• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long

In summary, this woman followed me around after I had just finished an awards ceremony, trying to get me to do a party for her. She was acting all stupid and it turned out to be her husband's number she was using. Not sure why she would waste my time like that.
amy07
So, I had this host who cancelled on me the morning of her show. Of course she claimed she wanted to reschedule, blah, blah, blah....Well several months have gone by and her numbers have been disconnected and emails are returned. Bless & release.
So, today I'm out running errands, and who do I happen to see working at my local Hallmark store? You guessed it! This is where it is funny!

Me: Hi! You're Laura right? (no, I'm not changing names to protect the guilty either!)

Laura: Uh yeah.

Me: Hi! How are you! You look great!

Laura: Uh, thanks?

Me: Oh, you don't remember me do you? It's me Amy.

Laura: Uh, hi?

Me: How have you been? I see you've got a new job! That's great! Things must really be going great for you!

Laura:*******blank stare********

Finally,

Laura: (still with a blank stare) I'm really sorry, but I can't remember how I know you.

Me: Oh! I'm a Consultant with The Pampered Chef, I met you back at your best friend Deb's house in January.

Laura:*******blank stare******* GONE!!!
******fumbling over her words since a wave of guilt/shame seem to been choking her********** "I, I, I still want to have a show. I am soooo sorry that I never responded to your emails."

NOTE: At this point, she's sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher to me. Wah, WaWah, WaWah.

Me:*****smiling sweetly****Oh, that's ok. I'm sure you'll give me a call when you are ready! I know you probably still have all those extra catalogs that you asked me to send you with my contact information.

Unfortunately, Laura had to tend to another area of the store, waaaaaay away from me. Funny, how "emergencies" can pop up like that.;)

Just thought I would share. Only fellow Consultants could appreciate the encounter!:rolleyes:

ROTFL!!!
Too funny! I've had a few of those encounters. It's amazing over the 9 years I've been doing this, how many people seem to get an instant stuttering problem!!!!
How great of you to let her down easy! I'm sure she's eating crow!:D

at least she had the good sense to be embarrassed for herself!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Thanks for sharing...and my you handled that with class. You'll have to go in there more often!! ;)

MissChef said:
ROTFL!!!
Too funny! I've had a few of those encounters. It's amazing over the 9 years I've been doing this, how many people seem to get an instant stuttering problem!!!!
How great of you to let her down easy! I'm sure she's eating crow!:D

I really wanted to pull out my planner with my open dates and tell her. "Oh, since she are still interested, let's get a date. I have some openings this month, how about next Friday?". Not that I think it would've held, but just to see her squirm just a bit more. Evil I know. But that's what PMS will do ya!

How great that you remembered her face & name. I usually am like I know that face but who & where from.

Had one of those too. But she gave me her "new" phone number to call her to reschedule and sure enough, that number did not work neither.

amy07 said:
I really wanted to pull out my planner with my open dates and tell her. "Oh, since she are still interested, let's get a date. I have some openings this month, how about next Friday?". Not that I think it would've held, but just to see her squirm just a bit more. Evil I know. But that's what PMS will do ya!

But it's at least fun to entertain those thoughts! :) I entertain thoughts of Voodoo retribution on people who have done things like that to me. But I don't have a Voodoo doll! :)

I always ask for an 8X10 glossy for my dartboard

ROFL!! This is great! Thanks for sharing, Amy - great job in handling her! :D

Chef Endora said:
I always ask for an 8X10 glossy for my dartboard

LOL!!!!!:D

Thanks for the laugh!:D

I was at my son's school for the end of year awards ceremony and of course I was decked out (as always) with a PC shirt and my purse as well. Well, a lady was following me in and said "Oh, you do Pampered Chef? I want to do a party!" I was like "WOW! that was easy!" We exchanged info and I called her # that evening. Well, she acted all stupid like claiming she wasn't who I was looking for, this was her husband's cell # and she didn't even know who I was. Just sounded a bit too fishy. Sounded just like her though. Why would someone even waste my time?

Some people are just nuts.

Oh wow Amy, thanks for sharing that! Good for you for how you handled it!

What is the "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long"?

The "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long" is a multipurpose kitchen tool designed to quickly and easily remove the skin, bones, and tendons from any type of meat, including deer, beef, chicken, and fish.

How does the "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long" work?

The tool features a sharp curved blade that effortlessly glides along the bones and tendons, separating them from the meat. Its long handle provides a comfortable grip and allows for precise control.

Is the "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long" suitable for all types of meat?

Yes, the tool is designed to work with all types of meat, including tough game meats like deer and elk, as well as more delicate meats like chicken and fish.

Can the "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long" be used by both left-handed and right-handed individuals?

Yes, the tool is designed to be used comfortably by both left-handed and right-handed individuals. Its ergonomic handle and versatile blade make it easy to use for people of all hand orientations.

Is the "Deer in the Headlights Look! - Long" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tool is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lauradorable
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • prissylovescooking