• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Miss Out on the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo?

In summary, Kris was looking for the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron from the July Consultant Sales Promotion. She was told that she needed to submit her order by August 4th, but submitted it 12 hours too late. She was told by home office that she would not be able to get her order because someone else already earned it. Kris emailed to ask if anyone wanted to sell their combo.
krwebster
Gold Member
I'm looking for the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron from the July Consultant Sales Promotion.

This was my first conference & was so excited when I saw the combo in the Product Showcase Room BECAUSE I finally was going to qualify for a monthly sales promotion.

I was on the phone with home office 7/28/09 about a declined credit card for my first July show and asked customer service when I had to submit my second show to qualify for the tablecloth/apron and she told me the order had to be submitted by AUGUST 4th at 10:00 PM CST. Since this was my first time I was submitting an order at the end of the month - I didn't think to question her answer. I submitted the order at 12:00 pm on August the 1st! Alas, 12 hours too late! I spoke with HO today - they basically told me too bad!

So, if someone earned the combo and would like to sell it - please let me know! I really want to get (somehow) what I believed I did earned!

Thanks-
Kris:mad:

SHe was probably referring to the fact that you had until August 4th to resolve a July show to count as a July show.... but was obviously not clear or she misunderstood too.Unfortunately, when in doubt, always check the flyer/fine print. Hope you find one.

I have the apron only. email if anyone interested. [email protected]

krwebster said:
I'm looking for the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron from the July Consultant Sales Promotion.

This was my first conference & was so excited when I saw the combo in the Product Showcase Room BECAUSE I finally was going to qualify for a monthly sales promotion.

I was on the phone with home office 7/28/09 about a declined credit card for my first July show and asked customer service when I had to submit my second show to qualify for the tablecloth/apron and she told me the order had to be submitted by AUGUST 4th at 10:00 PM CST. Since this was my first time I was submitting an order at the end of the month - I didn't think to question her answer. I submitted the order at 12:00 pm on August the 1st! Alas, 12 hours too late! I spoke with HO today - they basically told me too bad!

Thanks-
Kris:mad:

I know this wont help you now, BUT I make it a point to tell everyone of my hosts in order to recieve the monthly host/guest specials the show HAS to close the same month. I have 2 shows this week end & told them we are closing out the day of their shows, or else book them early in the month. This is our job/business I also want to get paid for the entire month. HTH
So, if someone earned the combo and would like to sell it - please let me know! I really want to get (somehow) what I believed I did earned!

I have both and won't be using them - green is a HORRIBLE color for me - I avoid it at all costs - LOL
Email me at [email protected]

dannyzmom said:
I have both and won't be using them - green is a HORRIBLE color for me - I avoid it at all costs - LOL

I emailed you!

Ginger428 said:
I know this wont help you now, BUT I make it a point to tell everyone of my hosts in order to recieve the monthly host/guest specials the show HAS to close the same month. I have 2 shows this week end & told them we are closing out the day of their shows, or else book them early in the month. This is our job/business I also want to get paid for the entire month. HTH

I do this too, but unfortunately, HO undermines us a bit in this because they print on the Host Special flyers that the Host has to submit by the 15th of the following month to qualify for the special -- which is true for the host, but can leave the consultant hanging. I missed out because one of my best customers needed one more day to get another order to push her to the next level (which she did and it worked out best for her). Customer service meant giving her the extra time, even though it meant that *I* lost out on something. :(

dannyzmom said:

green would not have been my choice however, I will be wearing mine to all my Sept shows to remind guests that Christmas is not that far off. (yikes)

they are selling like hotcakes on ebay. one went for 35.00 just for the apron! I'd like one too, but oh well. I'll make my own.

I would like them as well. Please let me know if anyone is selling

Not to be a Negative Nelly, but it's rarely a good idea to fib to your hosts. If they find out that company policy doesn't require them to close by the end of the month after you've told them it does, you'll lose their trust. And, in this business, trust is everything.I tell my hosts that I prefer to close by the end of the month because it's easiest for me to keep everything straight.

I agree Rae. If I'm working for an incentive I will let them know. They are usually more likely to help me out when I do.

raebates said:
...I tell my hosts that I prefer to close by the end of the month because it's easiest for me to keep everything straight...

DITTO Rae...

This way you are telling them what you prefer ...

~G

I don't tell them they need to close, but I do tell them that in order to get everything I can earn, *I* need to close. ;)

i have the snowman apron and would love tablecloth if someone doesn't want it.
thanks,
laurieidp

were those two separate incentives? I noticed on ebay, the consultants were not selling the tablecloth. just the aprons.

yes, i earned the apron but had to go to conference to get the table cloth even though i earned it and couldn't go,

raebates said:
Not to be a Negative Nelly, but it's rarely a good idea to fib to your hosts. If they find out that company policy doesn't require them to close by the end of the month after you've told them it does, you'll lose their trust. And, in this business, trust is everything.

I tell my hosts that I prefer to close by the end of the month because it's easiest for me to keep everything straight.

Hey Negative Nellie!!!:D:D Just kiddin! I love what you tell them. And they WILL believe me because they know how scatter brained I am:yuck:!! I get in moods where I want to tell them...just wrap the darn thing up so I can get my free stuff (only I wasn't going to use the word "stuff"!!!).:blushing:

Ann, you crack me up. I tell them that because it's the truth. It helps me to remember what they should be getting. It helps me to remember whether I've done what I need to do to earn incentives. It helps me to remember when their 6 months is up. It's just easier.I usually mention that it's important to close quickly in order for their guests to get their products right away, too.

raebates said:
Ann, you crack me up.

I tell them that because it's the truth. It helps me to remember what they should be getting. It helps me to remember whether I've done what I need to do to earn incentives. It helps me to remember when their 6 months is up. It's just easier.

I usually mention that it's important to close quickly in order for their guests to get their products right away, too.

It usually is easier to keep track of the truth, instead of trying to remember exactly what you DID say.

ivykeep said:
I do this too, but unfortunately, HO undermines us a bit in this because they print on the Host Special flyers that the Host has to submit by the 15th of the following month to qualify for the special -- which is true for the host, but can leave the consultant hanging. I missed out because one of my best customers needed one more day to get another order to push her to the next level (which she did and it worked out best for her). Customer service meant giving her the extra time, even though it meant that *I* lost out on something. :(

Ho is not undermining us with this, they are supporting us. It hasn't been that long that this was included on the HS flyer. They added it to help us. Some hosts will drag things out forever if they don't have a deadline and putting that date on there gives us proof that we must get it in.

I tell my hosts that we need to close within 2 days (but, yes, if they insist I do give them a little more time) so that their guests don't start bugging them for their products. Everyone is anxious to get their new things, especially the host.

PS: MOST hosts don't read that fine print but it's there in case we need to point it out to them.

BethCooks4U said:
Ho is not undermining us with this, they are supporting us. It hasn't been that long that this was included on the HS flyer. They added it to help us. Some hosts will drag things out forever if they don't have a deadline and putting that date on there gives us proof that we must get it in.

I tell my hosts that we need to close within 2 days (but, yes, if they insist I do give them a little more time) so that their guests don't start bugging them for their products. Everyone is anxious to get their new things, especially the host.

PS: MOST hosts don't read that fine print but it's there in case we need to point it out to them.

And to add to this - Pampered Chef had to put limits on when shows were submitted for an incentive, because there are so many cheaters out there who would backdate a show to make it seem like it was held in one month, but submitted in another.

esavvymom said:
It usually is easier to keep track of the truth, instead of trying to remember exactly what you DID say.

I cannot believe how this thread has turned. I am really hurt by being labeled a liar. Also it is my business to say or do what I think is neccessary for my hosts,guests & myself. I DO remember everything I say to my hosts & I host coach them to the max. Also 99% of my hosts that want to keep the show opened have never come through with more orders. I also point out to the host that it is kind of unfair to the 10-15 people that made the commitement to show up, why should they have to wait for weeks. And 1 more thing, if its at the end of the month, don't you think the guests would like to settle up their checking accounts/credit cards? A long time ago when I started I only had 1 show for April & it was on the 30th, when she finally closed out I almost went inactive. Just think about losing all you carreer sales over a host that kept her show open. I sleep very well at night knowing that on a daily basis I do the best possible choices for my business & my hosts.

Ginger428 said:
I cannot believe how this thread has turned. I am really hurt by being labeled a liar. Also it is my business to say or do what I think is neccessary for my hosts,guests & myself. I DO remember everything I say to my hosts & I host coach them to the max. Also 99% of my hosts that want to keep the show opened have never come through with more orders. I also point out to the host that it is kind of unfair to the 10-15 people that made the commitement to show up, why should they have to wait for weeks. And 1 more thing, if its at the end of the month, don't you think the guests would like to settle up their checking accounts/credit cards? A long time ago when I started I only had 1 show for April & it was on the 30th, when she finally closed out I almost went inactive. Just think about losing all you carreer sales over a host that kept her show open. I sleep very well at night knowing that on a daily basis I do the best possible choices for my business & my hosts.

