• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Bamboo Spoons: What to Do?

In summary, if you have a cracked bamboo spoon, it is best to stop using it and replace it with a new one to ensure safe and hygienic cooking. To prevent cracking, avoid exposing the spoon to extreme temperatures and heavy foods. It is not recommended to repair a cracked bamboo spoon, and with proper care, it can last for several years before needing to be replaced.
milkangel
i have a lady that had her bamboo spoons crack and a few of mine did but the older ones are they supose to do that or not? what to do?

All of the new bamboo sets have a 3-year warranty, so you can send them back and get replacements if they are the newly restyled ones (starting in Sept., 07). If they're the old style, they also had a 3-year warranty, so if they're within the warranty period, send them back. They say they are "durable" and resist cracking and warping, so if that happens within the warranty period, I'd send them back! Good luck!

Get them replaced if the warranty hasn't expired. They shouldn't crack.

1. What should I do if my bamboo spoon is cracked?

If you notice a crack in your bamboo spoon, the first thing you should do is stop using it. Cracks can harbor bacteria and compromise the structural integrity of the spoon.

2. Can I still use my cracked bamboo spoon?

We do not recommend using a cracked bamboo spoon as it can potentially break or splinter while in use. It is best to replace it with a new one to ensure safe and hygienic cooking.

3. How can I prevent my bamboo spoon from cracking?

To prevent your bamboo spoon from cracking, make sure to properly care for it. Avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures, such as leaving it in a hot pan or soaking it in hot water. Also, avoid using it to stir thick or heavy foods, as this can put strain on the spoon and cause cracks.

4. Can I repair a cracked bamboo spoon?

It is not recommended to repair a cracked bamboo spoon as it may compromise its safety and effectiveness. It is best to replace it with a new one.

5. How long does a bamboo spoon typically last?

The longevity of a bamboo spoon depends on its usage and care. With proper care, a bamboo spoon can last for several years. If you notice any cracks or splinters, it is time to replace it with a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies