• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Ruin My Chance for a Half Price Conference Registration?!

In summary, the conversation was about a person who had been working hard to earn a discount for a conference registration. They had an amazing sales month and only needed a little more to reach their goal. However, due to a mistake in setting up a show, they realized it would not count towards their goal. They expressed disappointment and frustration, but also tried to find a positive outlook and continue working towards their goal. Other individuals shared similar experiences and offered words of encouragement.
straitfan
Gold Member
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've been working SO hard to make that 1/2 price conf. registration. (I NEVER ever dreamed I could get $2500 in one month's time) I had an AMAZING March, and only need about $750 more. I've had 3 catalog shows going that I thought would probably get me there. We closed one out last night and I worked so hard with her and added about $100 of orders I had to her show and it ended up at $609 in comm. sales. YIPPEE--right? WRONG! When I was setting up the show in P3 I was doing about 3 other things
trying to deal with some stuff for DS and my in-laws and I plugged in a show date of March 15th!!!!!!!!!!! 1 day prior to the start of the promotion!!!!!!! (It needed to be a March show b/c that's when she started and was working towards the bamboo specials) I am just SICK SICK SICK!!!!! It won't count for anything. (Already tried calling HO and pleading my case once I pulled my head out and realized what I had done..........no luck :(

I'm fairly certain that the other 2 catty shows will barely clear the $150--they're just going for the Host specials.

Thanks for coming to my PITY PARTY!!!
That was a lesson learned at an expense of $100!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm so sorry!! That realy sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that happened. I know how you feel because I have done a similar thing before. Keep your fingers crossed it can still happen.

straitfan said:
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've been working SO hard to make that 1/2 price conf. registration. (I NEVER ever dreamed I could get $2500 in one month's time) I had an AMAZING March, and only need about $750 more. I've had 3 catalog shows going that I thought would probably get me there. We closed one out last night and I worked so hard with her and added about $100 of orders I had to her show and it ended up at $609 in comm. sales. YIPPEE--right? WRONG! When I was setting up the show in P3 I was doing about 3 other things
trying to deal with some stuff for DS and my in-laws and I plugged in a show date of March 15th!!!!!!!!!!! 1 day prior to the start of the promotion!!!!!!! (It needed to be a March show b/c that's when she started and was working towards the bamboo specials) I am just SICK SICK SICK!!!!! It won't count for anything. (Already tried calling HO and pleading my case once I pulled my head out and realized what I had done..........no luck :(

I'm fairly certain that the other 2 catty shows will barely clear the $150--they're just going for the Host specials.

Thanks for coming to my PITY PARTY!!!
That was a lesson learned at an expense of $100!!!!!!!!!!!!

a_withstupid.gif

Of course, so have we all, at one time or another.

Oh Christy - I am so sorry - but don't give up!!! Get on that phone and see what could happen!!! Good luck!

Oh no! That's a heart-breaker. I guess the only upside to this is that you will NEVER EVER make that mistake again!

Oh Christy - I am so so so sorry!
Have some chocolate...and then get on the phone and start calling EVERYONE you know - tell them about your goal and see if they'd like to order anything or host a catty show!

Oh man; I'm sorry!
I know what you mean; one of my shows cancelled & I'm halfway there with a bridal show this weekend. I'm thinking of emailing some kind of small sale to my email contacts & offering the collapsible bowl for a prize for all who order.
Good luck; maybe your other catty shows will surprise you!

I've go my fingers crossed and am praying like mad!!! I'll be sending out an e-mail today trying to drum up some business. I keep thinking of you Lacy and your cruise heartbreak--mine is only a $100 mess up! Over night I've calmed down a little and decided that hey--I did make over $120 on the show, and I'll use that to pay "half my conference". And I know in my heart that I DID and CAN sell $2500 in a month! Today is a new day and I am truly blessed!

straitfan said:
I've go my fingers crossed and am praying like mad!!! I'll be sending out an e-mail today trying to drum up some business.

I keep thinking of you Lacy and your cruise heartbreak--mine is only a $100 mess up!

Over night I've calmed down a little and decided that hey--I did make over $120 on the show, and I'll use that to pay "half my conference". And I know in my heart that I DID and CAN sell $2500 in a month!

Today is a new day and I am truly blessed!

I hate it when I make stupid mistakes, but good for you for picking up and having a positive attitude today! :chef:

You can get to the $2,500!

Good attitude Christy! (thanks for thinking of me...I was kinda bummed the other day, telling dh we should be leaving Sunday for the cruise:cry: )
Keep thinking positive; you can do it!

I know how you feel. We all do things like that.:cry:

I forgot my hostesses bookings when I sent the show in yesterday. About 3 min later I realized what I did called HO and they won't change it, can make product adjustments, but not show info.

I think if you send out an email letting everyone know you have a goal to make, I am sure people are willing to help. Think positive thoughts and they will come your way. Went to see Jack Canfield last night so I am in a better frame of mine today!!:rolleyes:

Good Luck!
Kelly V

Oh, that is a bummer! I have tiny panic attacks that I'm doing or did something like that because I'm always in a hurry to get shows sent to HO. I hope you can get some more orders. I'm just about $750 away from the $2500 with one catalog show to turn in on Saturday. It's possible it will be that high, but I'm not banking on it. I'm trying to be on vacation right now, so I don't want to let my mind spin on how I can get more orders.

What a bummer!! I hope that you are able to find some more orders!! I am about 580 away and have a show tonight, that I hopw can close before the 14th!!

I did that with the HWC bowl promo... not as big as your conference promo but I was still sick about it! I do something like that everytime I am in a hurry... I just have to slow down and double/triple check everything!

Good luck drumming up some more sales!

So, how's it going Christy? I was just thinking of you as I sent out my "tax free weekend sale" in honor of tax day....hoping to drum up some extra sales.
I hope you've made it!

Christy, so sorry to hear that :(
Good luck, you still have time to make it hapen :)

I was so close as well and then 2 parties moved to later in the month, I am so bummed. everyone I have called can not do anything until later this month. At least I have my PC dollars I could use to pay for 1/2. Do you have any PC dollars Christy?

Don't have any PC $, but I do have 2 catty shows that have promised me to close on Sun. and Mon. I keep asking them how it's going (to the point of bugging them) but they haven't given me any indication of what level of sales they're at. I am buying PC for my niece who's graduating in May, so if these 2 shows get me within $100-$150 I'll just order gifts for her at full price to get me over the hump. (Her b-day and grad. are within a week of each other, and she thinks she's moving to MN to play house with her boyfriend who has moved up there...........I keep telling her she's going to have to be able to cook something!)I'm just trying to accept that whatever will be will be.................. (and have really been trying to quit kicking myself!!!) Oh yeah..and praying LOTS!

lacychef said:
So, how's it going Christy? I was just thinking of you as I sent out my "tax free weekend sale" in honor of tax day....hoping to drum up some extra sales.
I hope you've made it!

Thanks for your support Lacy:angel: !

straitfan said:
Thanks for your support Lacy:angel: !
You're welcome! You're in the same wave as me again right?
Hey, have you let your hosts know what you're working towards? Then they'd understand why you're "bugging" them!

Yes. Wave 2! Haven't bought airfare yet (hoping American will have a big sale to make up for last week's nighmares). We're staying at the Sheraton this year.

straitfan said:
Yes. Wave 2! Haven't bought airfare yet (hoping American will have a big sale to make up for last week's nighmares). We're staying at the Sheraton this year.
We haven't bought airfare yet either; hoping for a better deal too!
Well, we have 2 days to earn our conference....are we gonna do it? I woke up to an email, someone wanting a 12" skillet--that made my day:)

Well...the Sunday School lesson that I taught to my kiddos this morning was on the beatitudes...I have one to add....
"Blessed are those who make stupid mistakes, for the Lord will take care of you!"I met to close one of my 2 ongoing catty shows this evening. The host was concerned about even getting to $150 because she REALLY wanted to get that $20 salad spinner. So I sit down at her dining room table and she tells me "I have about $675.........is that good?" I nearly fell out of my chair! WAHOO!! I only need about $80 to make the incentive and I still have another catty show to close tomorrow! Even with my GIANT mistake I'm going to make it anyway! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!

I, too, had an GREAT March ... but I will miss out on the incentive.Both of my catalog shows are closing in later in April, which still leaves me $1,100 short. (Still, who would have thought I'd even get half way there?)But I look at it this way ...I know I will sell $1,100 EVENTUALLY. That will earn me $220 at the least.There's my registration!I know it's hard to miss out on the incentive ... but you'll stll have the paycheck .. and that helps!

Good For You Christy but BAD For Me!!!!!!!!!

I was reading your post on Friday evening and a Huge Flashing Horrific Lightbulb went off in my head and I just about starting crying. :cry:

To back up a bit - I had 2 catalog shows in March and submitted them on the 31st. They totalled nearly $1,200. I had a show the beginning of the month for about $625 and I actually just closed a show Friday for over $850 right before logging into Chef Success and reading your post. I was Soooooo excited that I had reached the $2,500 mark and didn't even have to worry about closing my final show before the deadline . . . . . Until I read your post. I logged off of Chef Success and opened up P3 and my sinking suspicion was true - I had made a huge mistake!!!

I had my 2 catalog shows in P3 for a few weeks before I closed them and was adding orders to them as the hosts gathered them. I think when I entered the info. I wasn't even thinking about the incentive - it was at the very beginning of March and I just wasn't thinking. Well, to make a long story short . . . I did exactly what you did and just assigned random March dates to them and of course, as luck would have it, the dates I chose were March 7th and March 14! When I went back to close the shows I completely forgot to go in and change the dates. I wasn't even thinking about the days the shows were held because I was just focused on the dates that I was submitting them. I've almost been a consultant for a year now and every sales promotion I can remember has been worded the same way by Pamp. Chef - HOLD AND SUBMIT . . . but not this one. I'm kind of a little upset, especially after going back and looking at the promotion again. If you go on CC to the consultant promotion you'll see what I mean. The Heading for the incentive says nothing about Holding a show between those 2 dates just Sales submitted. It's only after you click on that heading and the Flyer comes up that way down at the bottom in the very tiny print does it say Hold and Submit. For more seasoned consultants this is probably not an issue but for someone who's fairly new this was easy to overlook. Ultimately it is my untimely mistake and no one is to blame but me. :(

I am still planning on going to my First Conference this year and will not let $100 mistake stop me. I'm having a Fantastic April and plan to keep it going!!! So glad to hear the Happy Ending to your story!:)

All My Best,
Nicci

I am having a pity party too. Too bad we can't get together for margaritas. All the advice is so good. I have made mistakes like this. Rise to the challenge and don't forget the chocolate.

Yeah Christy~~that is wonderful!

Oh Nicci--I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. I'm so sorry. I wish you could have checked here first and learned from my mistake. I'm sure that it's something BOTH of us will check and re-check from now on. I think it's kind of silly to assign a "date" to a catty show anyway. Why not just go with the submit date. My experience has been that they very rarely go the dates originally planned. Have a GREAT day anyway!
(((HUGS)))And Julie...the margaritas sound like a wonderful way to drown out ALL of our miseries!

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS THE PARTY'S OVER!!
$2690 HELD and SUBMITTED March 16th-April 14th! Made 1/2 price conf. in spite of my stupid mistake. And I reached a level that I thought was completely unattainable!
WAHOO!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
:sing: :sing: Congrats!!!!!:sing: :sing:

Yeah Christy--that's great!

1. What is the promotion for a half price conference registration?

The promotion for a half price conference registration is for consultants to achieve $2500 in commissionable sales in one month. This allows them to attend the annual conference at a discounted rate.

2. Can I still qualify for the half price conference registration if I made a mistake with my show date?

Unfortunately, if the show date falls one day prior to the start of the promotion, it will not count towards the $2500 in commissionable sales needed to qualify for the half price conference registration. This is a lesson learned for future promotions.

3. What can I do to still reach the $2500 goal for the half price conference registration?

You can continue to work towards the goal by holding more shows and promoting the promotion to your customers. You may also want to consider reaching out to previous hosts and customers to see if they are interested in hosting a show during the promotion period.

4. Can I still attend the conference if I do not qualify for the half price registration?

Yes, you can still attend the conference at the regular registration rate. It is a great opportunity to network, learn new skills, and be inspired by other consultants.

5. Is there a way to avoid making mistakes like this in the future?

One way to avoid making mistakes with show dates is to double check all information before submitting it to Home Office. You can also set reminders for yourself to avoid any last minute errors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
katem51
  • PamperedDor