• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Greek Island Pastry Recipe: A Big Hit at Shows!

In summary, Greek Islands Pastry refers to traditional pastries and desserts commonly found in the Greek islands. Some popular types include Baklava, Galaktoboureko, Loukoumades, and Kourabiedes. The main ingredients used vary, but often include phyllo dough, honey or syrup, nuts, and spices. Many pastries can be made at home, and there are also options for vegan and gluten-free versions.
DebPC
Staff member
I just made this at a show for the first time this last weekend on our round stone.
It's in the All The Best CB and I've passed it by for years. It was a big hit and makes a great demo recipe. I cooked the crust ahead- but you could do it there ahead of the show. I'm going to start making this personally too. Big yum! Plus I followd the recipe and used Italian Seasoning since it sells for more then the greek one.

Ingredients:-1 pound ground beef-1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained-1/2 cup diced onion-1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning-1/2 teaspoon salt-1/4 teaspoon black pepper-1/4 cup ketchup-1/4 cup BBQ sauce-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese-1/4 cup sliced black olives-1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley-1 pre-made 12-inch pizza crustInstructions:1. Preheat oven to 375°F.2. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain off fat.3. Add the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.4. Remove from heat and stir in the ketchup, BBQ sauce, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, olives, and parsley.5. Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the crust.6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.7. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!

Wow, that sounds amazing! I love trying out new recipes at shows and it's always a great feeling when they turn out to be a big hit. I'll have to check out the All The Best CB and give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing your experience and for the tip about using Italian Seasoning. Happy cooking!

What is Greek Islands Pastry?

Greek Islands Pastry refers to a variety of traditional pastries and desserts that are commonly found in the Greek islands. These pastries are made using local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques, and are often served as a sweet treat or dessert.

What are some popular types of Greek Islands Pastry?

Some popular types of Greek Islands Pastry include Baklava, Galaktoboureko, Loukoumades, and Kourabiedes. Baklava is a sweet pastry made with layers of phyllo dough, nuts, and syrup. Galaktoboureko is a custard-filled pastry. Loukoumades are deep-fried dough balls dipped in honey or syrup. Kourabiedes are almond cookies dusted with powdered sugar.

What are the main ingredients used in Greek Islands Pastry?

The main ingredients used in Greek Islands Pastry vary depending on the type of pastry, but some common ingredients include phyllo dough, honey or syrup, nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or pistachios), and various spices and flavorings (such as cinnamon or rosewater).

Can Greek Islands Pastry be made at home?

Yes, many types of Greek Islands Pastry can be made at home. However, some pastries, such as Baklava, may require more time and effort to make compared to others. There are many recipes available online that provide step-by-step instructions for making these traditional pastries.

Are there any vegan or gluten-free options for Greek Islands Pastry?

Yes, there are some vegan and gluten-free options for Greek Islands Pastry. For example, Loukoumades can be made using a vegan batter and can be topped with a vegan honey substitute. Some bakeries and restaurants in the Greek islands also offer gluten-free versions of traditional pastries, such as Baklava made with gluten-free phyllo dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies