• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Stress: My First Teacher Interview Didn't Go As Planned

In summary, Amanda felt really stressed out and uncomfortable during her first teacher interview. She stumbled over words, repeated herself, and it went poorly. Despite this, she is still hopeful that the person on the other side of the desk liked her enough to offer her a job. Her husband is out of town this week and she can't vent to him, so she comes to online forums to share her feelings. The other posters reassure her that she did well, and that it might not have been the right job for her after all. Amanda thanks them all and has some chocolate to make her feel better.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay I am really stressed, I just had my first teacher interview and it went horrible in my opinion. I stumbled over words, I repeated myself, and it just went crappy.

I keep looking at how perfect this position would have been for me. I would work 3 and 1/2 hours a day, monday through friday and get paid the same amount of money I am making now subbing 5 days a week full days. This would have given me time for my family, PC and ceramics. I am exhausted by the end of the day.

My husband is out of town this week so I can't vent to him, and my 2 year old just understands that I am sad.

I just need to keep telling myself, that it was a good practice interview, and this was not the job for me. Thanks for letting me vent, I will be stuck on this one for the week.

Hey Amanda!

Try to think of the positive... I am sure that it went better than you think. Every time I thought I just bombed it... I got the job offer!! :)

Hang in there!!! It always works out for the best!!! :)

Good luck.

Amanda,

Maybe it didn't go so poorly. You never know what the person on the other side of the desk was thinking. I hope your impressions are wrong.

What I've always said in applying for a job (or making an offer on a house), if it's meant to be. . .it will be.

Stop playing the interview tape through your head. :rolleyes: It will only make you crazy.

Jeanine

Amanda, I agree with what everyone says I did a job interview and I swore I bombed it, I did call the next day to see if they hired someone yet(was taught to do that so they know you are interested) and they wanted me back so I did the 2nd interview and I actually told the 2nd lady that I was sure I bombed the 1st one so when I left I was SURE I bombed the 2nd one but I did get the job so you never know

pamperedalf said:
Okay I am really stressed, I just had my first teacher interview and it went horrible in my opinion. I stumbled over words, I repeated myself, and it just went crappy.

I keep looking at how perfect this position would have been for me. I would work 3 and 1/2 hours a day, monday through friday and get paid the same amount of money I am making now subbing 5 days a week full days. This would have given me time for my family, PC and ceramics. I am exhausted by the end of the day.

My husband is out of town this week so I can't vent to him, and my 2 year old just understands that I am sad.

I just need to keep telling myself, that it was a good practice interview, and this was not the job for me. Thanks for letting me vent, I will be stuck on this one for the week.

And hey - for all you know, they may have LOVED you!!!
Don't be so hard on yourself.
And...have some chocolate :)

Thank you all for your kind words. I love that I can come on here and vent, it really helps.I am probably being harder on myself than I should be, but I was so nervous going into it. I almost had a heart attack, when I found out I was one of the three being interviewed. Then today all the buzz words left my brain during the interview.Thanks Carolyn, my son and I made Ice cream sundaes w/ lots of chocolate. Chocolate always makes any day better!!

Okay, at least they didn't let me stress all week, I received a phone call yesterday to tell me I didn't get the job. Oh well it wasn't meant for me no matter how perfect I thought it would fit in my schedule.:(Thanks for letting me cry!!!! You guys rock!

Related to Dealing with Stress: My First Teacher Interview Didn't Go As Planned

1. How do I handle the stress of not having a successful first teacher interview?

It's completely normal to feel stressed after a less-than-perfect first interview. Remember that it's just one experience and there will be many others in your future. Take some time to reflect on what went well and what you can improve upon for next time.

2. What can I do to calm my nerves before a teacher interview?

Before your interview, try practicing some deep breathing exercises or meditation. You can also try visualizing yourself succeeding in the interview and speaking confidently. It's also helpful to have a support system, whether it's friends, family, or a mentor, who can offer words of encouragement.

3. How can I prepare for potential difficult questions during a teacher interview?

It's important to research common interview questions and practice your responses beforehand. Be honest and authentic in your answers, and don't be afraid to take a moment to collect your thoughts before responding. It's also helpful to have specific examples prepared to showcase your skills and experience.

4. What should I do if I feel like I bombed my teacher interview?

First, don't be too hard on yourself. Remember that everyone has off days and it's not a reflection of your abilities as a teacher. Take some time to reflect on what went wrong and how you can improve for future interviews. You can also reach out to the interviewer for feedback and use it to improve in the future.

5. How can I avoid feeling overwhelmed during a teacher interview?

To avoid feeling overwhelmed, make sure to prioritize self-care and take breaks during the interview process. It's also helpful to have a clear understanding of the job requirements and expectations beforehand, so you can focus on showcasing your skills and experiences that align with the position. And remember, it's okay to ask for clarification or take a moment to gather your thoughts if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies