• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Handle Unresponsive Event Hosts?

In summary, the host who booked the show did not receive the invitations and did not respond to messages. The second host decided to reschedule.
chefann
Gold Member
I had to leave the dreaded, "I'll be at your house on Sunday at 1:30 unless I hear otherwise" message. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_hoh.gif

I've got a pair of hosts for this Sunday who booked a fundraiser at the end of November. I've left several messages for the primary contact, initially to find out which house the show was going to be at. Never hear back from either of them. I mailed out host packs to them with invitations in them. And there was no answer when I called yesterday - hence the "I'll see you then" message.

Luckily, I wasn't relying on this show for the early January incentive. But I'm out catalogs and invitations (and labels) if it ends up not happening. I've got their phone numbers with me here at work - if I remember to call them.

Some people just have no respect for others!
Thanks for letting me vent. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/mistick_frustriran.gif

chefann said:
I had to leave the dreaded, "I'll be at your house on Sunday at 1:30 unless I hear otherwise" message. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_hoh.gif

I've got a pair of hosts for this Sunday who booked a fundraiser at the end of November. I've left several messages for the primary contact, initially to find out which house the show was going to be at. Never hear back from either of them. I mailed out host packs to them with invitations in them. And there was no answer when I called yesterday - hence the "I'll see you then" message.

Luckily, I wasn't relying on this show for the early January incentive. But I'm out catalogs and invitations (and labels) if it ends up not happening. I've got their phone numbers with me here at work - if I remember to call them.

Some people just have no respect for others!

Thanks for letting me vent. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/mistick_frustriran.gif

Why is the common courtesy of a phone call or even an email so hard for some people?

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

We can help you remember. What time would you like to be reminded? I set the alarm on my cell phone to remind me to call certain hosts in the evenings because I don't think to make calls when the kids are home. We can be your alarm.

Good idea- but I really need to log off and get some real work done today. If I leave the browser up on my computer, it's too tempting to spend all day here. ('cuz I just love you folks all so much!) I'll write myself a sticky and try her number closer to lunch time.

If you don't hear from them, give me their address and I'll go over and kick a little booty for you! :grumpy:

Well, I just reached her. Apparently, she had just called my house (I leave my home number when I leave messages). She didn't get the invites in time to get them in the mail, so she wanted to reschedule. I rebooked her for late February (for the HWC w/2 shows promo!). I also got a confirmation of which host's house it's going to be at. :rolleyes:

So, that's 2 cancellations/reschedules out of 2 shows booked for this weekend. But since I can now use the time to do laundry, everyone who's going to Leadership can breathe easy. ;)

chefann said:
Well, I just reached her. Apparently, she had just called my house (I leave my home number when I leave messages). She didn't get the invites in time to get them in the mail, so she wanted to reschedule. I rebooked her for late February (for the HWC w/2 shows promo!). I also got a confirmation of which host's house it's going to be at. :rolleyes:

So, that's 2 cancellations/reschedules out of 2 shows booked for this weekend. But since I can now use the time to do laundry, everyone who's going to Leadership can breathe easy. ;)

Don't forget to use vinegar! :D

...and now you can get cabinets sorted out...

Yeah- only 140 boxes/flat packs, plus handles, hinges, and drawer dampers. :rolleyes:

I think I'll have to have a Cheffer party when it's done.

chefann said:
Yeah- only 140 boxes/flat packs, plus handles, hinges, and drawer dampers. :rolleyes:

I think I'll have to have a Cheffer party when it's done.

Are you sure you want a bunch of cheffers in your brand new kitchen?:D

I'd be glad to come help you christen the new kitchen!:chef:

OMG! Can you imagine the fun of a kitchen full of Cheffers? Maybe I'll have to postpone until the summer, though, so we can spill out into the back yard.

You can bring DH, and he can talk cars with my DH in the Chrome Theater (garage).

1. How should I handle an unresponsive host as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to first reach out to your host and remind them of their responsibilities as a host. If they are still unresponsive, you can reach out to their guests directly and offer to help them with their orders. You can also consider offering incentives or rewards for guests who place orders, even if their host is unresponsive.

2. What should I do if my host continuously ignores my messages and calls?

If your host continues to ignore your attempts to contact them, it may be time to reach out to your upline or team leader for advice. They may have dealt with similar situations and can offer guidance on how to handle an unresponsive host. You can also consider reaching out to other consultants in your network for tips and support.

3. Is it okay to cancel a party if the host is unresponsive?

Cancelling a party should always be a last resort. Before making this decision, try to reach out to your host through multiple channels (phone, email, social media) and give them a deadline for responding. If they still do not respond, consider reaching out to their guests directly to offer them the opportunity to place orders. Cancelling a party may result in lost sales and disappointed guests, so it should only be done after all other options have been exhausted.

4. How can I prevent unresponsive hosts in the future?

One way to prevent unresponsive hosts in the future is to set clear expectations from the beginning. When booking a party, make sure the host understands their responsibilities and what is expected of them in terms of inviting guests, promoting the party, and collecting orders. You can also offer incentives or rewards for hosts who meet certain goals or are responsive throughout the party planning process.

5. What should I do if an unresponsive host still wants to receive host benefits?

If an unresponsive host still wants to receive host benefits, it's important to communicate with them and come to a mutual agreement. You can offer to extend the party deadline or work with them to find a way for them to still receive benefits, such as placing a personal order or reaching a minimum sales amount. However, it's ultimately up to you as the consultant to decide if you are willing to work with an unresponsive host and how you will handle the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • schoonies
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
smithcooking
  • AshleyAllison