I'm sorry Ginger. I wasn't trying to label you a liar- or anyone else for that matter... I was replying to what Rae had said about why it's easier for her to say things a certain way (and I was in a hurry when I posted- so it probably didn't come out the way it sounded in my head :D). It makes perfect sense to close before the end of the month, and I agree whole-heartedly about holding a show so the host can get more orders is usually a waste of time. It's frustrating. I just don't think I could tell my host that I HAD to close by the end of the month, if I knew that I didn't really have to.

*sigh* I don't know- I'm still learning my way through things, one show at a time. I've had a few that held open longer to gain nothing, and then others that gained alot.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings- it wasn't directed towards you and the thought of insinuating anyone was a liar never even crossed my mind....honest!

Ginger, I so sorry. As an independent consultant you set your own company's policies. You have every right to set your own policy that a show must close by the end of the month. To me, that's no different than someone who tells their host that they must close a show that night because that's the consultant's policy.I still think it's best to make it clear that this is your company policy and not to imply that it's PC corporate policy. I'm afraid that if a host found out that it wasn't PC policy they'd feel misled. That was my point.

I now feel your pain!!! I just found out why mine have not arrived!:(:cry:
My July catalog show was originally going to be a June show. She changed it to July and apparently didn't order any specials. Because I somehow left the show as a June 10th date but closed it in July!:(:cry::cry:
I know it's my fault and I'm not blaming anyone else but I'm so very mad:grumpy::mad::grumpy: for not being more careful. I was so looking forward to having these for my winter shows. I love snowmen and christmas like decorations!!!:(:cry: So if anyone earned them and doesn't want them and no one else has snatched them up let me know!

I tell you what I won't be making that mistake again!

kcmckay said:
I now feel your pain!!! I just found out why mine have not arrived!:(:cry:
My July catalog show was originally going to be a June show. She changed it to July and apparently didn't order any specials. Because I somehow left the show as a June 10th date but closed it in July!:(:cry::cry:
I know it's my fault and I'm not blaming anyone else but I'm so very mad:grumpy::mad::grumpy: for not being more careful. I was so looking forward to having these for my winter shows. I love snowmen and christmas like decorations!!!:(:cry: So if anyone earned them and doesn't want them and no one else has snatched them up let me know!

I tell you what I won't be making that mistake again!

The EXACT thing happened to me..................UGH!!!
I am also looking for the apron and tablecloth if anyone wants to part with theirs. Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advance..
Vicky~~

I just contacted the HO with a suggestion that they make a small change to the Consultant Connection. Here's the main part of what I wrote:
I've spoken with a few consultants recently who missed incentives by just inches. They didn't notice that shows they'd submitted in a particular month were actually held the month before. I know it's not the home office's job to babysit us. We're all adults. However, it would be helpful to many if submitted shows could show up a different color on Consultant Connection than those that were held and submitted in that particular month.

raebates said:
I just contacted the HO with a suggestion that they make a small change to the Consultant Connection. Here's the main part of what I wrote:

Quote:
I've spoken with a few consultants recently who missed incentives by just inches. They didn't notice that shows they'd submitted in a particular month were actually held the month before. I know it's not the home office's job to babysit us. We're all adults. However, it would be helpful to many if submitted shows could show up a different color on Consultant Connection than those that were held and submitted in that particular month.

OMGosh! I LOVE this idea! Thank you for suggesting it. Can I steal it to send too? Maybe if enough of us do it, it will happen!

Feel free. At the PWS workshop I took one of the techs said that the more people who request things the more likely it will happen.

1. What is the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo?

The Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo is a set of two items that were part of the July Consultant Sales Promotion for a direct sales company. The combo includes a tablecloth and an apron featuring a snowman design.

2. How can I get the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo?

To qualify for the combo, you would have had to submit two orders during the month of July for a direct sales company. The first order must have been submitted by July 31st, and the second order by August 4th at 10:00 PM CST. Only those who met these requirements would have received the combo.

3. Is there a way to still get the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo?

If you did not meet the qualifications for the combo, unfortunately, there is no way to still obtain it through the sales promotion. However, you may be able to find someone who earned the combo and is willing to sell it to you.

4. What if I had issues with my order and couldn't submit it before the deadline?

If you experienced any issues with your order that caused you to miss the deadline, it is best to contact the company's customer service for assistance. They may be able to make an exception for your situation.

5. Will the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo be available again in the future?

It is possible that the Snowman Tablecloth/Apron Combo may be offered again in the future as part of a sales promotion. However, this is not guaranteed, and it may not be the same exact design. Keep an eye out for future promotions to see if it becomes available again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • gwyn26
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Chef Endora
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies