• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beer Bread in a Crock: A Delicious Gift Idea!

In summary, beer bread is a quick bread that uses beer as its main leavening agent for a unique flavor and texture. It is essential to use beer in this recipe, as it helps the bread rise and adds its distinctive taste. Any type of beer can be used, with lighter beers giving a milder flavor and darker beers giving a richer, more robust taste. The preparation time for this recipe is only 5 minutes, but the bread will need to bake for 50-60 minutes. It can also be made ahead of time and frozen, with instructions for thawing before serving.
ChefJeniLobdell
I have two stoneware crocks that I received in my surprise boxes. I would like to put them together with a box of our Beer Bread mix as a gift.

Does anyone know if the beer bread can be made in the crocks? If so, how to bake?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
:chef:

Last edited:
Anybody???

Didn't they come with use and care cards?

Yes. But there is no information on it about making the beer bread in the crock. The beer bread box states it can be made in the stoneware loaf pan or a 5x9 metal loaf pan. I measured the crock and it is 4 x 6. I am not sure if the bread will bake properly in it.

Sorry, I have a crock that I've never used, I would be interested to know if it would work too......

Yes. You can make the beer bread in the crock. In fact for a while they had a gift set with a crock and a pouch of the beer bread mix (1/2 the box).

Make the bread according to directions on the box.

Thanks for your help Beth.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help you with your question. Yes, you can absolutely make our Beer Bread mix in your stoneware crocks. They are actually perfect for baking bread in because they distribute heat evenly and help create a crispy crust. To bake the bread, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease the inside of the crocks with butter or cooking spray. Prepare the Beer Bread mix according to the package instructions and then pour the batter into the crocks, filling them about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the crocks for a few minutes before removing them and slicing. Your gift recipients are going to love this delicious and unique gift idea! Happy baking! :chef:

What is beer bread?

Beer bread is a type of quick bread that is made with beer as the main leavening agent, giving it a unique flavor and texture.

Do I have to use beer to make this bread?

Yes, beer is an essential ingredient in this recipe. The carbonation in the beer helps the bread rise and gives it a distinctive taste.

Can I use any type of beer in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beer you like. However, lighter beers tend to produce a milder flavor, while darker beers will give the bread a richer, more robust taste.

How long does it take to make beer bread in a crock?

The actual preparation time for this recipe is only about 5 minutes. However, the bread will need to bake for 50-60 minutes, so the total time from start to finish is around an hour.

Can I make this bread ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make beer bread in a crock ahead of time and freeze it. Once it has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw at room temperature when ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mystik
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools
Replies
Views
rockyrhode
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies