• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decorator Bottles, How to Fill?

*Fill bottles using small spreader or butter knife. Bottle holds approximately 1/2 cup/125 mL of frosting (1/3 of a 16 ounce/453 g can).*Position tip on coupler; slide ring over tip and screw onto coupler.*Screw coupler onto filled bottle.*Hold bottle with thumbs at bottom and fingertips on top. Steadily squeeze thumbs and fingers together to compress bottle and dispense frosting.
lisacb77
I don't have them, yet...seriously thinking about getting some now. I have a customer that wants to know how you get the icing in them. Do the tips come off? I would think they do since we can order them on replacement but want to be sure. She doesn't want them if she has to squeeze through the tiny opening to get stuff IN them :)

Thanks!

the tips and connecter appear to unscrew. in which case it will still be hard to get icing in...and out. I do not like these things! But i have also never used them. I am a big fan of the wilton plastic bags or parchment triangles. you can throw them away and they form to your hand and are easy to control!

Does anyone else wonder not only how to fill but how to wash them??? I am not excited by them either.

I think you would have to use brush to clean them... and remember for the tips that wilton tips are supposed to fit these bottles :)

hey look at that, a cleaning brush is included :) ...and they are dishwasher safe.PS: I had to clear my cache and reset cookies in order for the "Not Available" to come off from the dec. bottle item.....that stinks, i wonder how many customers won't know to do that and will see them as unavailable still!!

it seems to me I recall seeing on the demo recipes CD that we got that they filled the bottles by first filling a ziploc bag and then snipping the corner and squeezing the contents into the bottle that way

Melinda

yeah, so why not just use a wilton bag? i have decorated cookies with a ziploc freezer bag and a tip once.

because they look better :) and.................... maybe it would be better to give a child to use instead of a bag which could get squeezed too hard too easily?

I can never seem to get the baggies to work very well for me. I really like the bottles. They weren't hard to fill at all. I just put the icing in a baggie (& colored white frosting with food coloring right in baggie) & cut a tip & squeezed it in the bottles. They are pretty easy to clean too. I let mine sit in hot water for a few minutes & they rinsed right out. You could also fill them with a small spreader.

I used them today at a cookie decorating playgroup and they worked great. Took white icing and made it three different colors. The 4 and up kids were able to squeeze without help and loved having different colors to choose from. The 3 year old boys could get it to come out with help from mom. We just used a spoon to put in the top and it seemed to work fine although it was a little messy and inefficient. I don't have bags and like these to make me feel crafty when I'm not.

I just used a butter knife to fill mine; worked perfect! And they actually cleaned pretty easy, just soaked them in water & washed with brush.:)

Okay... this is great feedback...maybe I'll have to reconsider.. using the bags with kids doesn't work well... I suppose we could use the EAD to fill the DB'S!!!!!! We're always supposed to cross sell right? OMG ... it's Friday!

I haven't used mine very often, but when I did they were fairly easy to fill and really easy to clean. I love that they come with a cleaning brush, but I didn't even use mine. I just rinsed them with warm water and all the frosting came loose. I think they are a great product for $10.50!!

Okay so I guess you CAN take the tips off to fill first? I just can't picture squeezing through the tiny holes and that is the concern of my customer.

I found my answer! Dawned on me to check use & care on CC:
*Fill bottles using small spreader or butter knife. Bottle holds approximately 1/2 cup/125 mL of frosting (1/3 of a 16 ounce/453 g can).
*Position tip on coupler; slide ring over tip and screw onto coupler.
*Screw coupler onto filled bottle.
*Hold bottle with thumbs at bottom and fingertips on top. Steadily squeeze thumbs and fingers together to compress bottle and dispense frosting.

So it does sound like you remove the tips first!

the tips are the same (and interchangable) with Wilton tips... it is the same as any other bag decorator that you use a tip with. there are all different diameters, shapes ....and I think that my mind just went to the gutter!

tisk tisk Jennifer :p

sarahmarie said:
yeah, so why not just use a wilton bag? i have decorated cookies with a ziploc freezer bag and a tip once.

The reason I don't use pastry bags (and I have several of the darn things around here!!) is that they are a pain in the butt to clean. I am a big believer in my dishwasher and bags don't lend themselves very well to the dishwasher.

That, and being terrorized by them in school!!

I have a set of bottles that I got before the stop sell took effect and actually like them alot for decorating cookies, etc. My youngest GrD really likes them!!

Plus, they take other wilton tips, and they are just so darn cute!!

I fill mine up with the easy accent decorator :) I did a mini cake show with the prep bowls and everybody had a blast (adults and kids). I demostrated how easy it was to fill the bottles with the Bismarck Tip, how easy it was to make mini microwavable cakes in the prep bowls, and how easy it was to use the serrated bread knife to trim off the excess cake so I could set my prep bowls flat on the cooling rack to cool before decorating :) This really boosted my sales and I got a lot of bookings. I know what works for some, doesn't work for others, but I wanted to share :)

I have the decorator bottles and found that filling them with icing is messy
with a spoon or knife. It seems silly to dirty the EAD just to fill the bottles.
I was wondering if the flexible funnels would work. I don't have them so I can't try it. But it seems like you should be able to put them on the bottles and use a spoon to fill them with icing. Then use the spoon to force the icing down into the bottle. Can somebody try this?

jenniferknapp said:
the tips are the same (and interchangable) with Wilton tips... it is the same as any other bag decorator that you use a tip with. there are all different diameters, shapes ....and I think that my mind just went to the gutter!
Just had to make me laugh at 6 in the morning, didn't 'ya, lol. You naughty girl you.

A friend of mine puts her icing on the stove (not the element) just to warm a bit (suppose you could put it in the microwave for 30 secs as well) while the cake is baking and it softens so it's able to be poured. Then she puts it in the fridge for a short time to become thick again. I haven't tried it but she has a few times and it's worked.

the tips come off and if you have the standard sized Wilton tips they ARE interchangable.

Karen Hodge said:
I have the decorator bottles and found that filling them with icing is messy
with a spoon or knife. It seems silly to dirty the EAD just to fill the bottles.
I was wondering if the flexible funnels would work. I don't have them so I can't try it. But it seems like you should be able to put them on the bottles and use a spoon to fill them with icing. Then use the spoon to force the icing down into the bottle. Can somebody try this?
I tried to fill a bottle with a funnel and it did not work. The icing wasn't liquidy enough. I would warm it first, then fill, then cool. It would probably work that way...

I tried to use the funnels and shove it in with the skinny scraper and my experiences were the same as Beth's. It just made a bigger mess and didn't accomplish much!

Pampered Chef's solution is to take a sandwich bag, fill it with the frosting and cut a hole in one corner and squeeze the frosting into the bottle - If I am going to do that I'm just going to skip the decorator bottle step. You can put a tip on the sandwich bag (there are some with an inner piece that screws into the tip).

I thought these would be great but so far... I don't show them but they sure do sell!

Well I am getting some later this week so I will try the butterknife tip and let y'all know! Thanks again!

1. How do I fill the decorator bottle?

To fill the decorator bottle, simply unscrew the top and pour your desired liquid or batter into the bottle. You can also use a funnel to make filling easier and less messy.

2. Can I use thick or chunky liquids in the decorator bottle?

Yes, the decorator bottle is designed to work with a variety of liquids, including thick or chunky ones. Just make sure to cut any large chunks or pieces into smaller sizes before pouring them into the bottle.

3. How do I prevent air bubbles from forming in the decorator bottle?

To prevent air bubbles, tap the bottle gently on a flat surface after filling it with liquid. This will help to release any trapped air and ensure a smooth and consistent flow of liquid from the bottle.

4. What is the best way to clean the decorator bottle?

The decorator bottle is dishwasher safe, but for best results, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water. Make sure to remove any leftover liquid or batter before cleaning. You can also use a small brush to clean the nozzle and any hard-to-reach areas.

5. Can I use the decorator bottle for hot liquids?

No, the decorator bottle is not designed for use with hot liquids. It is only suitable for use with room temperature or chilled liquids. Using hot liquids can damage the bottle and potentially cause burns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chefstover2