• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Honey Apple Brie Bites: A Must-Try Recipe for Easy Entertaining

In summary, the recipe sounds easy to make, but the lemon didn't taste very good. The cinnamon sprinkles added a good flavor.
avelissar
I was wondering if anyone has tried out this recipe? Is it good? It sounds pretty easy to make.

Thanks!

Andrea

I haven't tried it- but would like to! I'm a new 'brie-addict', and that one sounds yummy and very seasonal.
Where is that recipe?

In the new cookbook - Easy and Impressive Appetizers.

A consultant at the team meeting made it earlier this week and said that the lemon wasn't very good. At all. So she instead substituted the cinnamon sprinkles and they tasted really good.

I made it once for a meeting & was not impressed. Also If there is any liquid, the cups get all mushy...HTH

We made these at our cluster meeting this week, and while everyone liked them, most of us thought they could use something. (We used pie crust instead of phyllo cups because our director couldn't find them, and she went to four stores! But the pie crust was yummy, I'd definitely use it again.) Others in my team thought the cinnamon sprinkles would be good.I think there are a couple ways they could be better. One is, I'd get rid of the honey - it caused some of the filling to burn where it bubbled over the sides of the MMP and it made the filling quite sweet. I'd substitute apple butter instead for an extra apple-y flavor. The other thing I'd like to try is using cheddar cheese instead of brie (like cheddar on apple pie - yum!).

yes, I made this for a family get together and would not make it again. While I thought it sounded like a good idea, felt it was a lot of work and had no real flavor.

Thanks for the info! I will not make these....Pepper Pecan Brie it is!

I was going to either make these or the Chili Lime Meatballs for a get-together on Sunday. I am so glad I read this thread! Chili-Lime Meatballs it is.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I made these for a meeting the other night and EVERYONE LOVED
THEM!!! They are SO easy to make, and make a great demo (use cookware or stoneware for toasting walnuts, santoku for cutting brie, utility knife for cutting apples,
food chopper for walnuts, easy read measuring cups, batter bowl, spatulas, baking pan, etc.) They were a big hit!! I think I will add a little cinnamon plus spice!

I made them and took them to a wine tasting party. They were a huge hit. I found them very easy to make as long as you can find the phyllo cups, I would call around to the grocery stores to ask if they carry them. I also thought it would be a good recipe to demo. I did make one small change to the recipe, I used pecans instead of walnuts because I had them on hand. I know there are people out there that don't care for brie so I would not make this as one of my main recipes to demo but would offer it for an appetizer show.

Those of you who found success - did you follow the recipe exactly?

Are they only good warm? how about room temperature?

avelissar said:
Are they only good warm? how about room temperature?

BOTH- I CAN"T BELIEVE some of the other comments!! I have done these twice, once for a booth and another for a Kitchen Expo that myself and 15 other Directors put on and EVERYONE loved them!
The first time I think I put in too much lemon, the second they were great!! Now I used a mini cups, so it made double the amount of cups, but they were sooooooo good!!!!!

How soon before hand can these be made? Due to the honey, I am thinking they should be made the same day they are served.

You need to make them the same day that they are served, but the directions say that you can fill the cups with the brie ahead of time and just top with the apples right before baking. They are good warm or at room temp.

I picked up the stuff to make these today. I'll be giving them a try soon. I've got a carry-in with my networking group coming up in December, and I'm trying to decide what to take. It's a good 40 minutes from home, so I need something that travels well. I'm planning to take a Black Forest Trifle, but wanted something else to take along. I'm hoping these will fill the bill.

raebates said:
I picked up the stuff to make these today. I'll be giving them a try soon.

I've got a carry-in with my networking group coming up in December, and I'm trying to decide what to take. It's a good 40 minutes from home, so I need something that travels well. I'm planning to take a Black Forest Trifle, but wanted something else to take along. I'm hoping these will fill the bill.

I think these would work great! I took them to our kitchen expo 45 mins from home!

Thanks. Good to know.

Wow! They were great. I made just a small sampling, using about 1/2 pkg of the shells. I immediately made up the rest. Love them!

I can't wait to try these!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Honey Apple Brie Bites?

To make Honey Apple Brie Bites, you will need:

• 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
  • 4 oz Brie cheese, cut into small cubes
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

2. How do I assemble the Honey Apple Brie Bites?

Roll out the thawed puff pastry into a large square. Cut the square into smaller squares. Place a cube of Brie cheese and a slice of apple on each square. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold the corners of the pastry towards the center, forming a small bundle. Press the edges together to seal the pastry. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

3. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Honey Apple Brie Bites ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also freeze them before baking and bake them straight from the freezer, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer. Some other great options are goat cheese, gorgonzola, or cheddar. Just make sure to cut the cheese into small cubes so they fit on the pastry squares.

5. What are some serving suggestions for Honey Apple Brie Bites?

Honey Apple Brie Bites make a great appetizer for parties or gatherings. They can also be served as a sweet and savory snack. For added flavor, you can serve them with a side of honey or apricot jam for dipping. They pair well with a glass of white wine or sparkling cider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
chefann