• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Edie's Death on DHW a Suicide or a Plot Twist?

In summary, Kelly is worried about Grey's Anatomy and whether it is going to be cancelled. There are cliffhangers all throughout the season, and Kathy is worried about her mother's cancer. Lynnette is worried about her cancer, Bree is pregnant and Orson said he will raise the child if she dies. There is also a cliffhanger as to whether Edie is dead or not.
chefkristin
Gold Member
:eek: OMG!!!! Did Edie really kill herself???:eek:

What was up with that?!?!

Can I tell you how awkward I felt when watching that... I was at a friend's house whose son hung himself in December and then they show that as the ending... they couldn't believe they would show/do that on the show!

I was shocked. Hopefully someone will arrive in time to help her. And how about Gabby's husband? What an a$$.

How is Brea going to pass Danielle's baby off as hers? I am remembering correctly that D slept with an African American??

I think someone is going to find Edie...

And I think Gabbi is going to wind up pregnant with Carlos' baby.

Last week was tough for me when Linette found out she had cancer - The week of the first Mother's Day after loosing my mom to Lymphoma (NHL) Ouch

naekelsey said:
How is Brea going to pass Danielle's baby off as hers? I am remembering correctly that D slept with an African American??
No. She slept with Edie's nephew.

I can't believe that they would kill Edie off. So many twists and turns going on right now- What a great cliff hanger for the summer! I can't stand when they do that.

AJPratt said:
I was shocked. Hopefully someone will arrive in time to help her. And how about Gabby's husband? What an a$$.
At least she heard him talking! But a little too late. :mad:

I had read that on a spoiler page about Gabby's future husband only wanting her for to impress the latin voters.

That was a weird ending with Edie! I had no idea they were killing someone off! She is one of the main characters. Never would have picked her.

I hope Gabby is pregnant with Carlos's child, but I hope she goes back to him and doesn't say with that a$$. I hate to see Carlos get hurt.

Just my thoughts.:)

Kelly

Loved the wedding at the end. Could not believe that they would have Edie kill herself!! Hate all these cliff hangers.

I don't think Edie is dead. Someone will come along in the first episode of next season and save her.

supergirljennie said:
I don't think Edie is dead. Someone will come along in the first episode of next season and save her.
But she was HANGING!!!:confused:

Kathy-I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I have lost a lot of people to cancer. It is an awful disease.

Of all the people who would do that, I never thought Edie. I hope Gabby does wind up pregnant with Carlo's baby. They seem like they are getting along much better now!

Lynnette's cancer is terrible... Kathy, I am sorry to hear about your Mom.

supergirljennie said:
Let's hop! It'll probably be one of those,"30 seconds later..." things.

AJPratt said:
Let's hop! It'll probably be one of those,"30 seconds later..." things.
It better be. That would be silly if they did kill her off.
Then there is Bree. I thought she was really pregnant. Then when Orson said I will raise it and love it like it was my own-I almost pooped my pants!!!!
I forgot that her daughter was pregnant.

Yeah, it too me a minute, too. My brother guesses she was faking it.

Thanks Gang - My mom's cancer is strangely why I am now with Pampered Chef. My primary reason was to do fundraiser for cancer research. You never know why someone might be looking into the business

I know, I thought Bree was really pregnant and couldn't figure out who the father would be if not Orson. I think Edie is gone for good. I remember reading something somewhere about a cast member leaving. Didn't she just get married or is getting married. Maybe she wants to have a family for real. that would be great if Gabby had Carlos' baby. I wish they would get back together. That new husband is a major A$$!.

On another note, is Grey's Anatomy done till the fall?

I thought I read maybe in a gossip column or tv gossip show where they did announce one of the housewives dies( but that could have been around the time that Crazy lady who went on a shooting rampage in the store took out Tom's ex mistress?) And that crazy lady died when in the previews it looked liked Lyn was going to die. I haven't heard anything about Edie leaving the show so maybe she is rescued in time?

Stay tuned I guess, will just have to wait and see~!

I hope Gabby is pregnant but I bet she will not know who's it is and that will be a big thing for next season. I loved the way Mike and Susan got married at the end. I do love this show but hate it every year when it ends.

Kathytnt said:
Thanks Gang - My mom's cancer is strangely why I am now with Pampered Chef. My primary reason was to do fundraiser for cancer research. You never know why someone might be looking into the business
I know it must have been tough for you to watch. There are some shows I just can't watch, just hurts too much.

Speaking of crazy lady: I really don't like her daughter at all. She is such a brat. I think Lynette's going to have lots of guilt feelings and blame her cancer on what she did. Her mom - well I would have made her leave and so would my dh - they don't need that (her attitudes) right now.

I think Edie is dead - she'll come back in flash backs and talking to us like other characters do but there's nothing left of her persona on the show (IMHO). She never "fit in" really either.

I really liked the wedding at the end but we were worried that he would get in an accident before he got there since he was so tired.

We were trying to figure out who's baby Bree was carrying even before he made the comment about raising it like his own - didn't think of the daughter though.

If I were Gabby I would have walked into that office (when her husband and his dad were talking) and said "it's over" and ended the marriage - but she's also very interested in money. I think she'll stay with him and sleep with Carlos and it'll get out just before the governor election.

(I'm not into this show at all. lol:rolleyes:

-------------

Kathy - my prayers are with you too. My mother died of cancer almost 2 years ago (actually while I was at National Conference) and I know it is hard for you. Whether you were close or had issues, it doesn't matter. It's always hard when it's a parent.

BethCooks4U said:
No. She slept with Edie's nephew.

Brie's daughter slept with the neighbors son that is African American and his brother was locked in the basement, after they moved she slept with Edie's nephew.

She got knocked up by Edies nephew which is why Julie ended it with him after she found out I Think?

What happened to Edie's nephew anyway? He dropped off the face of the earth.

I just had a chance to watch lastnight's episode earlier while my kids were napping - I was tempted to look at this thread before-hand, but I didn't! :)

I don't think Julie (or anyone else in the town) knows that Danielle is pregnant - they're just sending her away until the baby's born, then Orson and Bree are going to act like it's theirs. Orson told Edie's nephew that he should just leave town so that Julie wouldn't find out and get hurt. I think he told her that he had to leave b/c of family problems or something - I can't really remember.

Now wouldn't that be a twist. I think the affair with the black neighbor was too long ago for it to be his baby though.

BethCooks4U said:
Now wouldn't that be a twist. I think the affair with the black neighbor was too long ago for it to be his baby though.

That would be some shock for Bree!!!:D

That's exactly what I was thinking - it would be interesting for the baby to be born and it's the black neighbor's!! And it would be entertaining to see how Bree would try to pass it off as hers and Orson's! lol

I think you're right though - that was too far back in the show.

I was watching The View last week and one of the writers/creator's of DHW was on and he said that someone was getting killed off. So my guess is that Edie is gone.

1. What evidence suggests that Edie may have committed suicide?

There are several factors that point towards the possibility of suicide. Firstly, Edie struggled with mental health issues and substance abuse, which are known risk factors for suicide. Secondly, she had made previous attempts in the past. Lastly, there are accounts from her friends and family that suggest she was experiencing intense emotional distress leading up to her death.

2. Was there a suicide note left by Edie?

No, there was no suicide note found at the scene or mentioned in any reports. However, this does not necessarily rule out the possibility of suicide as many individuals do not leave behind notes before taking their own life.

3. Did anyone witness Edie's death?

No, there were no witnesses to Edie's death. She was found alone in her apartment by her housekeeper. However, there were reports that Edie had been seen acting strangely and making phone calls to friends in the days leading up to her death.

4. What was the official cause of death for Edie?

The official cause of death listed on Edie's death certificate is "undetermined". This means that there was not enough evidence to definitively determine whether her death was a suicide or accidental. However, it is widely believed that she took her own life.

5. How has Edie's death impacted the public's perception of her?

Edie's death has sparked much debate and speculation over the years. Some view her as a tragic figure, while others believe she was a victim of her own choices. Her death has also added to her legacy as a cultural icon and her story continues to fascinate and intrigue people to this day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
schel
  • heat123