• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Alternatives to Lemon Cake: Try a Lemon Bar!

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding alternative recipes for Lemon cake mixes and sharing ideas for using them in different ways. Suggestions included using mini-muffin pans, experimenting with new unmentioned baking products, and adding variations to the cake mix to create a unique dessert. Some participants also discussed earning free products through their business and using the Lemon cake mixes as a hosting incentive.
Harrle
Does anyone have any recipes that you can make with the Lemon cake other than just the directions on the back of the box. I now have 4 boxes of these and I know lemon cake will not go over in my house/family. I am thinking of maybe a lemon bar recipe or something????

Thanks,
Leea:cool:

Last year when I did a booth at a craft show, I made the cake mixes in the mini-muffin pan. Then I just dipped the tops in the glaze, & had setting out for people to sample. Of course they couldn't buy the mixes anymore, but if you won't eat it then it at least gets it out of your house;)

I'm thinking that is the way to go - then I can keep them in the freezer to grab a few at a time instead of wondering if the whole cake will go to waste.

Thanks!!!

Man, that is the best cake! Try selling them on the trading post!:D

lacychef said:
Last year when I did a booth at a craft show, I made the cake mixes in the mini-muffin pan. Then I just dipped the tops in the glaze, & had setting out for people to sample. Of course they couldn't buy the mixes anymore, but if you won't eat it then it at least gets it out of your house;)

Do they have mini-muffin pan recipes on them? I was going to wait for the new unmentional baking product to arrive and use them in that....

PampMomof3 said:
Man, that is the best cake! Try selling them on the trading post!:D

Really?? Do you just make it according to the directions on the box?? Is it really lemony (sp) tasting?

its_me_susan said:
Do they have mini-muffin pan recipes on them? I was going to wait for the new unmentional baking product to arrive and use them in that....

There is not a mini-muffin recipe on the box however now that you mention that new unmentioned product - I may have to wait and try it in there!:)

its_me_susan said:

Susan - do you realize how mean we are being - Kristi wasn't able to attend conference and unless some one squealed (or she had her cluster meeting) we are NOT being very nice mentioning the unmentionable new product!:)

Leea

:D you're not being mean!!;) I've had my cluster meeting and my recruiter is there right now! I can't wait to use that new product and I earned it FREE!! :D :D

PampMomof3 said:
:D you're not being mean!!;) I've had my cluster meeting and my recruiter is there right now! I can't wait to use that new product and I earned it FREE!! :D :D

Congrats on earning it for FREE!!! I unfortunately will have to work my but off to make some $$ to buy it!

Thanks! I can't wait to get everything, too bad I'm not as lucky as Amanda on here!~ With her 18 boxes and all!!!:D :D ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if they just 'threw in' the new products as a bonus to the shopping spree!! Either way free (well $20.00) is free!

Yes, that would be VERY NICE!!! :D

I was thinking of a variation of one of the new recipe cards in the new (you know what) pan. Making a strawberry sauce to swirl under it, sprinkled with powdered sugar and garnished with strawberry fan and a lemon swirl or sugared lemon zest. What do you think?

I got a TON of those cakes and I'm going to hand them out to my hosts! After I make a few, of course!

Warm Lemon Cake

1 package of 3.4 oz Instant pudding Lemon flavored
¾ cup water
1 1/3 cups water
¼ cup veg oil
3 eggs
1 package of lemon cake mix
Lemon Curd 10oz jar

Lighly bush bottom and side of Rice Cooker

Mix Lemon pudding with ¾ cup water
Mix until smooh, add the remianing water and oil
Add eggs. Wish togeter. Add cake mix and mix well.

Pour in rice cooker and cook in microwave for about 12 minutes

Let cool 5 minutes and turn out of to plate.

Put half of the jar of Lemon Curd in a plastic baggy . Cut it off of the bottom
and pipe on top of hot cake.

Lots of Lemon Cake MixI figure it's a great hosting incentive. I went to wave 3 of conference, and on the last day they gave those of us picking up our cake mixes a whole case of them! I'm going to offer a free box of "Gourmet Lemon Cake Mix" to anyone who will book a show in August, as I'm still making calls and need shows this month. I may offer something else, too, just bc I really need to get shows booked. I don't have any on my calendar, but have some possibilities.

1. What ingredients do I need to make lemon bars?

To make lemon bars, you will need butter, sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.

2. Can I use a different type of citrus fruit instead of lemon?

Yes, you can use other citrus fruits such as lime, orange, or grapefruit to make delicious bars.

3. How do I achieve a perfect crust for my lemon bars?

To achieve a perfect crust, make sure to evenly press the crust mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and bake it for 15 minutes before adding the lemon filling.

4. Can I make lemon bars ahead of time?

Yes, you can make lemon bars ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.

5. What is the best way to serve lemon bars?

Lemon bars are best served chilled. You can dust them with powdered sugar and add a dollop of whipped cream on top for an extra touch of sweetness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies