• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Product Adjustment

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
I remember reading a thread regarding this topic but I cannot find it anywhere, so sorry to have to start another one.
A chunk of the inside of my lid is missing (don't know how, when or why) - it still functions but my director said that I should do a product adjustment because a damaged stone is not something I really want to be showing at a show. She also told me that all I would have to do is crack the lid into small pieces and return a piece of it to HO.
I did the product adjustment online and it does say to return the product. My question is - do I return the entire DCB, the intact lid only or a small piece of the lid? This is the part that the other thread was talking about, but I can't find it. Thanks for your help.
Also - will they go ahead and ship the new DCB or will they wait until they have received the damaged one? I hate to be without a DCB as I am highlighting its use for BBQ Chicken Sandwiches at my shows this month.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I wouldn't return the entire thing - would cost a small fortune to ship.
I'd call HO first before I did that. I've not had to do this, and I know HO won't tell you to do it because of safety, but I've heard of consultants say they put the cracked stone in a thick garbage back and "whoops!" drop it on the garage floor or sidewalk. Then take a piece and send THAT to HO.

jennyl

Feb 2, 2006
How did you get the DCB? If it is yours - earned for free, or bought as a sample or an individual order of your own - then call HO and they will ship one out to you and then you can ship yours (or a piece?) back after receiving the new one. They'll do that if it's a consultant product since we need things for our shows.

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
How did you get the DCB? If it is yours - earned for free, or bought as a sample or an individual order of your own - then call HO and they will ship one out to you and then you can ship yours (or a piece?) back after receiving the new one. They'll do that if it's a consultant product since we need things for our shows.

Before becoming a consultant (March 2009), I ordered it as a host in November of 2008. I guess I need to call them and clarify that even though they are seeing an adjustment for a customer's DCB, I am now a consultant and need it for shows.

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
I just called HO and she said that they would go ahead and ship it out since I am a consultant. That is very helpful and the hold time was less than a minute or so.