoop for my meeting, right? I doubt seriously that I'll have the DVD in time to do a meeting here! :(

finley1991 said:
I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!! I KNOW where the destination is!!!!

Just kidding! :D

Do it, I triple dog dare you! (love A Christmas Story)

bethcooks4u said:
Pack of gum? Was that the November gift? Seriously? ...and I complained about the smiley pen.

yes, I got a pack of gum, too.

finley1991 said:
HAHA! Tell them that because of the recession, PC is scaling WAY back and next year's trip is to Detroit!!!!!!!

In January!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

LOVE it!!! They are about to combust over there regarding who has and hasn't gotten the Career Plan Change email. I might get lost in the shuffle. Maybe wait until this dies down in 24 and then stir, stir, stir it up again.

My mom always said I should work for Maytag...b/c as a girl, I liked to agitate people.

DebChefIA said:
LOVE it!!! They are about to combust over there regarding who has and hasn't gotten the Career Plan Change email. I might get lost in the shuffle. Maybe wait until this dies down in 24 and then stir, stir, stir it up again.

My mom always said I should work for Maytag...b/c as a girl, I liked to agitate people.

I think i love you

I love my smiley pen! I think it is cute. Gum, I like gum so I chewed it. I don't have a mouse so I didn't need it, so it went in my business basket for my team. So what do you want them to do instead? I like that they are recognizing those that recruit and not just those with recruits that qualify. It should be about recognizing the effort. That is what I am trying to do with my team.

I got the gum and i recruited 2 people over the weekend. :) What is the December gift? Do we get one for each recruit?

Great. I recruited 3 in Nov, but due to a jaw injury, I can't chew gum! LOL

It's the moment, not the memento.... :D

finley1991 said:

In January!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

That is evil.

I just drove through roads that were covered with a foot of lake-effect snow (seriously - I was two-tracking down main roads) to get to and from a show. :yuck:
It's only December 6th.

But hey - at least it's qualified as a show (4 guests, $160 in sales so far...and a booking for JANUARY 6!!!)

But I like Detroit...I know someone there I would love to visit with!! How about Fargo, ND in February...just in case they have a January thaw?

We have several small towns & cities here in NY that are named after diffferent countries...Antwerp, Greece, Poland, etc. They all would be delightful destinations!!

Paris, Texas has what? One red light???

Sheila said:
Paris, Texas has what? One red light???
No silly. Paris, TN.. Home of the World's Biggest Fish Fry! Now THAT is a trip worth earning.. Wahoooo!

No.. Paris, MO. I've been there. It's lovely.

beckyjsmith said:
No silly. Paris, TN.. Home of the World's Biggest Fish Fry! Now THAT is a trip worth earning.. Wahoooo!

You know...my hubby would probably really go for that. Seriously. So, let's not suggest it, 'Kay?:eek:

PamperedK said:
I sent you a message with my email! :blushing:

You have MAIL! ;)

yes, I got a pack of gum, too.

Yeah, I got that--my husband was like "umm...are budgets really THAT tight?", LOL. Actually what he said was "oh goody--we can chew this on the way to the scotch tape store to shop!"

(that's kind of a running joke in our family--when someone gets something small they don't understand we talk about going to the scotch tape store)

I would have been paid as a Director last month under the new plan!Also, I was $103 away from the $3k level of sell a thon and didn't know it because of the Cyber Monday free shipping sale and online activity emails not coming in a timely manner. Ugh!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
I would have been paid as a Director last month under the new plan!

Also, I was $103 away from the $3k level of sell a thon and didn't know it because of the Cyber Monday free shipping sale and online activity emails not coming in a timely manner. Ugh!!!!!

Ugh! That's painful! My director had almost $300 in surprise sales Cyber Monday. She had no idea until 2 days later.

The BRIGHT spot is that when you re-promote to director, you'll get the Director's Box from Sellathon! :sun:

Chefbeckyd said:
Ugh! That's painful! My director had almost $300 in surprise sales Cyber Monday. She had no idea until 2 days later.

The BRIGHT spot is that when you re-promote to director, you'll get the Director's Box from Sellathon! :sun:

Oooooh, I forgot about the Director's box!

<h2>What Is the Call on the 2nd Going to Be About?</h2><p>The call on the 2nd is going to be about our plans and updates for the year 2011. It will also cover any important announcements and changes within the company.</p><h2>Did you get the email today about the call on the 2nd?</h2><p>Yes, all employees should have received an email regarding the call on the 2nd. If you did not receive it, please check your spam folder or contact your supervisor for more information.</p><h2>What news is going to be given about 2011?</h2><p>During the call on the 2nd, our CEO will be sharing our goals and plans for the upcoming year. This will include updates on new product releases, marketing strategies, and any changes in company policies.</p>

Related to soWhat Is the Call on the 2Nd Going to Be About?

What Is the Call on the 2nd Going to Be About?

The call on the 2nd is going to be about our plans and updates for the year 2011. It will also cover any important announcements and changes within the company.

Did you get the email today about the call on the 2nd?

Yes, all employees should have received an email regarding the call on the 2nd. If you did not receive it, please check your spam folder or contact your supervisor for more information.

What news is going to be given about 2011?

During the call on the 2nd, our CEO will be sharing our goals and plans for the upcoming year. This will include updates on new product releases, marketing strategies, and any changes in company policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• analisanna
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DuenFounnyHok
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • twinchefs