• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dh Just Showed up at Work With a Dozen Red Roses in a Vase.he

In summary, DH just showed up at work with a dozen red roses in a vase. He hasn't gotten my flowers in about 5-6 years since I normally don't like to spend money frivously. But I'm so happy to have them! Happy Valentine's Day early!!!!
janetupnorth
Gold Member
DH just showed up at work with a dozen red roses in a vase.

He hasn't gotten my flowers in about 5-6 years since I normally don't like to spend money frivously. But I'm so happy to have them!

Happy Valentine's Day early!!!! :love:

My work camera is out on loan, but if it comes back today, I'll have to take a picture of them. :)

How sweet!!!

ETA: Hey this was my 1,000th post!! Yippee I have a star!!

How sweet! I think DH has given me flowers once in the last 5 years. I'm not too big on flowers but once in a while is a very nice suprise.

sfdavis918 said:
How sweet!!!

ETA: Hey this was my 1,000th post!! Yippee I have a star!!

Congratulations on your star! :) What a happy note to put it on. :D

That's so nice!! I love getting flowers! My hubby does it a few times a year, when he knows I've had a rough week or to celebrate something special! He actually got me flowers the first time I sold $5,000 in a month! I was so stinkin' happy and kept talking about it and the next day, a guy with a bouquet was at my door!! The card said how proud he was of me! awww!!! Anyways, sorry for the hijack! That is really sweet!!!!! YAY!!

That is so sweet! You got a good one.

pamperedlinda said:
That is so sweet! You got a good one.

Yeah, I always joke that if he can put up with me, I'm keeping him. ;)
Of course, it is usually the reverse but I'll still keep him! :D

Every person has some flaw, somewhere but the good outweighs the bad and he is a great husband and father. (Need to remind myself to tell him that tonight!) :thumbup:

That is so nice! I don't think I will get any for Vday as I purposely said "dont get me flowers, I want some new PC items". LOL

But of course, I will take the flowers if given!

Enjoy!

Aww that is so nice - You deserve them!! (an obviously he thinks so too!!) How nice!!!

That is nice Janet! It's nice to have a hubby who does little things to make us happy. My husband is the flower giving kind of guy. I think I will keep him for a while longer. :rolleyes: We have been married going on 16 years. Have a great and Happy Valentine's Day!!:) :) :)

that was so sweet of him. I remember those days when I was still working. I also don't like the thought of spending money on flowers. But it is nice to get them once in a while.

That's so sweet.

What a wonderful surprise!! Enjoy!

Awww, definately a keeper;) My dh & I agree that $$ on flowers is a waste; but it IS nice to do it occasionally!

Although I always say "You shouldn't have" - it always makes me warm inside that he thinks I'm important enough to do it anyway.......

And when it's unexpected like that - it's just that much sweeter! Enjoy those Roses!

lacychef said:
Awww, definately a keeper;) My dh & I agree that $$ on flowers is a waste; but it IS nice to do it occasionally!

That is why this year I'm sending "The Mrs." a fruit creation from Edible Arrangments. They are just as pretty as flowers but you can eat the fruit. The ones I'm sending her have chocolate covered strawberries througout the basket. :D

vtodd71 said:
That is why this year I'm sending "The Mrs." a fruit creation from Edible Arrangments. They are just as pretty as flowers but you can eat the fruit. The ones I'm sending her have chocolate covered strawberries througout the basket. :D
I haven't had a chance to try these yet, but I have heard the fruit is so good!!

Enjoy your flowers Janet! I'm a lucky gal - my hubby gives me flowers many times throughout the year - v-day, b-day, anniversary, just because - and I always tell him don't worry about spending money on roses - I prefer ones that last a long time - so any type of flower will do! They are a nice burst of spring on these cold winter days!

sfdavis918 said:
I haven't had a chance to try these yet, but I have heard the fruit is so good!!

A new store just opened here in town a few months ago. I checked out the website and it has some really nice stuff. Pricey- but really nice. My wife told me not to send flowers this year. She didn't say anything about fruit. :D

Awwww.... Janet, glad to hear about your flowers!

Well, DH didn't know how bad I would need those flowers...

I was leaving my sitters today and 2 dogs ran in front of me. She (sitter) was coming out behind me so I pulled over, caught the one dog and waved at her not to hit them and asked if she knew whose they were.

Anyway, I felt a plate on the collar (it was getting dark) and realized it was her neighbors...so she went down to tell them and I called the number on the tag from my cell phone. The wife answered and said "we've been trying to catch them for awhile." I said, "well I have one here by the collar so I'll hold him until you get here."

Sitter came back down the road and said, "You may want to leave the husband is VERY crabby."

(He has a pending case against him by the DA for punching my DH in Sept for coming down "his road".)

Anyway, I couldn't let the poor dog go again and be hit by a car so I put my cell phone in my pocket and headed away from my vehicle (with the kids inside so they wouldn't hear) and walked to meet the wife. Other dog ran up to me too for attention so I grabbed him by the collar.

I get up to the wife (her husband came with her - my heart skipped but figured he wouldn't be stupid enough to physically harm me with witnesses). I handed her one dog and she said, "Thank you very much Janet". I handed him the other dog when he starts verbally threatening me and says he'll come after me if I EVER touch his property again and sue me because it would be extortion just like my DH is doing to him (my DH is doing NOTHING - DA is - and they just want him in anger managment courses).

Anyway, he threatened to call the sheriff on me for touching his property so I turned and walked away and said I'll save you the trouble and called 9-1-1.

So now I have a police report to fill out, lost an hour plus of my night for "caring"...sigh...some peoples' children!!!!

I just hope and pray his poor wife does not have to deal with physical or mental abuse!!!!

janetupnorth said:
So now I have a police report to fill out, lost an hour plus of my night for "caring"...sigh...some peoples' children!!!!

I just hope and pray his poor wife does not have to deal with physical or mental abuse!!!!

Wow, Janet - he sounds like a real creep! Glad he didn't hurt you.

And I think it would be a miracle if his wife doesn't have to deal with some form of abuse.:(

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow, Janet - he sounds like a real creep! Glad he didn't hurt you.

And I think it would be a miracle if his wife doesn't have to deal with some form of abuse.:(

DD didn't hear him but hear my call the sheriff. She asked what was wrong because of course I was upset at first! I just said your sitter's neighbor is a very mean, angry man.

She said, "Well he need to have Jesus in his heart, then he won't be so angry." She also said, "Didn't he learn in school that you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I told her to just keep praying for him and that his anger will go away and for his wife.

janetupnorth said:
DD didn't hear him but hear my call the sheriff. She asked what was wrong because of course I was upset at first! I just said your sitter's neighbor is a very mean, angry man.

She said, "Well he need to have Jesus in his heart, then he won't be so angry." She also said, "Didn't he learn in school that you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I told her to just keep praying for him and that his anger will go away and for his wife.

Now she is a very wise young lady!

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Wow Janet; what a jerk! What a sweet daughter you have though! (I'm sure she's just like her momma;) )

Wow, Janet! This world is full of all kinds of people. You cannot have good without bad. Good for you to be the better person. I really does sound like he needs anger management!

Janet, so sweet about the flowers. Hubby feels flowers are impractical, because they just die, and he would rather spend $$ on something that will last. I tried to explain to him that it is the impracticality that makes them so special. He does not understand, and now, after so many years, he says that if HE DID buy me flowers now, I would think he was cheating on me. (LOL) I know he never would, and tell him that is just an excuse.

mrssyvo said:
Janet, so sweet about the flowers. Hubby feels flowers are impractical, because they just die, and he would rather spend $$ on something that will last. I tried to explain to him that it is the impracticality that makes them so special. He does not understand, and now, after so many years, he says that if HE DID buy me flowers now, I would think he was cheating on me. (LOL) I know he never would, and tell him that is just an excuse.

There are a lot of things we buy that are "impractical". But we buy stuff because we enjoy it. My father used to use the same lame excuse for my mom. In fact, I've bought my mom flowers more than my dad did. The next time your hubby wants a certain something that is "impractical" maybe you should remind him about getting flowers.

I send my wife flowers several times a year at work. She gets a kick out of getting them at work. I think sending flowers out of the blue are great because it shows that special person that you are thinking of them, not just on V-day, birthdays, or whatever.

vtodd71 said:
There are a lot of things we buy that are "impractical". But we buy stuff because we enjoy it. My father used to use the same lame excuse for my mom. In fact, I've bought my mom flowers more than my dad did. The next time your hubby wants a certain something that is "impractical" maybe you should remind him about getting flowers.

I send my wife flowers several times a year at work. She gets a kick out of getting them at work. I think sending flowers out of the blue are great because it shows that special person that you are thinking of them, not just on V-day, birthdays, or whatever.

Just a suggestion, but next time you send your wife flowers at work, instead of signing your name sign it 'your secret admirer' she'll love it! My dh's uncle does this for his wife and the first time he did it she came home so excited/shocked. And when she realized it was he who did it, she said it made it even better. Just an idea I've always thought was cute and wanted to share.

1. What is the best way to transport the Dozen Red Roses in a Vase?

The best way to transport the Dozen Red Roses in a Vase is to carefully place them in a sturdy cardboard box or wrap them in paper and secure them with a rubber band or string. Keep the vase upright and avoid any sharp turns or movements to prevent the roses from getting damaged.

2. How long will the Dozen Red Roses in a Vase last?

The lifespan of the Dozen Red Roses in a Vase will vary, but typically they can last up to a week with proper care. Be sure to change the water every few days and trim the stems at an angle to ensure they can continue to absorb water.

3. Can I customize the color of the roses in the vase?

Unfortunately, the Dozen Red Roses in a Vase come as a set and cannot be customized in terms of color. However, we do offer a variety of other floral arrangements that may have different color options.

4. Are the roses in the vase real or artificial?

The Dozen Red Roses in a Vase are real roses. We take great care in selecting and delivering fresh flowers to ensure the highest quality for our customers.

5. Can I add a personalized message to the vase?

Yes, you can add a personalized message to the vase. During the checkout process, there will be an option to add a note or message that will be included with the vase when it is delivered.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shannen
  • husbandwifepcteam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Mary Rose
Replies