• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Beer Bread: A Tastefully Simple Experience

In summary, the customer prefers the beer bread mix from Tastefully Simple over the bread mix from Southern Living. The beer bread mix from Tastefully Simple is said to be more moist and the bread mix from Southern Living is said to be denser. The variations on the Tastefully Simple beer bread mix include cheesy salsa and grilled cheese sandwiches.
WLMcCoy
I'm not a huge fan of beer bread, actually I despise it. Last night I made some by Tastefully Simple (don't shun me, it was a Christmas gift!!), & it was delicious!!
I haven't tried our beer bread mix, but if it is as good, I'll be addicted..
What's your opinion on our beer bread mix?

I, also, love TS's beer bread but have not tried ours. I hear it is good.

gailz2 said:
I, also, love TS's beer bread but have not tried ours. I hear it is good.

Ditto! I have tried TS but not TPC.

Come on guys.. give ours a try. I use ours all the time. I keep a couple of boxes on hand and use it for meetings and to use as a quick 2nd recipe at shows.

This, in my opinion, is the differnece between the two. TS's beer bread mix produces a moister loaf and our mix produces a denser loaf. I like both of them and ours seems to keep better because it's not so moist.

I've made our once, and my company could not stop eating it. Although I haven't tried TS, I would highly recommend ours. I always keep a box on hand.

I love ours...it is very good! My co-workers can't get enough of it!

I actually just made a loaf for the first time. I loved it. I agree it is a little dense, but wonderful served warm with butter. In my opinion it tastes a little sweet.

I used a bottle of Samuel Adams Winter Ale to mix it up. It mixed really easily, put the beer in the batter bowl, add the mix and then put it in a stoneware loaf pan. My hubby loves it! And wants me to order more.

It does take almost an hour to bake, so I don't know about doing it at a show because of time constrains.

I know this isn't good for selling our own mix, but you can make your own beer bread

3 cups of self rising flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 12 ounce can/bottle beer

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 and then melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour over the top and bake for another 10 minutes.

It came from Southern Living - tastes as good as or better than TS or PC!

So your customer can afford to buy the loaf pan because they'll save money on the recipe!

I love our beer bread - just as much as TS. I do wish we would come out w/a wheat one.

I have a host who was addicted to TS before we came out with ours...she bought ours and her testimony is "PC's bakes up better and doesn't crumble like TS's does" She is totally sold on ours...

I had tried TS twice before ever trying ours. I really like TS, I had it first at at TS party, then at our PC Christmas party where everyone brings something, one of the consultants gasp:eek: brought TS beer bread because she had it on hand. I just tried ours at my recruiters Superbowl party. It is good, I do like it but oh no I'm terrible I actually prefer TS:eek::eek:. I'll have to order ours sometime and make it myself and see if I can win myself over!!:);)

I just tried our BB a little while ago, and I loved it equally to TS! I don't drink or cook with alcohol, so I use Sierra Mist (sprite is okay, but a little sweeter). It's a sweeter bread I guess compared to when you use beer (I'm assuming), but I love it. I like to make it when we have soups. Now that I love ours, I have no need for TS anymore! ;)

Anyone try the variations on the box?

The cheesy salsa variation is EXCELLENT!And if you're looking for something different to do with beer bread, it makes great grilled cheese sandwiches, although you have to cook them a long time over low heat so they brown and don't burn (or stay soggy).

I LOVE our beer bread. It is dense enough that I can toast it then spread it with Peanut butter! YUM!!!

I have a whole sheet of variations somewhere... Let me go look.

here it is...

Attachments

• Beer Bread Variations.doc
    16 KB · Views: 460
etteluap70PC said:
here it is...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to making some of them...

I like TS Savory Wheat Beer Bread but before I tried it, I was just making it from scratch. Having been a TS rep, I have tried both and while I like TS beer bread better, I don't like their business model in the slightest.
Once I run out of wheat mix, I'll be making it from scratch again. With diet Dr Pepper instead of beer about half the time (it's really good that way).

The cinnamon apple variation is great!I've made the basic recipe most recently with ginger ale. The Furry Guy loves it.

negativitysucks said:
I like TS Savory Wheat Beer Bread but before I tried it, I was just making it from scratch. Having been a TS rep, I have tried both and while I like TS beer bread better, I don't like their business model in the slightest.
Once I run out of wheat mix, I'll be making it from scratch again. With diet Dr Pepper instead of beer about half the time (it's really good that way).

What is different about their business model from PC?

I love our Beer Bread but I don't use beer. My kids hate me even calling it Beer Bread! We use 7Up or Sprite or Sierra Mist or even club soda. Anything carbonated is fine. Now I'm getting hungry for some! Wish I had the energy to make some!! I love to make it in the mini loaf pan. I've made the cheesy/salsa variation & liked it too. I can't remember if I have tried any other variations or not. (Man, I miss my mind!)

I have never tried ours and actually just placed a supply order including it because my sister ordered two boxes on a show. Guess I'll have to see!

ours is so awesome -- and 2 packages in the box!!

I absolutely love ours! I do really like TS's also, but I think ours is a better bargain, right? Isn't theirs only one per box? Whatever, I love both! Try baking them in the silicone floral cupcake pan -- very cute!

I really like ours...I'm wondering about making a loaf prior to a show and having guests try the dipping oils with it...Cross sell...along with a loaf pan or mini loaf pan.

pampchefrhondab said:
What is different about their business model from PC?

The website that you have to have in order to sell products online is $10.95 a month and you have to pay for your own credit card processing with your own account. Host programs are not generous but the consultant still has to pay those. A party may pay 36% commission but after cc fees, host incentives, and sample cost, the actual commission is closer to 20%. The support is practically nonexistent in my area and I have found other consultants to be actually mean to each other and never ever supportive or helpful. Meetings are never centrally located and my upline, in particular, expected me to be happy about going it alone, since that's what they did ten years ago when they started. The only support I received was from a consultant group on the other side of the country who let me into their online family and helped me out a lot. The online consultant group in my area was invitation only and though I asked to be included several times, I was ignored. They didn't just lose a consultant, they lost a loyal customer for the last 9 years.

Pampered Chef has been terrific to me. I'm kicking myself for not joining sooner.

I haven't made ours in quite a while, but I haven't made TS either but i have several friends who swear by it and bring it to everything we do so I get to sample it a lot. From what I remember of ours it's not quite as sweet as the TS mix, correct?

pcsharon1 said:
I haven't made ours in quite a while, but I haven't made TS either but i have several friends who swear by it and bring it to everything we do so I get to sample it a lot. From what I remember of ours it's not quite as sweet as the TS mix, correct?

Like I said, I haven't tried ours, but I think that's why I actually like TS's b/c it's so sweet.

You all have talked me into trying ours though! I'll let you know what I think!

negativitysucks said:
The website that you have to have in order to sell products online is $10.95 a month and you have to pay for your own credit card processing with your own account. Host programs are not generous but the consultant still has to pay those. A party may pay 36% commission but after cc fees, host incentives, and sample cost, the actual commission is closer to 20%.

My girlfriend (who hosted my first PC party), just signed w/ TS. I told her I'd host her first party & WOW!!! No host specials until you sell $500 (& it's just soap) & you only earn $10 in free product for every $100 you sell! OUCH! That will get me one spice for free... Don't get me wrong, I like TS's stuff... But their business benefits DO NOT COMPARE to PC.. I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!! YAH!!

When I have a crowd, I make the beer bread in the mini-muffin pans (or the regular muffins...depends on the crowd!)...they bake up faster (just watch for doneness), and it's always a hit.

I like to make it with a really dark beer...love the richness and bitterness of it.

I haven't had TS, but I wasn't impressed with the parmesean biscuits I made the other day, so since I know I like TPC's, I won't bother with TS's.

You don't know what you're missing/saving - make your own for pennies! 3 c self-rising flour, 1/2 c sugar, can/bottle of beer - bake at 350 for 45 mins, melt 1/2 stick butter and pour on top and bake for another 10 minutes - YUMMO!

WLMcCoy said:
My girlfriend (who hosted my first PC party), just signed w/ TS. I told her I'd host her first party & WOW!!! No host specials until you sell $500 (& it's just soap) & you only earn $10 in free product for every $100 you sell! OUCH! That will get me one spice for free... Don't get me wrong, I like TS's stuff... But their business benefits DO NOT COMPARE to PC.. I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!! YAH!!

Yup--and your consultant has to absorb all those benefits (few as they are). The 3 dip dish, for instance, has an alleged value of $30 but the consultant has to pay $10 for it if you earn it. And while it is really nice (for baking three mini loaves of beer bread, for instance, or dip if you really want three at once), it just sucks to have TS tell you what to spend your commission on, yet still refer to it as earnings. :eek:

My last host earned $440 in free merchandise on a $1512.00 show. With Tastefully Simple, she would have earned $150 in free product but since there was only one booking, she would not have earned all the hostess gifts besides a dip spreader and maybe a bread board. Not to mention all the other benefits she got (4 half price items, 30% off, etc). And I didn't have to pay for any of that great stuff!

LOVE our Beer Bread! I've done the alt. versions of the cheesy salsa bread and the apple nut bread and they are all YUMMO! :p I cannot compare it to TS only because I have not had the other's! My family LOVES our beer bread!

nikked said:
When I have a crowd, I make the beer bread in the mini-muffin pans (or the regular muffins...depends on the crowd!)...they bake up faster (just watch for doneness), and it's always a hit..

how long do you bake it in these?

I'm the only one in my house that likes beer bread. What I really love to do is slice it really thick (@ 3/4 inch) toast it and put butter on it for breakfast - yummy!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm the only one in my house that likes beer bread. What I really love to do is slice it really thick (@ 3/4 inch) toast it and put butter on it for breakfast - yummy!

This is my absolute favorite too Linda! Thought I was nuts...

etteluap70PC said:
This is my absolute favorite too Linda! Thought I was nuts...

I can handle being nuts with you.....:D

Personally, I prefer TS BB, and so do many of my customers. BUT, I do have one lady (Linda) that swears by PC's BB and so I keep some on hand at all times for her because she calls me like hours before she needs it.
As far as those about price....PC is $9 for 2-19oz pkgs, and TS is $5.49 for one or $14.49 for a 3-pk ($4.83ea), so not much of a difference.
Being as I sell both I know there are definate perks to each company and yet they compliment one another VERY well. What I find frustrating is when they start overlapping. And I must say my biggest grip with TS is the hostess plan of which I find myself giving alot more. But I LOVE the products which is why I still do both.
Either way, to each their own and ya definately gotta love what you do!

pamperedlinda said:
I can handle being nuts with you.....:D

Thanks for making me chuckle out loud! Definetly great company to be in!

Thanks Linda!

easytoprepare said:
personally, i prefer ts bb, and so do many of my customers. But, i do have one lady (linda) that swears by pc's bb and so i keep some on hand at all times for her because she calls me like hours before she needs it.
As far as those about price....pc is $9 for 2-19oz pkgs, and ts is $5.49 for one or $14.49 for a 3-pk ($4.83ea), so not much of a difference.
Being as i sell both i know there are definate perks to each company and yet they compliment one another very well. What i find frustrating is when they start overlapping. And i must say my biggest grip with ts is the hostess plan of which i find myself giving alot more. But i love the products which is why i still do both.
Either way, to each their own and ya definately gotta love what you do!

ditto !!!!

What is beer bread?

Beer bread is a type of quick bread that is made with beer as one of the main ingredients. It is a simple and delicious recipe that can be customized with different types of beer and mix-ins.

How do I make beer bread?

To make beer bread, simply combine the beer bread mix with a can of beer and any desired mix-ins. Mix until just combined, then pour into a greased loaf pan and bake according to package instructions. It's a quick and easy way to enjoy freshly baked bread in no time.

What makes Tastefully Simple's beer bread mix different?

Tastefully Simple's beer bread mix is made with high-quality ingredients, including unbleached flour and natural flavorings. This results in a delicious, homemade taste without the hassle of making bread from scratch.

Can I use any type of beer for beer bread?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for beer bread. Lighter beers will result in a lighter, more subtle flavor while darker beers will add a richer, more complex flavor. You can also experiment with different flavors and styles of beer to create unique and delicious beer bread.

Is Tastefully Simple's beer bread mix really that good?

We may be biased, but we truly believe that our beer bread mix is top-notch. Our mix has received rave reviews from countless customers who have tried and loved it. Give it a try and see for yourself!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Becky0216
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ShelbyMichalek