• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jean Jonas' Conference Challenge

In summary, if you haven't emailed Jean Jonas yet, you should do so soon. If you have already emailed her and it hasn't reached 3000 people, there is a chance that there will be no drawing for the 15 lucky winners of a GPS system.
Gina M
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

Just on CC and saw that we are only up to 1303 for the amount of people who have emailed Jean Jonas since conference. If it doesn't reach 3000 people by August 15th - there will be no drawing for 15 lucky winners of a GPS system - so if you haven't emailed her yet - do so soon!

Well I might be able to if it wasn't limited to Conference attendees. Bummer for me I guess.

I guess a lot of conference attendees (myself included) get all pumped up in Chicago, but then when they return to their regular grind at home, old habits return and people go back to normal. Kinda makes you wonder how much of what is taught at conference is applied back home, and what percentage is just deleted from short term memory to make room for Big Brother and The Bachelor (or whatever other reality tripe is being served by the networks this summer) I'm not saying National Conference is worthless, but I suspect the ones that get the most out of it are the ones that are already motivated before they even go to conference. Just my opinion...

Mine is done and sent in a couple weeks ago....

Get yours in!!

I just checked and this is what I saw:

Number of entries to date: 1312

Jean has to have all entries in before Aug. 15th!!!!

My director sent out a "blerb" to everyone so I went on and submitted the count was up to 1283 last night. I in turn send it out to the three others that went with me.

Does this mean that out of all of our consultants nation wide that only 3,000 attend conference? I thought that there were more than 1,000 per conference.

You know.. I find it hard to believe that is ALL that has responded. I have submitted my response 3 times.. not to get the count up lol but because the first time, I got a message that my session had timed out and I needed to try again later after I logged on. I thought about it and decided to try it agian. It happened again. It said I was timed out. So I wrote to PC and told them of the problem. I saved the info this last time.. and I just tried one more time. It did not take time to type it since it was already typed.. just pasted and sent.. and I got the message they rec'd it. I wonder if anyone else is having that same problem.. or even think they sent it and it glitched. The last time I got a window that said what date they recieved it. They may have 3 copies too LOL Just curious. The count seems very low for responders.

I just did mine - 1316.

I don't mean to be a negative nellie, but I don't think we are going to make it. It's taken this long and we're not even half-way (1500). Do you think people just aren't checking their email? I know I received the email and it was in the PC Newswire? Don't we have to reach 3,000 by the 15th?

We're moving up! I just submitted mine - 1492. There are still two days left to submit!

I guess I don't understand the assignment....:(

I was #1495.

Thanks for the reminder!! I just did mine and I was #1508!!:)

we're supposed to submit a piece on how we are helping the community...what's that supposed to mean? doing fundraisers?

Good question! I didn't know how to answer that, either. Does it mean in general, or via Pampered Chef. I mean, I have a foster son that I support (without government assistance). Does that count as helping the community???

susanr613 said:
we're supposed to submit a piece on how we are helping the community...what's that supposed to mean? doing fundraisers?

Exactly, and I think that's the main reason that people aren't responding to the survey. The rules say: Winners must have attended National Conference 2008, served their community through their Pampered Chef® business

How have you served your community through your PC business? Of course, they already list as examples the things that we are each doing that come with the territory: "Our business allows motivated individuals to earn extra income with a flexible schedule.
Our Cooking Shows provide hands-on experience and practical solutions for family mealtime.
Our budget-friendly recipes teach others how to feed their families conveniently and affordably.
Our products help families get dinner on the table quickly and affordably, and offer the long-term value of best-in-class warranties."

I'm sure some of you do have amazing stories of how you've changed lives or raised money for good causes, but if you don't have something specific to report, it seems pointless (or does to me, anyhow.)

By the way, I was #1527 earlier today.

those of you wo have submitted, what did you submit? I'm just clueless here

Here's the email that Jean Jonas sent out to everyone WHO ATTENDED NATIONAL CONFERENCE.

Dear Conference Attendee,

Congratulations on attending National Conference 2008! It was a very exciting conference filled with fabulous, Fall products, awesome promotions and informative workshops.

At National Conference, I challenged you to send me your stories describing how you have served your community with your Pampered Chef® Shows. Now more than ever, people need The Pampered Chef®.

Our business allows motivated individuals to earn extra income with a flexible schedule.
Our Cooking Shows provide hands-on experience and practical solutions for family mealtime.
Our budget-friendly recipes teach others how to feed their families conveniently and affordably.
Our products help families get dinner on the table quickly and affordably, and offer the long-term value of best-in-class warranties.
I’m so excited to hear about how you are changing lives and helping others through your business! In fact, if I hear from at least 3,000 of you by Aug. 15, we'll hold a drawing for some exciting prizes. Fifteen lucky winners will receive a Garmin Global Positioning System (GPS)!

Plus, if I hear from all National Conference attendees, we'll draw three additional winners. Each will receive a $1,000 gas card!

This challenge is only open to National Conference attendees, click here to visit Consultant’s Corner and submit your story by Aug. 15 to be included in the drawing. I can’t wait to hear from you!

Best wishes,
Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President, Sales

There are a few responses in the "where are we supposed to send" thread.

Number 1580----still have a ways to go!

I wrote that I was able to do a fundraiser in my community for our American Cancer Society chairperson in our area and how I was able to demo products, talk about the business opportunity and provide families with budget friendly, delicious meals. That's it, nothing extravagant. I think anything you write would be fine. Even something like this...

I enjoy being able to share the Pampered Chef with my community. At my shows I always talk about ______ (fill it in). Serving in my community by being a Pampered Consultant gives me the opportunity to help people learn how to make family meal time easy, affordable, and doable.

I was 1584! Come on we can do this!!

I was 1585 at 9:12 am. We still have a long way to go.

1641! Let's keep going!

COME on people! Get your story in!!:D

Reminder to get this done TODAY! I just wrote about how I donated a piece of stoneware to a fundraiser raffle for a boy born with a heart defect. EVERYONE has a story.

Even something simple as promoting the Round-up program helps people in your community!

It's probably on here or I could look in my newsletter, but I'm going to ask anyway, what is her e-mail address?

MissChef said:
It's probably on here or I could look in my newsletter, but I'm going to ask anyway, what is her e-mail address?

Just go to CC, and on the main page, you can click on "Jean Jonas' Conference Challenge"....it's easy!

Anyone know what the number is up to now?

Drawing WILL NOT take place if <3000 are received.

That's too bad, you all can do it!! Wish I could contribute but I didn't attend NC! :(

OK. I'm 1725.

So is today the deadline? That stinks that more people didn't do it. It only takes a minute.

Christ Follower said:
So is today the deadline? That stinks that more people didn't do it. It only takes a minute.

Midnight tonight - unless everyone wakes up on a Friday night and reads their e-mail they were sent BACK ON 7/22 and does it, it won't make it.

I'm not too optimistic about this one!

Well I am not so gung-ho about the GPS anyway but it still would've been neat to have the drawing. Maybe they should've offered something better.

Too bad EVERYONE didn't do it. The gas gift card would have been nice. I knew that wasn't going to happen though.

Christ Follower said:
Well I am not so gung-ho about the GPS anyway but it still would've been neat to have the drawing. Maybe they should've offered something better.

Too bad EVERYONE didn't do it. The gas gift card would have been nice. I knew that wasn't going to happen though.

I know of people who went to Conference who don't use the computer. They had to know that at HO.

I forgot! I planned to do it after my show last night, but totally forgot. I'm sorry for those of you who really wanted this drawing. I wasn't that excited about the prize because my husband got me a Garmin for Christmas last year. The gas card would've been really nice. Oh well!

The wording of the challenge was so vague. I think that kept alot of people from submitting something, too.

What a bummer!

1. How do I participate in Jean Jonas' Conference Challenge?

To participate in Jean Jonas' Conference Challenge, all you have to do is email her with your name and consultant number. The email address can be found on the conference materials or you can ask your team leader for it. Make sure to send the email before August 15th to be eligible for the drawing.

2. What is the purpose of the Conference Challenge?

The Conference Challenge is a fun way to engage and connect with other Pampered Chef consultants. It also helps to boost attendance and participation at the conference. Plus, there's a chance to win a GPS system for those who participate!

3. Can I still participate if I didn't attend the conference?

Yes, you can still participate in the Conference Challenge even if you didn't attend the conference. Just make sure to email Jean Jonas before the deadline to be eligible for the drawing.

4. How will the winners of the GPS system be chosen?

The 15 lucky winners of the GPS system will be chosen randomly from all the emails received by Jean Jonas. Each email counts as one entry, so the more people who email her, the higher your chances of winning!

5. Will there be any other prizes besides the GPS system?

As of now, the only prize for the Conference Challenge is the GPS system. However, it's always a good idea to check with your team leader or the conference materials for any updates or changes to the prizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • PCGINA
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lacychef