• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad Recipe Card

In summary, the recipe card for the Cheesburger Salad says to use the slotted turner to break the ground beef into crumbles, but this can be done with the mix n' chop. It's a new consultant recipe, so the Mix N Chop is not included in the kit. Many people have made this recipe, and it was a big hit. The salad can be served warm or cold, and the hamburger bun croutons were liked the best. Another clustermate made the recipe and said it was easy and good.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
Has anyone read through their recipe card for the Cheesburger Salad and noticed that it says to break the ground beef into crumbles using the slotted turner??? Seems like to me that this should be the mix n' chop. I don't know if it's a misprint or what, but was just curious what you all thought :)

It's probably so that the recipe uses only Kit products.

Don't have it in front of me, but I think it's classified as a "New Consultant" recipe, so that would make sense since the Mix N Chop is not in the New Consultant Kit.

they are right - its because its a new consultant recipe. I wondered the same thing at first - you can use your Mix & Chop anyway! I plan too! Everybody loves that thing!

So anyone actually try this recipe? It sounds good (subbing it with turkey meat anyway)! :)

I made it yesterday and was shocked too when I read that. It makes total sense now! Thanks for clarifying.

heat123 said:
So anyone actually try this recipe? It sounds good (subbing it with turkey meat anyway)! :)

I should have made it just as the recipe said, but I thought well we don't all like ketchup and we don't all like mustard so we can each add our own condiments. Then when I watched the video today it looked much more appetizing when they made it correctly.

It was kind of hard to eat though. Everything kept falling off of the fork. If I had mixed in all of the condiments it might have stuck better though.

So I have to make it again to see if I really like it. The hamburger bun croutons were my favorite part!

i MADE THIS RECIPE and it was ahuge hit. I followed the recipe exactly. It should be served warm - it is better that way.

Andrea - any tips other than serve warm? I agree on a salad with meat, I like the meat warm.

Diane (quiverfull) was supposed to make it at a show last night - I can't wait to see how it went! It just looks so easy and good - I'm thinking with a beverage (the Mojito recipe (new SB) or the killer Margaritas) this will be a great summertime show!

Another clustermate made it and told us on the loop that he should have started the hamburger later (it got cold while prepping the other ingredients) and then he had to warm it up. He said to get everything else completely prepped and ready - and then do the hamburger. I dont have the recipe in front of me so dont know the order of the steps, but I'll remember that!

We had this at our Spring Kick-off yesterday. It was great!

It was cold for us and just fine. They scooped it onto the trays and on the salad with a medium scoop. That clumped it together good and made it perfect to eat...

I did my meat at home and then just heated it at the house and mixed it with the pickes, ketchup and mustard. This saved me from having to fry the hamburger at the hosts house. It looks great on the large Rect platter. Everyoone from ages 25 to 80 eas thrilled with it. I was a bit nervous about that. I also made the chocolate velvet cake with strawberries - page 26. This is great warm and good cold. The chocolate melted with the ice cream is a great texture to make chocolate covered strawberries.

Ahh...makes total sense now...I was so confused :) I love you guys...always able to answer all of my questions :)

What ingredients do I need to make the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

The ingredients for this recipe include ground beef, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and croutons.

How do I prepare the ground beef for this salad?

To prepare the ground beef, cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat and then mix in the onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this salad?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. However, cheddar cheese is recommended for its classic cheeseburger flavor.

Do I need to use croutons in this salad?

No, you can leave out the croutons if you prefer. They add a nice crunch and texture to the salad, but the recipe will still be delicious without them.

How long does this salad stay fresh in the refrigerator?

This salad is best served immediately after preparing it. However, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the lettuce may become wilted and the croutons may become soggy if stored for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • 2crazyboys
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
2crazyboys
  • elizabethfox