• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Chocolate Banana Trifle Recipe for Your Next Gathering

In summary, to make a chocolate banana trifle, layer chocolate pudding, sliced bananas, and whipped cream in a trifle dish. You can also add crushed cookies or chocolate shavings for texture. Other fruits like strawberries or raspberries can also be used. The trifle can be made a day in advance but it is best to assemble no more than 8 hours before serving. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but may change in texture and taste. Store-bought ingredients can be used for convenience, but homemade components can also be used for a fresher taste.
DebPC
Staff member
I want to make this at my Mysatery Host. I need to make it ahead of time and chill for a couple of hours. I've not made this before but have had it. Both times the chocolate ganache hardened into big pieces. Are we not supposed to chill it but eat it right away???

I have only made this once and it was at a party. Because I do not like bananas (unless it is banana bread!), I have not made this at home.

I made it. Very good and my chocolate didn't harden in the fridge. I did discover that it really needs a double batch of chocolate ganache. My husband liked it so much I'm making it again for his birthday.

I feel that I didn't have enough ganache either. Next time I'll make double. Mine didn't harden up either and I had it in the fridge for an hour or two before we ate it. It's SO good!!

Hi there! I'm so glad you're interested in making the Delicious Chocolate Banana Trifle for your next gathering. It's definitely a crowd-pleaser! In regards to your question about the chocolate ganache hardening, it's actually supposed to chill and firm up in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. However, it sounds like in your previous experiences, the ganache may have been chilled for too long or at too low of a temperature, causing it to harden into big pieces. I would suggest chilling it for just 1-2 hours and checking on it periodically to make sure it doesn't harden too much. You can also try warming it up slightly before serving if needed. I hope this helps and your Mysatery Host loves the trifle! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make a chocolate banana trifle?

To make a chocolate banana trifle, you will need layers of chocolate pudding, sliced bananas, and whipped cream in a trifle dish. Start by layering the chocolate pudding on the bottom of the dish, followed by a layer of sliced bananas, and then a layer of whipped cream. Repeat this process until the dish is filled, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top. You can also add crushed cookies or chocolate shavings between the layers for extra texture and flavor.

2. Can I use other fruits besides bananas in the trifle?

Yes, you can use any fruit of your choice in a chocolate banana trifle. Some other popular options include strawberries, raspberries, or even pineapple. Just make sure to slice the fruit thinly so it can easily layer with the other ingredients.

3. Can I make a chocolate banana trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a chocolate banana trifle a day in advance. However, for best results, it is recommended to assemble the trifle no more than 8 hours before serving. This will ensure that the layers stay intact and the bananas do not become too soft.

4. How do I store leftovers of a chocolate banana trifle?

If you have any leftovers of a chocolate banana trifle, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, the texture and taste may change slightly due to the moisture from the whipped cream and fruit. It is best to consume the trifle within 24 hours for optimal taste.

5. Can I use store-bought ingredients in a chocolate banana trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought ingredients in a chocolate banana trifle to save time. You can use pre-made chocolate pudding, canned whipped cream, and store-bought cookies for the layers. However, for a fresher and more homemade taste, you can also make these components from scratch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
amy07
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
trps
Replies