• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Lemon Drop Cookie Recipes - Need Advice!

In summary, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute for fresh lemon juice in a lemon drop cookie recipe. Other flavors, such as lavender or thyme, can also be added for a unique twist. The cookie dough can be made ahead of time and frozen, and refrigerating the dough before baking can result in less spreading. To make the cookies chewier, use a combination of butter and shortening and be careful not to overbake them.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I want to make the lemon drop cookies tomorrow but the only thing I don't have is lemon curd. I hate paying $4-5 for a jar to use just part of it. I looked up a few recipes online and it looks pretty simple. The only thing I would need to get is lemons. Just wanted to see if anyone here had any tried and true recipes.

Basically it's lemon meringue pie filling. Just be sure to stir well and cook it long enough. Don't have a recipe handy. It's been years since I made one.

The filling feom the mock lemon meringue cake might work- it is tart but didnt require cooking

1. Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemon juice in my lemon drop cookie recipe?

While fresh lemon juice is preferred for its bright and authentic flavor, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute. Just keep in mind that bottled lemon juice tends to be more concentrated, so adjust the amount accordingly.

2. Can I add other flavors, like lavender or thyme, to my lemon drop cookie recipe?

Absolutely! Lemon pairs well with a variety of herbs and spices, so feel free to experiment and add your own twist to the recipe. Just be sure to use high-quality ingredients and start with small amounts to avoid overpowering the lemon flavor.

3. Can I make the cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make the cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it for later use. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to bake, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight before proceeding with the recipe.

4. Do I need to refrigerate the dough before baking?

It is not necessary to refrigerate the dough before baking, but doing so can help prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking. If you prefer flatter, crisper cookies, you can skip the refrigeration step.

5. How can I make my lemon drop cookies chewier instead of crispier?

To make your lemon drop cookies chewier, use a combination of butter and shortening in the recipe. You can also add an extra egg yolk, which will add moisture and richness to the cookies. Be careful not to overbake the cookies, as this can also make them crispier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg