• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes for Bazaars - Recipe Ideas and Pricing Tips

You buy the batter bowl and the recipe book at a discount from the supplier, and give them as gifts to your family members.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I would like to make up some of these for some upcoming bazaars. Anyone have any recipes? It seems like I remember seeing some where the ingredients were layered in the BB, a recipe card was attached and used as a gift. Also, any suggestions on a price for this at a bazaar?

I am a CDN Consultant - so maybe it is different here.

Under CC - there SHOULD BE 'Home for the Holidays' under the Theme Show Archives. Check it out for the recipes.....

That is such a cool idea. If you find the info, please post for the rest of us.

As far as a price, I would add a reasonable amount to the cost of the batter bowl for the cookie mix and packaging. Come to think of it....I would tie a Small Mix n Scraper with a ribbon to the handle of the batter bowl and make it a combo deal.

Go to Consultant's Corner > Products & Recipes > Enhance Your Shows > Theme Show Recipe Archives

Go all the way down to the Fall/Winter 2003 "Celebrations" recipes - on the far-right, you'll see the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix and the Celebration Cookie Mix, with perfect little tags you can print out.

I'd say $10 - 15 is a fair price for these made up to sell.

Oh, here maybe I can post the links:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_brownie_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_cookies_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_chili_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_soup_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_recipes_new.pdf

OMG I love these!!!!! Thanks Cathy, I had no idea we could go back that far.

Wish they sold these, PERFECT for Christmas sales!!! Does anyone still have some? Happy to take them off your hands.

Carol

They do end up a little pricey, since the small batter bowl is $11 to start. If you tie a bamboo spoon to the handle, $20 is a reasonable price.If you see books at the store with canning jar recipes (or find those recipes online), those work, too. The small batter bowl holds 1 quart, which is the jar size used by most of those recipes.

I am so going to do this for Teacher gifts this year!

I made these up last year with a nice ribbon tied to the side and had no problem selling them for $20.

ChefJWarren said:
I made these up last year with a nice ribbon tied to the side and had no problem selling them for $20.

Spoon or no spoon for that $20.00? Where did you sell them at?

No spoon. Some at fairs I did and the rest at school (I'm a teacher). I sold about 15.

VeronicaW said:
I am so going to do this for Teacher gifts this year!
great idea. I plan on bringing a made up sample for all my fall shows. An easy teacher's gift, Sunday School, coach..., etc.

Has anyone ever done a cookie exchange party as a pc party? Wanted to know how it was done and thought that this might even fit into something like that. Thought about doing a "gift giving" show where people would pay $$ to make and take an item - in this case, the small batter bowl with all the goodies that they assembled at the party. does this make sense or sound like too much trouble?

ChefJWarren said:
No spoon. Some at fairs I did and the rest at school (I'm a teacher). I sold about 15.

Did you buy all the bowls in advance or take orders.... thank for answering my many ?s

I bought all the bowls in advance. I made some samples up and took mix orders for the rest. I actually only had one left over (forgot aobut that one). But its nice because I have two small batter bowls and it comes in handy. I figured if I didn't sell all of them, I would give them away as gifts.

doughmama said:
great idea. I plan on bringing a made up sample for all my fall shows. An easy teacher's gift, Sunday School, coach..., etc.

i have a HUGE extended family (my dad is one of 7 siblings - & they all have 3-4 children each) so i was already planning on doing a batter bowl mix for all of my aunts - i get the sbb at a discount & everyone LOVES them (one never seems to be enough around my house). its a win win :)

but i love your idea of taking a pre-made one to all fall shows doughmama. i can just see sbb sales skyrocket ($11 adds up quickly). my next three shows are mothers actively involved in their kids schools & pta - so im going to work on selling this & the dcb to them (i need more in the bag points!!).

oh. & i have a cookbook that my mom gave to me a few years back - its all recipes "in a jar." ill look tonight for some good ideas & see if i can just scan em onto here..

thecougchef said:
oh. & i have a cookbook that my mom gave to me a few years back - its all recipes "in a jar." ill look tonight for some good ideas & see if i can just scan em onto here..

I have a couple of these too! I forgot about them! I'll have to take a look too!
Thanks!

I did my first cookie exchange party last year at my house. I did not do a full demo as we did it more open house style. I had everyone bring a couple dozen cookies, we put them on the table in my dining room. Everyone also brought an empty tin to fill. So what we did was just "circle" the table in a line and fill our empties after most everyone was here. Then of course I had great appetizers to go along with the cookies (we put a few of each recipe on the SA Oval Platter/w Cranberry), I had a great punch in the Family Quick-stir and then had coffee in the Carafe..I showcased everything I could think of 'holiday' and it was a hit...over $1000.00 in sales, all during November for the SAT. I have been asked to do it again this year!

Does anyone have an adaptation for this to use in the prep bowls? Either as gifts or a quick cash and carry?

The only one I have seen for the prep bowls is Epsom Salts mix.

Cathy, Thanks for posting those links, plus where to look on CC. Now if only I can get my computer to work right...each time I try to click a link to another page it goes to the page and says done, but nothing is there!:cry: This has never happened before!!!:grumpy: Maybe tomorrow night it will be better!

byrd1956 said:
Cathy, Thanks for posting those links, plus where to look on CC. Now if only I can get my computer to work right...each time I try to click a link to another page it goes to the page and says done, but nothing is there!:cry: This has never happened before!!!:grumpy: Maybe tomorrow night it will be better!

Let me see if I can help you find it..... go to CC ~ click on the red tab that says products and recipes ~ then click on Theme Show Recipe Archives and you will see it!

What if we were to use a Dip Recipe Mix in the Prep Bowls?

Like, put the Dill mix in the PB and on the tag put that they need to add mayo and sour cream and chill.?! Tie it up w/ribbon and S. Bamboo Spoon too.

Maybe?

I guess just follow the recipes on the mix bottles.
Any other dry dip ideas to put in them?

I think that's BRILLIANT!​

You could also use the individual microwave cake mix recipe and put it in a PB and on the tag put the instructions to make the cake in the microwave. The mix is one cake mix and one box of pudding mix. I think the instructions are on here in files. To make it layered, you could put some white, chocolate or colored chocolate chips in the middle of the mix?!?

chefshawna said:
The mix is one cake mix and one box of pudding mix. I think the instructions are on here in files.

This recipe is for the Coffee and More cups, I think it would overflow out of the Prep Bowls.

OR, how about a dip mix recipe in one of the SA sm bowls wrapped with a spoon? No lid, but it would still be reeeally cute!!!

linojackie said:
Does anyone have an adaptation for this to use in the prep bowls? Either as gifts or a quick cash and carry?
for the prep bowls, rather than a mix, you could always make the candied nuts with the caramel sprinkle and fill the prep bowl, along the recipe or the spice itself...

I made these and they are yummy!!

ahhh...very smart thinkin!

Been off a few days.... I did get the links from CC. It must have just been my computer acting up that night! Thanks to all.

Where is the recipe for the candied nuts with the cinnamon sprinkle?
Deb

For the prep bowls, I filled with bath salts, put on the lid and tied a small bamboo spoon to it with pretty ribbon. People LOVED these for teacher gifts because they can make 6 with one purchase.

I have some recipes for the batter bowl mixes. When I get a moment in a few days, I will post them. One is for potato soup mix that my grandma requests as a Christmas gift every year. It takes 1/2 c. of the mix to make a bowl of soup, so, I'm thinking load up the prep bowls with this and the directions. Sorry I don't have time to type that one up right now and won't for a couple of days, but I will try to get to it soon.

Ok, I lied. I typed it up because now I want to do that for a few people.
Potato Soup Mix
2 ½ c. instant mashed potatoes (Hungry Jack is good)
1 ¼ c. powdered coffee creamer
1 packet McCormick chicken gravy mix
2 tsp. salt-free Spike seasoning (Look hard for Spike. If you can’t find it use salt-free Mrs. Dash or Lawry’s salt-free seasoning.)
2 tsp. dried minced onion
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
½ tsp. pepper

1. Place ingredients in large bowl and toss, shake and stir to mix well.
2. Place in a suitable mix container (a.k.a. Small Batter Bowls). Can make individual servings by placing ½ c. potato soup mix in separate containers. Be careful when dividing this mix to get all the ingredients into each container – the spices tend to settle to the bottom of bowl.
Makes 4 c. mix

Can make Potato Cheese Soup Mix by adding 1 packet Knorr Pasta Sauce – Four Cheese Flavor

To make Potato Soup
1. Place ½ c. potato soup mix into a mug or bowl.
2. Add 1 c. boiling water. Stir well.
3. Let stand 3 minutes until thickened.

By the way, the book I use is called "Mix It Up!" by Jackie Gannaway.

And, there are dip recipes in here. I'd be happy to typ one up if people want them. The choices are Farmhouse Vegetable, Garden Dill, Garlic Onion, Lemon Sugarplum Fruit, Mexican Fiesta, Parmesan Herb and Spicy Cajun.

janezapchef said:
Ok, I lied. I typed it up because now I want to do that for a few people.
Potato Soup Mix
2 ½ c. instant mashed potatoes (Hungry Jack is good)
1 ¼ c. powdered coffee creamer
1 packet McCormick chicken gravy mix
2 tsp. salt-free Spike seasoning (Look hard for Spike. If you can’t find it use salt-free Mrs. Dash or Lawry’s salt-free seasoning.)
2 tsp. dried minced onion
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
½ tsp. pepper

1. Place ingredients in large bowl and toss, shake and stir to mix well.
2. Place in a suitable mix container (a.k.a. Small Batter Bowls). Can make individual servings by placing ½ c. potato soup mix in separate containers. Be careful when dividing this mix to get all the ingredients into each container – the spices tend to settle to the bottom of bowl.
Makes 4 c. mix

Can make Potato Cheese Soup Mix by adding 1 packet Knorr Pasta Sauce – Four Cheese Flavor

To make Potato Soup
1. Place ½ c. potato soup mix into a mug or bowl.
2. Add 1 c. boiling water. Stir well.
3. Let stand 3 minutes until thickened.

By the way, the book I use is called "Mix It Up!" by Jackie Gannaway.

That sounds so good! I think I need to make this for myself... then I can bring it to work and just use our water cooler to make a quick lunch. I love how few ingredients are in it!

be sure to take these to shows...the cowboy chili is yummy. I took 3 to each show last year...cowboy chili, cookie, and a bread. I made the cowboy chili as the demo recipe and sold a ton of batterbowls. I did not sell them already made, just the idea. I also took a prep bowl with cake ingredients and sold several sets of them. They are great "cheap" gifts for teachers. And, its something they can use again...not just candy or lotion that will go away.

cathyskitchen said:
Go to Consultant's Corner > Products & Recipes > Enhance Your Shows > Theme Show Recipe Archives

Go all the way down to the Fall/Winter 2003 "Celebrations" recipes - on the far-right, you'll see the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix and the Celebration Cookie Mix, with perfect little tags you can print out.

I'd say $10 - 15 is a fair price for these made up to sell.
:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_brownie_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_cookies_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_chili_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_soup_tag_new.pdf

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/celebrate_recipes_new.pdf

You rock!!:thumbup::chef::thumbup:

I did a BB Class just before Christmas last year - I think there was 6 girls and 20 BBs sold total - I charged $20 per CBB (CDN)

1. What are the ingredients in the Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes for Bazaars?

The ingredients for our Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes include flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and any additional mix-ins such as chocolate chips or nuts. Each mix also comes with a recipe card and instructions.

2. Can you provide some recipe ideas for the Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes?

There are many delicious recipes you can make with our Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes. Some popular options include chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and peanut butter cookies. You can also get creative and add your own mix-ins for a unique twist.

3. How do I make the layered cookie mix in the batter bowl for gifting?

To make a layered cookie mix in the batter bowl, simply layer the dry ingredients in the bowl, starting with the flour and ending with the sugar. You can then attach the recipe card to the bowl with a festive ribbon for a cute and practical gift.

4. What is a suggested price for selling the Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes at a bazaar?

The price for selling our Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes at a bazaar will depend on the cost of ingredients and your desired profit margin. We recommend researching similar products at the bazaar and setting a competitive price that also covers your costs.

5. Are there any pricing tips for selling the Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes at a bazaar?

Some pricing tips for selling our Delicious Batter Bowl Cookie Mixes at a bazaar include offering special deals for buying multiple mixes, offering free samples to entice customers, and packaging the mixes in a visually appealing way to attract attention. It's also important to consider your costs and desired profit margin when setting a price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mvspenny
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies