• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Oven Time Compared to Micro Time

In summary, the conversation discusses a person's experience with making Chicken Penne Pasta in the Deep Covered Baker using their personal microwave, which is too small. They had to use their oven instead and it took about an hour to cook at 400 degrees. They mention that this could be a reason to get a new microwave and also share tips for cooking with a small microwave.
pc_jessica
Okay so I am making the Chicken Penne Pasta in the DCB but because my personal microwave is just a hair to small I had to make it in my oven...well it is now an hour later and it is just looking maybe like it could be done. So I have been cooking it at 400 degrees for roughly 55 minutes. anyone else have it take this long? just wanted everyone to know it takes a lot longer!! maybe this will be the big push to get my husband to belive we need a new microwave...dinner could have been done about 30 minutes ago!!!

Is your microwave to small for the DCB to turn or does it just not fit? If it won't turn just go in about half way through and turn it manually. I've seen some pretty small microwaves and the DCB has fit in them all.

We did a show where the micro was too small and we made the pasta in the classic batter bowl instead of the DCB. It fit, and turned out great, we just didn't get to show off the baker.

pc_jessica said:
Okay so I am making the Chicken Penne Pasta in the DCB but because my personal microwave is just a hair to small I had to make it in my oven...well it is now an hour later and it is just looking maybe like it could be done. So I have been cooking it at 400 degrees for roughly 55 minutes. anyone else have it take this long? just wanted everyone to know it takes a lot longer!! maybe this will be the big push to get my husband to belive we need a new microwave...dinner could have been done about 30 minutes ago!!!

Oh my Jessica.... I would not wait that long for a "pasta dinner". The micros that the DCB fit in are not expensive in our area. I believe you want to look for a 1.9 CF My DCB does not turn in my micro but everything comes out just as good.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that your Chicken Penne Pasta is taking longer than expected. It's always frustrating when cooking times don't go as planned, especially when you're hungry and ready to eat! I have made this dish in both the DCB and the oven, and I've found that the oven does tend to take a bit longer. However, I usually cook mine at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes and it comes out perfectly. Maybe adjusting the temperature and time will help in the future. And hey, maybe this is the perfect excuse to finally get that new microwave! Happy cooking!

What is the difference between DCB oven time and microwave time?

The DCB oven is a stoneware baking dish that is designed to be used in the oven, while the microwave is a quick and convenient method of cooking food. The main difference between the two is the cooking method and the time it takes to cook food.

Does food cook faster in the DCB oven or the microwave?

The microwave is known for its fast cooking time, but the DCB oven can also cook food quickly due to its stoneware material which retains heat and cooks food evenly. The cooking time will depend on the type of food being cooked and the recipe being followed.

Why does food need more time in the DCB oven compared to the microwave?

The DCB oven cooks food at a lower temperature compared to the microwave, which cooks food at a high temperature in a shorter amount of time. This is because the stoneware material in the DCB oven takes longer to heat up, but it also retains heat better, resulting in more even and thorough cooking.

Can I use the same cooking time for a recipe in both the DCB oven and microwave?

No, the cooking time will vary depending on the cooking method. It is important to follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly when using the DCB oven or microwave.

Are there any types of food that should not be cooked in the DCB oven or microwave?

It is important to follow the recipe instructions and use caution when cooking with either the DCB oven or microwave. Some foods may not be suitable for certain cooking methods, so it is always best to refer to the recipe or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies