• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the New Bamboo Serving Spoons Bubbling? Any Solutions?

In summary, a lot of people are having problems with the new bamboo serving spoons. Some are bubbling and fading, while others are having mold and cracking problems.
sarahlegare
Hi everyone!! I've had some of the new bamboo serving spoons start to bubble on the tips...:grumpy: Has anyone else had this problem??:confused: I'm really upset because just about everyone has ordered these & if they all have that same problem, I'll be doing alot of adjustments:(

I haven't noticed any bubbling, but I did just notice the tip on the one I use the most (egg shaped/oval) is "fading". That's a bummer.

I have noticed all of my bamboo have some fading and some bubbling. I just thought it was a normal thing. (I never had anything bamboo before.)

Mine too. Sad.

No way! I don't have any of the new bamboo stuff yet, except for the large and small tongs and I really haven't used them too much yet. I was soooooo excited when these came out! They look so "rich" and like they would last LONGER...not shorter!

Hopefully, if there is a production problem, they will get it fixed right away!

Keep us posted if you hear anything...I would CERTAINLY do adjustments on them!

KellyTheChef said:
No way! I don't have any of the new bamboo stuff yet, except for the large and small tongs and I really haven't used them too much yet. I was soooooo excited when these came out! They look so "rich" and like they would last LONGER...not shorter!

Hopefully, if there is a production problem, they will get it fixed right away!

Keep us posted if you hear anything...I would CERTAINLY do adjustments on them!

I would have to do an adjustment on all the bamboo stuff (i ordered the Sample package A, and it had all of them). What a pain!

I just had a customer call me last week that used her bamboo spoon for the first time and it split!!! She gave me all three spoons, and the other two looked messed up on the edges - bubbling and peeling. I checked mine, and one of them is doing the same thing. I've already put in for adjustments, but this can't be good....

I wonder if it has anything to do with the "new richer color" of the new bamboo pieces. I know I love my old bamboo stuff, I find myself using those over my scrapers.

I've used mine several times and haven't had any problem.

i went and looked at my bamboo and have also noticed some bubbling. I am wondering if this was when I left the spoon in the pan. I was able to do this to my other bamboo spoons (the older versions) with no problems. I'm wondering if I should call HO. I got these in my sample package.

everyone who is having a problem should let HO know. They won't know if we don't tell them. I haven't used mine because I have plenty of the old style, but this doesn't sound good. Perhaps it was a bad batch.

Mine are fading already too...the finish is coming off I guess.
It says in the Use and Care that it would do this over time...but I have only used it a few times...I use my Scrapers ALL the time...
Over time, no big deal, they still work... But right away, seems like there's no point to the finish.

Yeah, I even exchanged my small spreader because the finish came off the tip the first time I washed it. Now the spatulas are doing the same after only a few uses. I think this new finish definitely has some flaws.

The smallest of the new Specialty Spatulas seems to be peeling at the bottom too!! UGH I love that one!!

I haven't used mine yet. I just got them with FPV. I love the new color and hope this is not going to be a huge wide spread problem.

I've had a similar problem. I ordered the Bamboo Spoon Set and within the first 2-3 uses I noticed the narrow spoon had some fading at the tip. The REAL problem was when I noticed what looked like mold spots on the back of one of the other spoons and tiny cracks in the surface. I guess water got in and caused the problem?! Then today I go to put my oval spoon away & notice the the very tip is now kind of shredded! What gives?! I only ordered these because so many people had said how much they loved their bamboo pieces. I just started in Sept. and have had a few orders from the bamboo line so I'm praying this is just a freak incident. I already called HO and will have to return them at my own expense since they were shipped 30+ days ago (under a host's order).

dianevill said:
I just had a customer call me last week that used her bamboo spoon for the first time and it split!!! She gave me all three spoons, and the other two looked messed up on the edges - bubbling and peeling. I checked mine, and one of them is doing the same thing. I've already put in for adjustments, but this can't be good....

Same thing here, just got an email from host from last month and she said that there was a big chunck taken out of it on the end and now it is starting to fall apart..I did an adjustment on it this morning. But I haven't had any problems with my own thank good ness

ok well I was going to order the bamboo collection for my mom for Christmas.
Now I am sad and don't know whether I should go ahead with my order.:(

My large Bamboo tongs won't close all the way. All the pieces I have been using are faded. This is very noticable. I'm doing an adjustment on these pieces. UGH :yuck: I hope it's just a fluke in the first batch. I've sold lots of these already.

I just had a customer from my first party return her bamboo set because there was a chunk missing from it when she opened it....just got the pre paid label today.....:(

ok you all are scaring me I just closed a show that had 12 orders for the new bamboo pieces. One person is giving as a gift! Great!!!

What are the most common problems with new bamboo cookware?

The most common problems with new bamboo cookware include warping, cracking, splitting, and mold growth. These issues can occur when the bamboo is not properly seasoned or if it is exposed to excessive heat or moisture.

How can I prevent my bamboo cookware from warping?

To prevent warping, it is important to properly season your bamboo cookware before use. This involves soaking the cookware in water for a few hours and then heating it in the oven to remove excess moisture. Additionally, avoid exposing the cookware to extreme temperatures or prolonged exposure to water.

What should I do if my bamboo cookware cracks or splits?

If your bamboo cookware cracks or splits, it is important to stop using it immediately. You can try repairing it with food-safe glue, but it is recommended to replace the cookware to avoid any potential health hazards.

How do I clean and maintain my bamboo cookware?

To clean and maintain your bamboo cookware, hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the bamboo. It is also important to dry the cookware completely before storing it to prevent mold growth.

Is bamboo cookware safe for use with all types of food?

Yes, bamboo cookware is safe for use with all types of food. It is naturally antibacterial and does not contain any harmful chemicals, making it a safe and eco-friendly option for cooking and serving food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • paroese
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • esavvymom