• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Orange Chicken Lo Mein Recipe for Your Next Dinner Party

cookbook.The recipe is broken into steps, so you can't just copy and paste it. You need to follow the link to the recipe, and then click on the "step by step" link that is in the lower left-hand corner.
PC Nut
I don't have the recipe book that this recipe was featured in our last PC catalog. I can't find it online either. Can someone post it on here for me please. Need it for a show on 4/17. TIA

Check out the links at the bottom of the page.Also, the search feature on the site isn't worth beans, but you can always use Google to search the site. Just put in your seach term, and follow it with "site:chefsuccess.com" (without the quotation marks).

Orange Chicken Lo Mein
2 oranges
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp veg. oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 pkg (3 oz each) ramen noodles, any flavor, split into halves
1 bag (12-16 oz) frozen stir-fry veggie blend (e.g. broccoli, carrots & peapods) thawed
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage

1. Zest 2 orange using Microplane Adj. Grater to measure 1 Tbsp. Juice both oranges to measure 1/2 cup. Combine zest, juice, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce & seasoning mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Set aside.

2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine egg, salt & black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Combine flour & cornstarch in large Colander Bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into Skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside & keep warm.

3. Add pressed garlic to skillet. Cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Omitting seasoning packets, add ramen noodles & orange mixture to skillet. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add stir-fry blend & cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are hot & cabbage is crisp tender. Add chick to skillet; mix well to coat chicken.

Cooks tip: If desired, 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.

Thank you sooooooo much for the recipe.

NooraK said:
Check out the links at the bottom of the page.

Also, the search feature on the site isn't worth beans, but you can always use Google to search the site. Just put in your seach term, and follow it with "site:chefsuccess.com" (without the quotation marks).

I've had to start using the site-specific google search, too. The search is broken, IMO. It used to work somewhat, giving way too many results to sift through, but lately it always says "no matches" whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure this recipe is in the weekday dinners done (2nd volume)

Related to Delicious Orange Chicken Lo Mein Recipe for Your Next Dinner Party

1. What ingredients do I need for the Orange Chicken Lo Mein?

The ingredients for this dish include chicken breast, lo mein noodles, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, orange zest, and vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, and green onions.

2. Can I use a different protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, or beef for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How long does it take to make this dish?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time by cooking the chicken and noodles separately, and then tossing everything together right before serving. You can also prepare the sauce and vegetables ahead of time and store them in the fridge until ready to cook.

5. Can I make this dish vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this dish vegetarian by omitting the chicken and adding extra vegetables or tofu. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kdangel518