• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Went Wrong with My Show Last Night?

In summary, the speaker talks about how they had a show last night at a women's health club and made recipes from the "It's Good for You" cookbook. They baked 48 wonton cups and a chicken caesar pizza. However, no one showed up for the show, except for one order and an outside order for a stone. The speaker suggests using postcalls.com to remind guests about the show and encourage the host to collect outside orders. They also mention a new recruiting DVD that they tried playing but had technical difficulties. Other speakers share similar experiences and offer advice and encouragement to keep going and make the most of the situation. The speaker plans to offer to make follow-up calls for the host to ensure it gets done.
mandydollie
So I got up yesterday morning and baked the wonton cups for my show last night. it was at a women's health club and we made recipes from the It's Good for You cookbook. I baked 48 wonton cups. Then rushed home to finish the mixture for those, bake a crust for the chicken caesaer pizza and load my van. Got there 45 minutes before showtime, got set up and sat and chatted with my host. She's an old friend from high school. The show was supposed to start at 6:30. NO ONE SHOWED!!!! Now normally I would say that she didn't mail out the invites...but I mailed them out.... 44 of them. She had one order placed on the PWS for her show and had collected one outside order for a stone. That's IT!!!! To top it off, in my rush to get out of the door, I completely forgot to put the chicken on the pizza!!!! So she and I had a good laugh about that while we snacked on our lettuce pizza while we packed up.

Also, I tried playing my new recruiting DVD in my laptop. It wouldn't work so I put it in her computer. There was sound but no picture. Anyone have this problem????

I am so sorry :(
Did she make the reminder calls the day before?

Encourage her to call everyone and get outside orders.

I don't think she made the reminder calls. She said that she reminded people as they came in the gym... who knows. She wanted to just give up last night and I told her NO,....left her with more catalogs and asked her to please collect several orders.

Amanda,

The DVD plays on your television!:) Hopefully your host will get more orders - I know it's disapppointing but if they want free stuff - she may work a little harder!

Mandy,

So sorry to hear about your show liast night! Frustrating for both you and the hostess! Keep encouraging her! If you'd like to offer to do follow up calls check out postcalls.com. You can record a message and send to everyone on the guest list as a reminder. Let me know if you would like a referral because I think you get a better deal than the regular one and I'd get free calls :).

no one showedYES , this has happened to me and it may happen again . But don't worry like every one said just have her get the outside orders from all 44 people that she was going to have come to the show.
Belive it or not this CAN be one of your best shows ever. 44 orders can be great. I had a show that I drove 73 miles to set ect .... no one showed up . she felt so bad so she got orders well the party was over 1000.00 .
good luck Doreen

The secret when no one shows up:

No one knows this. Either you or your host call and tell the guests (honestly) that they "missed a great time, there was laughter and some great recipes, that everyone had a chance to laugh at ourselves a little, and that you do still have a chance to get in four truly great opportunities from the show...

1) purchasing products with a fantastic free $12 nylon cooking tool
2) scheduling their own fun night out with girlfriends
3) the opportunity to live your dreams, to make significant income with a flexible schedule and
4) to give back to the community or a worthy cause with a 15-50% profit Pampered Chef fundraiser.

How many of these opportunities would you like to take advantage of today?"

Good Luck. God Bless You!

Scott - what FABULOUS advice!!!

That stinks!! Sorry! Did anyone RSVP?

I still have not received the new recruiting DVD :mad:

letscook04 said:
I still have not received the new recruiting DVD :mad:

I haven't received mine either and am getting kinda annoyed :(

dannyzmom said:
I haven't received mine either and am getting kinda annoyed :(

I just got mine today but have not watched it yet.

I got mine today as well! Also that was GREAT advice Scott! I will put that to use if that ever happens to me!

I think I will offer to make her follow up calls. That way i know that it's done. Scott, that was great! I did get my DVD to work in my laptop and it's GREAT!!! My fiance sat and watched Don Funt's part in awe!!!

Related to What Went Wrong with My Show Last Night?

What happened at the worst show ever last night?

At the worst show ever last night, there were several mishaps that occurred. The host forgot to invite guests, the products were not properly displayed, and the food samples were burnt.

Why was the show so bad?

The show was bad due to a combination of factors. The host did not properly prepare or promote the event, the products were not presented well, and the overall atmosphere was chaotic and disorganized.

Will there be a compensation for attending the worst show ever last night?

We apologize for the negative experience you had at the show. However, as an independent consultant, I am unable to provide compensation. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

How can I avoid attending a bad show like the one last night?

To avoid attending a bad show, it is important to do your research beforehand. Make sure the host has properly planned and promoted the event, and ask for recommendations from others who have attended shows with that host before.

What can be done to improve the worst show ever last night?

We understand that the show did not meet your expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any specific feedback or suggestions, please reach out to our customer service team so we can make necessary improvements for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bentleymommy
Replies