• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Holiday Ideas: Chocolate-Dipped Bamboo Spoons

In summary, the spoons looked great and everyone loved them. They had some tips for dipping the spoons in chocolate and flavoring them, and also found some wrappers at Hobby Lobby.
missydivine
Gold Member
I thought that I would share some of the sm bamboo spoons I dipped in choc and a couple of other holiday ideas I had.

Attachments

• spoons 2 25.jpg
    spoons 2 25.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 624
  • spoons 25.jpg
    spoons 25.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 531
  • Mug 2 25.jpg
    Mug 2 25.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 656
  • Candles 25.jpg
    Candles 25.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 570
Mary~

Those are sooo cute! I love the mug picture!

Those are adorable! I love the mug package too! Great idea!

adorable!
:)
:)

Good job, they all look great.

Nice job! They all look great! Now I want a chocolate spoon.......

I LOVE them!!!!

Great job as always Mary!

SpoonsGreat job with the spoons! Any tips for dipping? What did you melt the cocolate in? I tried but the white didn't turn out so great. I think the cup idea is a wonderful idea!:love:

Wowee! Great job on all of it!

Love them!:)

Very cute!!

Everything looks great! I did some spoons up to show at my shows and I just used chocolate and sprinkled crushed up candy canes. They were cute too.

mombird4 said:
Great job with the spoons! Any tips for dipping? What did you melt the cocolate in? I tried but the white didn't turn out so great. I think the cup idea is a wonderful idea!:love:
I used almond bark, you could use those Wilton melting disks, they come in all colors.

These look great - I've been trying to think of something for the kids' bus drivers and other "small" gift item people, now I know what I'm going to do - I have a bunch of spoons from a vendor event that didn't do as well as hoped, so now I can use them as gifts - thanks for the great ideas!!

Great Idea! I think I'll do those for a give-away at our girls only from work party next Sat. Thanks for sharing!!!

I'm glad you all liked them.

Those look great! I had forgotten about doing these for gifts. I always used the plastic spoons but the bamboo spoons are perfect now that I'm in PC. :D Nice job on the mugs. Anyone would be thrilled to get those!

I used to take orders and make candies and sweets for the holidays and would use these in the baskets. They were always a big hit. The milk chocolate spoons are great with either mint or cinnamon flavors added. Or use the peppermint with the white chocolate. I used the Wilton flavored oils. With the melting discs or the almond bark you don't have to worry about it seizing when you add the flavoring so much easier to work with than regular chocolate.

The people on here are so talented! I love seeing the ideas everyone has. :)

Those are really neat!!:chef: (loving the new chef smilie!)

I had tried white choc on the pretzels and I was so turned off. I found the trick is to not microwave the choc. MORE then 45 seconds. I f you do it will burn the choc. and give a clumpy look.

Your spoons are awesome!

:chef: Thanks! I like using the Wilton discs, or almond bark. I hadn't thought about adding flavoring. I may have to try that one next.:chef:

where did you find the little wrappers?

Very Cute!! :chef:

Cute, good job!

I love the idea of the dipped spoons. The only thing is that the spoons smell weird to me (the finish?). Plus, they are made in China now (old ones were made in Taiwan). I love what you did though. Too cute!

laylaleigh said:
where did you find the little wrappers?
I got them at Hobby Lobby, you can find them at JoAnn's and Michaels I'm sure.

Related to Delicious Holiday Ideas: Chocolate-Dipped Bamboo Spoons

1. How do I properly melt the chocolate for the bamboo spoons?

To melt the chocolate, you can use a double boiler or a microwave. If using a double boiler, place a heat-safe bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the chocolate until completely melted. If using a microwave, heat the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for the bamboo spoons?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the bamboo spoons. However, we recommend using high-quality chocolate such as dark, milk, or white chocolate for the best results.

3. How do I properly dip the bamboo spoons in chocolate?

First, make sure the spoons are completely dry. Then, hold the spoon at the base of the handle and dip it into the melted chocolate, making sure to cover the entire spoon. Gently tap the spoon on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place the spoon on a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.

4. Can I add toppings to the chocolate-dipped spoons?

Yes, you can add toppings such as crushed candy canes, sprinkles, or chopped nuts to the chocolate-dipped spoons before they set. This will add a festive touch and extra flavor to the spoons.

5. How long will the chocolate-dipped bamboo spoons stay fresh?

The chocolate-dipped bamboo spoons can stay fresh for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure to bring them to room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jasmine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Intrepid_Chef